“Excellent service & value!”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #114 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The hotel is still undergoing some construction, but The staff more than made up for it. I was traveling for work on valentine's day and shortly after I checked in, I received a complimentary bottle of wine. About 5 minutes later I received a hand written thank you note from the general manager (nice touch). I felt like the room decor was a little tacky and cheap, but the tv & bathroom made up for any of the room's shortcomings. Also the hallway from the elevator to the room was a bit dingy, dark, and cheap. Overall, for the location, value, and friendly staff, I would recommend this hotel. However, next time I'm in NYC, I will probably try a different place just for the variety and to be able to compare.

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed February 19, 2011

As a frequent traveler I must admit this was a pleasant surprise. Especially when you consider it was a Hotwire booking. Excellent location just blocks from Times Square but with none of the street noise and pedestrian madness. Clean room and excelent bathroom facilities. The only knock was a bit of a smell from the A/C which was atributed to a filthy filter.
Typical NY sized room but thrown in a flat screen TV, comfy bed and quality linens and call me a soon to be repeat customer.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2011

A friendly welcome awaited us upon check-in, and we were given a room on the 6th floor. The bathroom was well proportioned with an excellent walk-in shower. The rest of the room was small but very comfortable with a huge plasma TV. Perfect location for exploring the city, with an excellent array of restaurants etc on the doorstep. Work is still in progress to develop the hotel even further, but none of this distracted us from an enjoyable stay. Our only minor niggle would be the bell sound / recorded announcement from the elevator through the night so try and get a room as far away from the lift doors as possible. Customer service from front-desk staff was excellent. We plan to return.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We got a great deal through booking. We found it very nice, well located, clean, new, well designed and friendly stuff. Though 70 dollars for a breakfast is a bit crazy hehehe.
The rooms aren't big but there'snt any new hotel in Manhattan with big rooms, same size than Mandarin Oriental ,, no same views though hehe, the Views are good but not as in Mandarin.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I have just come back from a 3 night stay in the Cassa hotel and I loved it. The Location was perfect just a block away from times square and fifth avenue. Nothing was to much trouble for the staff they were all so helpful and polite. The rooms were a little small but again we were only in the room at night. The Rooms were kept very clean and the bed was so comfortable! The bathroom was very modern with a lovely big shower. Great experience and I would stay in this hotel again. The service people whre real helpfull as well. Got real good recomendations from them!!!! Thanks,

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed at Cassa for 4 nights in January and I don't know if I can say enough good things about it. The location is excellent and within walking distance to almost all tourist attractions; a block from Times Square and the Broadway shows. We also walked to the Museum of Modern Art, Grand Central Station, and Rockefeller Center. The only time we took the subway was to shop or meet up with friends downtown.

The rooms at the hotel are very nice. There's enough room for two people to move around comfortably and the furnishings modern, stylish, and new. It also has the best smelling bath soaps I've ever encountered at a hotel.

Lastly, when I was shopping for hotels in NYC, I kept reading about rude service at all the 4-star hotels. I assumed this was just the New York way and thus I wasn't expecting much in terms of service for this trip. However, everyone at Cassa was very friendly and helpful. There were lot's of personal touches like a thank you card from the manager on our second night, a short list of recommended restaurants and activities under our door every morning, and a special notice about the impending bad weather a few days before a forecasted snow storm. Overall a great stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
cassahotel, Front Office Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Dear Rpstro02,

Many New York boutique hotels have a reputation of being "rude" and not being friendly . We are very happy that the service the Cassa provides contradicts that notion.

We want you to be at home when you are with us .We believe that the consistent and genuine caring for all our guest separates us from the many hotels that a consumer can choose from. This caring allows us to "go above and beyond" for our guests and help fulfill their expectations.

We are so happy that you had a enjoyable stay with us and hope we can always be your home away from home in New York. Please contact us prior to your next visit so we can customize your reservation with any special needs and desires you may have.

Look forward to seeing you again,

Chris Roach
Director of Front Office

Reviewed January 25, 2011

The hotel is situated in the perfect location. Nothing was more than a few blocks walk. The hotel was easily accessible for everything - airport, public transportation, tourist sights, great restaurants, etc.
The customer service is amazing. Spectacular personal service, attention to detail was great. Everyone is extremely professional, helpful, friendly and welcoming. Upon check in, I even got a free room upgrade.
My stay was worth for every penny. Very comfortable bed with luxurious bedding, modern design and furniture, great amenities, luxurious bath and products. The room was virtually free from street noise - I have no idea how that's even possible!
I was completely satisfied and happy with my stay. I don't travel much but if I come back to NYC, I will be staying here again. My friends will definitely be hearing about this one!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo