“Excellent experience at an awesome location”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #112 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed for a week and totally loved it, felt welcome and the staff responded to all our requests helpfully and professionally. The room as accommodating, the bed was comfortable and the outside noise was blocked out.

Location was fantastic being so close to Times Square and Central Park.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us! So happy that you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!
CASSA

Write a ReviewReviews (2,216)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was traveling with my 7 year old son - we were just visiting the city for the weekend. From check-in to check-out our experience was awesome! We were upgraded to a corner suite when we arrived and the room was perfect! Staff was very friendly and the location could not have been better! Cannot wait to book my next stay at the Cassa!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much! Hope you are back with us in the very near future!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed here for two nights - was upgraded to a bigger room and actually had a decent view. Staff was super nice and friendly.

Shower was amazing - rain shower head is to die for.

My only con was that the walls are a little thin and I could hear the couple next to me, um, enjoying their stay in the city at 4am... :P

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you so much for the post. I too love the shower heads!
I am sorry about the wall situation, but great to hear you were not the only one enjoying their stay ;)

CASSA hotel

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had booked our stay at Cassa on priceline for the Columbus Day weekend. we got a fair rate $250 / night for a hotel close to times square but far enough away you don't get the crowds or the noise. So the positive - location was great, room was clean and the flat screen was good. For the most part service was ok. The couple of issues that were disappointing were we checked in we were given a room with only a double bed. Now I am over 6' tall and would have had my legs hang over the end so we requested another room. Then once in the room we noticed bottle water was $6 each, while ok but I have stayed at 4 stars before that had free bottled water. 2nd, we had used valet parking at $60/day + tax and because of the Columbus day parade the street was closed in front of the hotel. Now we had asked will we be ok to get out? they said you will be fine if you leave by 9..we left at 8am and no we could not leave from the hotel but had to walk to get our car. What made it worse was 15 mins (while I was paying my bill I was told the concierge would help with bags (but instead) I was just shown where the garage was located from the hotel and we had to walk carrying everything (2 blocks). A little disappointing to be sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger bed (no double)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your honest post. I too was subject to the Columbus Day parade and could not get to the parking garage, they had closed the streets extra eartly this year due to higher security issues. This was news to all of us.

As for the other problems please feel to reach out to me directly if you desire.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have stayed at several different hotels in NYC. This was a good experience. Our room was very small but comfortable and nicely furnished. The location was great. Close to Time Square but far enough away from the noise and crowds. The front desk and doormen were wonderful. Everyone made use feel like we were VIP's. This time I travelled with my daughter and we were able to easily access public transit to do our exploring and felt safe walking alone at night.

One small inconvenience was that the lovely shower did not have a ledge to rest your soap or shampoo. I did love the two showerheads .. one rain, and one hand held. The lobby is tiny but no one spends a lot of time there so that was not an issue. There was no place to dine in the hotel but plenty of options very close by. The front desk are happy to make recommendations for you.

Overall, a very nice little boutique hotel. I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us. Happy the two of you had a nice time in our great city!
We are planning on adding the shelves in the shower during our refresh/renovation this Spring.

Thank you again and hope we can have you back with us again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I felt that the Cassa Hotel offered the best hospitality. The front desk was very helpful, knowledgable, and ensured that we were well inforned regarding tours and transportation. This was the best service I have seen in a long time. The hotel was perfectly located and I enjoyed everything about it.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you so much for the great posting.
Very happy you enjoyed your stay!

CASSA
PS I like to think of us "Times Square Adjacent", as we are just enough away from the looky loos but close enough to walk there in 3 minutes...

Reviewed October 14, 2013

While the rooms are on the small side(typical for NYC) the location is great.
Just a few blocks to Times Square but far enough to avoid the crowds.
I stayed in room 1504 which had no view as it Watson the backside of the building but that assure a quiet nights sleep, which can be difficult to find in some NYC hotels.
Very nice staff, modern clean room and a great rate made this hotel an easy recommendation.

The only negative was that one of the two elevators was out of service for most of our stay which caused some long( 4-5 minutes) waits but was not a big problem for us.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor on the back of the building
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review.
I can point out that front of the hotel does not have much of a view either (tall buildings all around us) so you didnt miss much but the front is just as quiet as the back. We have pretty sound proof windows, a true rarity in New York!!