“Pricey but first class all the way”

The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York
More attraction details
Owner description: The award-winning Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York spans 14,500 feet high above Manhattan. Honoring Mandarin Oriental’s eastern culture and heritage while incorporating influences from the cultural diversity of New York City, the Five-Star spa offers holistic rejuvenation in a tranquil, meditative setting. Within The Spa, a 6,000-square-foot fitness center offers a range of cardiovascular and weight training equipment, plus a 75-foot lap pool bathed in natural sunlight from floor-to-ceiling windows provides Hudson River views.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went here with my husband for our anniversary. It's a beautiful, well maintained, pretty spa. One of the best I've ever visited. Their staff listen and try hard to meet your needs. Was expensive but worth it for a special occasion.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was staying at the Mandarin Oriental New York and decided to spend some time in the Spa facility. It felt really good. I didn't do any treatment so i can't give a full review about the service. But using the facility was enjoyable. Very modern, clean and private. I was fortunate enough to try the Mandarin Oriental Spa Facility in Las Vegas which is out of this world, so I was a little disappointed by the one in New York. But it's understandable because the one in Las Vegas is probably one of the best in the world. I would recommend if you stay at the MO in New York.

1  Thank HG56
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I was book for a different service, after I was already there they could not change it... . went to complaining to the night supervisor, who treated like a tourist when she realized I was a client..

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Trip to NYC this past weekend with my boyfriend who treated me to a massage at the Mandarin. He was very disappointed that they change their prices on the weekend. The spa was not as relaxing as I expected, and felt like an extension of this very busy hotel. The massage was average (my therapist was young and seemingly inexperienced) and lasted 50 minutes (which is one of their time frames). Will not recommend them.

Reviewed May 12, 2011

First up: the spa at the Mandarin Oriental is NOT cheap, so be prepared to pony up some serious money if you visit here.

That said, in this case you get what you pay for - a genuinely 5-star experience.

The spa is not that big, but was not overcrowded when I visited so it was actually very relaxing. The facilities are excellently done up, and they have a great hot tub which I used before my treatment. Reception staff are maybe a bit over formal but everyone else was very friendly and professional.

I opted for a massage: in a lot of places they faff around and basically just rub some exfoliator and then body oil on you. Here you have a proper massage - my therapist focussed on my back, shoulders and neck (at my request); it was almost painful at times but the results were great. She also gave me tips and advice for the future which was really helpful.

Added to this, the treatment room and relaxation room (where you get to chill out afterwards) had fantastic views over Central Park and the City.

If you are in NYC and really want to treat yourself, you could do a lot worse than visit here.

1  Thank CM123061