“Perfect for our Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast
Ranked #91 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for our Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed at The Cassa Hotel for our honeymoon in April 2014. We arrived and were immediately greeted by someone to take our cases. The reception staff were more then helpful and were quick to check us in to our room.

We stayed on the 17th floor which was ok by us. We didn't have much of a view but we didn't spend enough time in the room to contemplate needing a view. The rooms were clean and tidy and we had an ipod dock and a big tv which is always a plus.

Cassa Hotel is a couple of blocks away from time Square (Less then 5min walk) and within walking distance of central park, 5th avenue and the Hudson river. The perfect location really.

We found that booking the Lincoln Town cabs were better then the Yellow taxi's. Reception also let us call them from their phone. They have a lovely restaurant on sight and free wifi on the 10th floor.

Overall, we were completely satisfied with the price we paid for the hotel and we would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
pridguard60763, Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your recent Cassa review and discovery of the perfect honeymoon destination for you in NYC. We are thrilled our colleagues made such an impact on your stay and your overall experience resonated with you to allow you to post a positive review.
We look forward to welcoming you to our home in the future and making you a Cassa loyalist.

East Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Cassa is a hidden gem. This is my second stay at this hotel in three years and among my best hotel experiences in NYC. By NYC standards, the room size is above average. The hotel and room are well appointed with clean, updated facilities. The hotel is an avenue away from Times Square, so perfect location to enjoy it, but not be in the thick of it. There was one hiccup with our stay that was resolved by hotel staff with care and contrition. Very little street noise. There are some noises within the room that I think are plumbing or HVAC related, so light sleepers might want to bring ear plugs. I see these as minor points compared to so many positives. We'll be back next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Congratulations on your special occassion and thank you so much for the "Hidden Gem" description you posted. I am so happy that you discovered our property and colleagues ability to allow you to feel so welcome. We hope to see you again soon and thanks for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor followers.

Warm Regards,

Winona, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I am truly impressed with my stay at the Cassa Hotel. I greatly appreciate the excellent customer service and fantastic location. I felt like a special guest in my upgraded room and appreciated the microwave added to my room for my dietary needs, I have Celiac Disease and needed an option to prepare Gluten Free foods.

I am already planning my next visit to NYC and will happily stay at the Cassa hotel again.

Thank you VERY much for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Check for specials and book through the hotel for the best rates, even if a lesser rate is found on...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am so happy to here that we made another guest a fan of Cassa and was able to impact your stay in a positive way. We are always looking for ways to ensure our guests experiences are tailored to their needs and reading your testimonial gives us a sense of pride that we got it right!

Thank you for staying with us, sharing your review and we look forward to your next trip.

Warm Regards,

Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I have both been going to NYC yearly for the past 7 years. Stayed here at Cassa for our Honeymoon, and we gave it a 10/10. Absolutely loved everything about it, from the amazing customer service to the cleanliness of the bathroom! Everything worked, everything was clean, no complaints at all. We are definitely staying here next time we come to visit! Thanks Cassa NYC!!!

Room Tip: Any room would be a great time in the city!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
pridguard60763, Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am thrilled that we met you expectations and were able to create a memorable experience for you. We look forward to your return stay and please feel free to reach out to me directly so that we can plan another fantastic trip for you at CASSA!

Melton Mowbray, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at the Cassa, Hotel and found the stay to be very comfortable and convenient. The location is superb for central Manhattan, literally minutes from Times square and Bryant park and the metro stops. The Room was very well air conditioned and was serviced every day, so was very comfortable to return to at the end of a hot and sticky New York June day. I would have liked tea and coffee facilities in the room, but there was free tea and coffee in the lobby before 11 am each morning. its also steps away from Pret a manger and Duane read who do hot drinks, we were at the back of the hotel, so no view but it was quiet with no road noise and this was perfect for me.
great price on expedia with flights included.

Room Tip: a high up room at the back will be quiet and away from road noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for very much for staying with us and for sharing your tips and insights on your Cassa experience. I am so happy your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you again. I am happy that our complimentary offerrings of coffee and tea were an added bonus to your experience and we will look to further develop our daily offerings.

Northport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights due to late nights at work. Try to get a room away from 45th street as it is really noisy. The continental breakfast is really basic and my corporate rate included WIFI (I cannot believe that hotels still charge for that). Very happy with the staff allowing me to check out a day early due to my plans changing at the last minute!

Room Tip: Get a room away from 45th street, it's really noisy!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for posting your most recent experience at Cassa. While I am dissapointed your overall stay was not flawless as most of our Trip Advisors insiders who have posted reviews, your feedback gives us an opportunity to correct the challenges you mentioned for future guests and for this I am very thankful.

It is nice to see that our colleagues are still one of our greatest assets and for your next trip with us please note we currenlty offer complimentary WIFI in our Lounge and are in the process of offering basic WIFI to all guests complimentary for checking emails etc. Our breakfast selections are also in the process of getting re-engineered to offer a larger selection of items from Butter restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you again and trust that you will allow us the chance to show you why our guests have rated us so high in their posts.

Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hotel is nice, staff friendly. Had a minor hiccup when checking in due to our hotel was already paid prior to getting there and once we check in was charged again. It was resolved quickly by there accounting department as they realized the mistake was made. I give all credit to accountant that realized the mistake was made, front desk clerks (morning) had no idea what to do. clueless. Rooms very clean, but small not something that I am use to. The bed are very comfortable. Each time we left for the day housekeeping cleaned the room as well as brought clean linens. That is what I call excellent customer service. The room always smelled so fresh. I love that. Would like to give a big big thank you to Emilo for just being so pleasant and personable. That goes along way when your visiting and have never been to New York before.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business