“One of my faves in NYC”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #109 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great hotel, location is excellent. Rooms are stylish, spacious, clean, comfy bed, large screen TV, lovely rain shower in bathroom.
Friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant BUTTER is in the hotel and it was exceptional.
This was my second stay at Cassa and I plan to stay there again in the near future.

1  Thank Melissa A
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review! So happy that you were able to enjoy your stay as well as dinner at Butter.

Please come back and visit again soon!
CASSA

Write a ReviewReviews (2,245)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Although you would never know that the Cassa Hotel NYC was affiliated to the Viceroy Hotel and Resort Family, The Cassa NYC went beyond the high luxury standards of every hotel that I have stayed at while visiting the Big Apple. Growing up on the east coast, my expectations of a smaller sized room went away when I opened my guestroom door for the first time at the Cassa. The staff from their General Manager down to the front door staff made me feel like I was travelling first class for my entire stay. It is the perfect blend of location, modern guestroom amenities including the softest towels in the history of hotels. I'll be back with my entire family to Cassa NYC on my next adventure back to the east coast.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you Whodat24 for your great review. I appreciate the time you took to post a review.
I certainly hope you welcome you back to the hotel and East Coast very soon.
CASSA

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My stay at Casa got off to a rocky start. Street construction made it nearly impossible to reach the entrance of the hotel. This was frustrating because I spent nearly 45 minutes trying to get close enough to the hotel without having to walk far. However, the manager on staff, Jamal, was extremely accommodating and helpful. He apologized for the situation and helped me have a wonderful and enjoyable stay. I'm definitely staying here again!

Stayed: March 2014
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for staying with us.
I can tell you that street construction might be the most annoying and frustrating thing New Yorkers have to deal with. I am so sorry that you did not avoid this part of our day to day life.

What I am pleased to hear is that you were able to enjoy the hospitality by Jamole Campo. He is truly a joy to have on our team.

GM
CASSA Hotel NY

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great hotel & great location only approx 200 mtrs from Times Square. Stayed there for 7 nights from the 24th Feb 2014. Clean, tidy and efficient. We only had a standard room but it was well furnished, large TV on the wall, hair dryer, iron & fridge all in room. Also easy to get get to from Penn Station, which again is only a 10/15 minute walk. Flew into Newark, Airtran to NJ Transit Station, then train to Penn Station (Manhattan), cost $12.50 per person, better than $80.00 for a cab. Will stay there again on our next visit to NYC.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy the hotel and get here so easily!

We do have larger bed types and if you they are available we do offer a small upgrade fee to get into the larger rooms. Inquire at check in and they might be able to get you a little more space.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,
GM of CASSA Hotel

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I took my girlfriend to see Matilda on broadway and stayed at Cassa hotel NYC. This hotel is great due to the clean and modern look it has. The price was very good for a night in the city so you can't go wrong. The room isn't huge but is more then you need to feel comfortable. It has a nice size bathroom and shower and everything has a real clean look. They have a restaurant called Butter attached that looks real nice. I went around the corner to Duane Reade they have everything you need for cheap. The location couldn't get any better cause its about 2 blocks from Times Square and 3 blocks from the theater district.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

I am so happy you we were able to be part of your romantic NYC weekend away. We are really popular on the weekends due to our proximity to all the theaters… most 2-4 blocks away.

Please come back and see us again soon!
GM of CASSA

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel is a European boutique hotel. If your looking for spacious lobby, large rooms, and lobby bar, this is not your hotel. It's European style, new modern but very skimpy. Staff we're very nice. Room was very small. The restaurant named Butter, was excellent located beneath the hotel. Good location.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I think the work is minimalist not skimpy. We have a small foot print thus not large expansive spaces that ramble on. I think of it as efficient. The benefit is that this allows us to acknowledge every guest that comes and leaves. It is definitely a more intimate lobby.

Thank you for your post.
GM of CASSA NY

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Agree with most of the other reviewers. The location is superior (although the cabbie had a tough time finding it!). Very central to so much. And clean....yes! Immaculate. I was a bit worried it might be loud as the corridors are small and the rooms are close together, but it was very quiet. The view was non existent, but I get that not every side can have a good view. And while the room was pretty small (and I had a jr suite), the bathroom was quite large by comparison. Even the toiletry products are mega sized! And the staff were extremely friends, which is always great. The cons were minor, but given the price of the room, are worth mentioning. Wifi is expensive ($15/day) and was useless for my entire stay. I had better luck with the free wifi on the lounge floor, but not much. The $15/day breakfast is not worth it at all - not with so many other places two or three steps away. Oh, and the room needed more light! Even with every lamp turned on, these old eyes had a hard time seeing. And I agree that the price of water in the room is ridiculous when paying over $300 a night. It's always fun to stay some place new and funky, but I'd check rates before staying again.

2  Thank jbfgator

Thank you so much for your candid and honest review.
We have eliminated the continental breakfast as it was for convenience, but if you cannot do it perfectly, which we were not able to, we got rid of it.

I am concerned about the signal of wifi in your room, we have routers all over the place. I hope you reported this so engineering could try to reset it. Especially if you had to pay for it. We are looking to do a tiered plan this spring where basic is free and streaming will be at a fee.

Thank you again for your review and hope you do choose to stay with us again. Use the BFF code at check luton our site for the best rates for our repeat guests!

Thank you.