“Ramen on the east side ”
Review of Hide-Chan Ramen

Hide-Chan Ramen
Ranked #916 of 16,401 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Midtown East
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed this ramen spot on a rainy Saturday. We arrived right when it opened and it quickly filled up. Great broth and very reasonable prices considering the lunch sets and portion sizes. Loved the spicy miso garlic ramen. Would go again.

Date of visit: April 2019
4  Thank emgeller

Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

Over the years, I have been to a few ramen restaurant outside of Japan and Hide-Chan must be one of the best I have visited.

Location:
It is on the 52nd, between 2nd and 3rd avenue. It is on the 1st floor (not ground floor), very easy to find. Please note that there is another very good ramen restaurant on the ground floor of the same building but they do not do pork base soup.

Staff:
The staff are friendly. I was there last night at 1215am and again today at 1:30pm. Both set of staff made me feel very welcome at the restaurant.

Food:
I tasted the "firm" and "soft" noodles and prefer the "soft" noodles. Very fresh and cooked to perfection.

The soup base is the best part. I love it, rich and creamy and not too spicy (I ordered the Spicy Garlic one).

The pork (Char Siu) was nice, egg was beautifully cooked but there are lots of spring onion which comes with the noodles. If you don't like spring onion, please make a note on this.

Summary:
I will visit again even if I am visiting the other side of town. During weekdays, it opens until 1am and Fri/Sat, it opens until 3am. Must visit after a few beers in town.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 7, 2019

We had ramen, agedashi tofu, and agedashi eggplant. Nothing really special. You are able to order how well done you want your noodle (firm, xtra firm, med), and whether you want wavy or straight noodles. My daughter ordered wavy med firmness and it noodles were al dente. My son ordered straight firm, and they were a little underdone. The agedashi tofu was not good - kind of slimey and not firm/crunchy on the outside like what I am used to back home. The agedashi eggplant was worse - was cold and did not look appetizing.
Also, they don't do takeout.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

Had the pleasure of an early dinner. Ordered the 5 piece goyza as an entree - discounted by 50% due to happy hour as well as a $2 Sapporo beer. I had the spicy ramen with wavy noodle and extra pork. Delicious and I’m sorry I found this at the end of my trip as I would have gone back there again and again and again. Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

Everything's impeccable.
Hosts are very courteous, polite yet friendly.
Simple menu with multi choices for Ramen.
Five of us had 5 different types of Ramen and they all are delicious and generous sizes.
Ordered 6 different kinds of Appetizers and they all are delicious! (From egg plants to Dumplings to Chicken wings to Shimp Xiu Mai...)
Very affordable prices for 2 adults and 3 teenagers *17, 16 and 14 years old*.
A Must if you are in the area!!!

Date of visit: March 2019