“Perfect for a quick trip to NYC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #95 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Saskatoon
“Perfect for a quick trip to NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I did a lot of research on where to stay for my first ever trip to NYC. I have to say, I was really happy that I chose Cassa Hotel. It is very close to the Times Square action, without being loud and noisy. The room had great blackout curtains so when we went to bed there was no light coming in from the street. It is within walking distance of many major destinations. We walked to Top of the Rock, Times Square, Central Park, 5th avenue is half a block away. Lots of great shopping, food and sights all around. The room was clean and the air conditioning worked. Wifi IS FREE. The only reason to pay would be if you wanted extra fast wifi for sending large emails etc. The bathrooms are really nice, its not often that I feel comfortable with bare feet in a hotel bathroom. The guy at the front door was awesome, he got us a cab and watched our luggage while we grabbed breakfast on the day we checked out. All in all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
pridguard60763, Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for the inside tips to our Trip Advisor readers who make decisions on feedback such as yours. We are very happy that we made a great impression on your stay especially after all the research you did before picking our hotel.

I am so happy that our decision to ofer free WIFI was also a mentioned bonus and will also share your feedback with the team since positive feedback such as yours really keeps the service levels going by inspiring the team and for that we thank you.

we hope to see you again soon

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Staff were extremely commendable. Always with a smile, helpful, and they actually bothered to remember my name, have parcels sent up to my room as and when they see me along the corridors or at the lobby - v impressive for Americans, i have to say.

The doorman is ALWAYS there to greet us every morning, open the doors, smile and wish us a great day (for 2 mths, mind you). I am from the service industry and i can tell when service is from the heart. And i'm very happy to say the staff at Cassa are so precious!

Location is perfect! 2 streets away from Rockefeller Centre (subway stn), 3 streets away from Bryant Park(another subway stn). One avenue away from Times Square - so you're literally living in times square, but just a lot more peaceful. If you're travelling out during the weekends, Port Authority is within walking distance (2 av, 3 streets away), and so is Penn Station - your link to the airports via train. If travelling from EWR, there is a bus service from the corner of bryant park as well. Very, very convenient.

Cleanliness is impeccable. My only gripe is the free coffee & tea during breakfast. Maybe it's my fault for always heading down so late (10-11am), but it is at that timing when either the coffee or tea is empty. :( But it's not a big problem, there are many Starbucks outlets around the corner.

Oh and just one more thing: Room 34B - the bed is SO damaged. Every little toss or turn you make, the bed squeaks! Time for a change! Everything else is in the room is perfect! Amenities are more than enough for a very comfortable stay. Spacious room, good & working showers, washing machine, TV, microwave, etc.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed at The Cassa Hotel for our honeymoon in April 2014. We arrived and were immediately greeted by someone to take our cases. The reception staff were more then helpful and were quick to check us in to our room.

We stayed on the 17th floor which was ok by us. We didn't have much of a view but we didn't spend enough time in the room to contemplate needing a view. The rooms were clean and tidy and we had an ipod dock and a big tv which is always a plus.

Cassa Hotel is a couple of blocks away from time Square (Less then 5min walk) and within walking distance of central park, 5th avenue and the Hudson river. The perfect location really.

We found that booking the Lincoln Town cabs were better then the Yellow taxi's. Reception also let us call them from their phone. They have a lovely restaurant on sight and free wifi on the 10th floor.

Overall, we were completely satisfied with the price we paid for the hotel and we would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
pridguard60763, Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your recent Cassa review and discovery of the perfect honeymoon destination for you in NYC. We are thrilled our colleagues made such an impact on your stay and your overall experience resonated with you to allow you to post a positive review.
We look forward to welcoming you to our home in the future and making you a Cassa loyalist.

East Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Cassa is a hidden gem. This is my second stay at this hotel in three years and among my best hotel experiences in NYC. By NYC standards, the room size is above average. The hotel and room are well appointed with clean, updated facilities. The hotel is an avenue away from Times Square, so perfect location to enjoy it, but not be in the thick of it. There was one hiccup with our stay that was resolved by hotel staff with care and contrition. Very little street noise. There are some noises within the room that I think are plumbing or HVAC related, so light sleepers might want to bring ear plugs. I see these as minor points compared to so many positives. We'll be back next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Congratulations on your special occassion and thank you so much for the "Hidden Gem" description you posted. I am so happy that you discovered our property and colleagues ability to allow you to feel so welcome. We hope to see you again soon and thanks for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor followers.

Warm Regards,

Winona, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I am truly impressed with my stay at the Cassa Hotel. I greatly appreciate the excellent customer service and fantastic location. I felt like a special guest in my upgraded room and appreciated the microwave added to my room for my dietary needs, I have Celiac Disease and needed an option to prepare Gluten Free foods.

I am already planning my next visit to NYC and will happily stay at the Cassa hotel again.

Thank you VERY much for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Check for specials and book through the hotel for the best rates, even if a lesser rate is found on...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am so happy to here that we made another guest a fan of Cassa and was able to impact your stay in a positive way. We are always looking for ways to ensure our guests experiences are tailored to their needs and reading your testimonial gives us a sense of pride that we got it right!

Thank you for staying with us, sharing your review and we look forward to your next trip.

Warm Regards,

Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I have both been going to NYC yearly for the past 7 years. Stayed here at Cassa for our Honeymoon, and we gave it a 10/10. Absolutely loved everything about it, from the amazing customer service to the cleanliness of the bathroom! Everything worked, everything was clean, no complaints at all. We are definitely staying here next time we come to visit! Thanks Cassa NYC!!!

Room Tip: Any room would be a great time in the city!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
pridguard60763, Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am thrilled that we met you expectations and were able to create a memorable experience for you. We look forward to your return stay and please feel free to reach out to me directly so that we can plan another fantastic trip for you at CASSA!

Warm Regards
Melton Mowbray, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at the Cassa, Hotel and found the stay to be very comfortable and convenient. The location is superb for central Manhattan, literally minutes from Times square and Bryant park and the metro stops. The Room was very well air conditioned and was serviced every day, so was very comfortable to return to at the end of a hot and sticky New York June day. I would have liked tea and coffee facilities in the room, but there was free tea and coffee in the lobby before 11 am each morning. its also steps away from Pret a manger and Duane read who do hot drinks, we were at the back of the hotel, so no view but it was quiet with no road noise and this was perfect for me.
great price on expedia with flights included.

Room Tip: a high up room at the back will be quiet and away from road noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for very much for staying with us and for sharing your tips and insights on your Cassa experience. I am so happy your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you again. I am happy that our complimentary offerrings of coffee and tea were an added bonus to your experience and we will look to further develop our daily offerings.

Warm Regards