New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #109 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Chicago
“Perfect Stay at a Top-Notch Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was treated to an enjoyable and relaxing experience at the Cassa in NY City. My wife and I had booked the tail-end of her work trip for a two-night stay in Manhattan, and were unsure of where to stay. We are pretty low-maintenance travelers, and value location above all else, followed by noise level, room size, bathroom amenities, and decor. We chose the Cassa based on the high reviews on Trip Advisor and looking back on our stay, the hotel delivered on all fronts.

First off Troy, the General Mgr, was extremely helpful in answering my questions prior to my stay and treating my wife and I like valued guests. The staff too was impeccable with our check-in, answering questions, and any request that we had, in particular Tiffany, Eric, and Henry.

The location of the Cassa is right in the heart of mid-town, close to Grand Central Station and just north of Times Square. Bryant Park is the closest subway stop, which is a 5-8min walk away, and Grand Central about 10min walk. Mid-town is pretty crowded, but the Cassa is tucked-away between 5th and 6th and is a nice escape from the craziness.

We were in a Grand Deluxe size room and were pleased with the size (given NY standards). Nice little desk and lounge chair helped make it seem bigger than just a studio room with a king size bed. The bathroom is by far the highlight when it comes to the room, a modern, clean layout with the topper being the rainfall shower...the wife absolutely loved it. Also to be noted in the room was the flat screen TV with nice cable options, a bose-like sound system, and a mini-fridge where you could store a bottle water or two alongside the usual pay-to-eat items.

Big plus about our room (on the 16th floor) and the Cassa in general, was how quiet it was. Very little street noise and never really heard from any of our neighbors above or adjacent to us. This is key, I'm a light sleeper and any type of noise in the night will wake and keep me up. I slept like a baby at the Cassa.

Heard some negatives reviews about the elevators but they were prompt most every time we called them.

Overall I would highly recommend the Cassa if you're looking for a classy, easy stay while you're in NYC. You'll be treated like an esteem guest and you'll feel rested (from a good night's sleep), clean (from the shower), and ready to take on city!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheWindyCityTraveler
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for the detailed and lengthy review! I think this was the first one I was mentioned in, and was very happy to have been at your disposal. My team here is top notch indeed and looking foward to having you and your wife back again soon. If you ever need anything please let me know!

Troy Pade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pietranera, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

It is located close to Times Square with the benefit of all facilities around (restaurants, theaters, shopping areas, Central Park,...) . We have been staying here for a week in a very quiet and very comfortable room. We really enjoyed to stay there for a visit of New York. We hope to come back in New York and at the same hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back to CASSA in the very near future!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on business and found it to be a great location for navigating the city. Just off Time Square it had lots of places to eat around it. The staff were loverly and welcoming and very helpful. The rooms were compact but nicely appointed. I'd happily stay here again as it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is located just down the way from Times Square, Broadway and all the shopping areas. The room is nice and modern. The staff is impeccable. Very helpful and eager to serve. The lounge is under construction but there was no noise. It's going to be beautiful and a great place to hang. Would totally recommend this hotel!!! Great rate as well!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are all pretty spacious for New York rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for the kind review! We are very excited about Butter to open in the next few weeks. The place looks beautiful!

Please come back soon!

Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm in the city regularly for business. My usual places were booked so stayed here. Really loved it. Will be my first choice in future stays. Clean, comfortable and great location. Restaurant will be opening which will be a plus.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the kind review! We are also very excited for the new restaurant to open. Butter as its called will be ready by the end of the month! Fingers Crossed!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Cassa was perfect for our long wkend in NYC. First, the Times Square location cant be beat. The rooms are sophisticated and peaceful--a great retreat from the nonstop of the city. The service is the best I've ever experienced. The front desk staff, valet, housekeeping--every contact was personal, professional and welcoming. Add helpful and knowledgable and you begin to get the idea. As a tourist in NYC (even though an experienced traveler ) staying at Cassa gave a security or peace of mind: every need was met; every question answered. Enough! We really liked the place!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. We certainly hope to have you back again with us soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

This was my first trip to New York in my life and the staff at Cassa made this an unforgettable trip. This hotel not only met our expectations but went beyond our expectations. The locations was great. The staff Karina, Stephanie ,Alicia and Gregory were the best staff I have encountered in all my travels. Not only were they friendly, but they ever so quick to help us find a great place to eat and fun places to see. Although the weekend was short and I am back to work now I have not stopped talking to anyone who will listen at my job about what a great hotel this was. I definitely will make Cassa my New York Hotel.Thank you again Susan and Anthony

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WOW the best hotel ever! That is quite a title for your to bestow upon us, I am truly humbled.
thank you for singling out Karina, Stephanie ,Alicia and Gregory (maybe Gabriel? as we do not have a Gregory) they are all great assets to the hotel.

Thank you and you are always welcome at the Best Hotel Ever..!!