2,516 results
All reviews times square great location new york pret a manger executive room bryant park good size rockefeller center boutique hotel front desk staff fifth avenue great shower an upgrade few blocks grand central station king bed midtown manhattan
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I still dream about their comfy beds. Do not fear the location - I worried that it would be noisy as it's right in Midtown and I'm a light sleeper - I'm not sure what kind of insulation they have on the windows, but as soon as you're in your room you'll forget how hectic is is outside your window.

From the moment we checked in, to the moment we left (3 nights), every staff member we interacted with (and there were quite a few) was upbeat, kind, and extraordinarily helpful. We left weeks ago, but I still remember Stephanie, Roger, Halka, and Patrick very well. Stephanie was seriously amazing. She mapped out directions to a bar in Brooklyn (complete with printing out the detailed google map of the neighbourhood and advice to avoid a train that is "the worst"), recommended the yummiest affordable brunch one day and snagged us reservations at a restaurant with incredibly short notice the next day. She even emailed me afterwards to make sure we got there ok - who does that?!

We briefly checked out the lounge on the 10th floor and used the free wifi there to check into our flights, and the front desk happily printed our boarding passes and called us a black car for the airport (we asked for a cab, but she advised the black cars were actually cheaper to Newark - great tip!). There was a cute little patio on the 10th floor and drinks for purchase. We went at happy hour and it was affordable for the area (though if you'd like to drink in your room, there is a Duane Reade right around the corner which sells beer which is half the price of TImes Square liquor stores. Front desk brought up ice very quickly).

I booked two rooms here for 3 nights and the Cassa made me look like a rock star to my spouse and the other couple. If only they had known how affordable it was! What a hidden gem - I won't stay anywhere else in NY.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jensyourfriend
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you so much for singling out Stephanie, Roger, Halka, and Patrick as we are very proud of them and happy to have them on our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I will first say that I like nearly everything about Cassa. The staff is incredibly nice and accommodating. The room is spacious especially by New York standards. The bathroom is large, bright and clean and the shower is wonderful. I was located on the inner block so the view was nothing to write home about, but it was quiet.
My big issue was with the extremely soft bed; the softest I have ever slept on. The bed appeared to only have a mattress and a thick and soft upper pad and it made my back bend significantly. I ended up sleeping on the floor as it was more comfortable. As much as I like the rest of the hotel, I would never consider Cassa again because of the bed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Mattresses come in a million forms and firmness. I am sorry that ours did not meet your speciifc requirements.

**Readers, we have Sealy Posturepedic mattresses which a high end quality mattress and a standard in the industry as well as homes around the country. They are also just over 2 years old.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Cassa Hotel NYC is in a great location. Located a couple blocks off Times Square & a few blocks south of Rockefeller Center, it is central to most everything. The staff is the friendliest, helpful hotel staff I have had the pleasure of meeting. They all bent over backwards with anything we needed. They sent a bottle of wine up to our room since my husband told them it was my birthday. Very quiet hotel (except for the Brazilian Festival that was a block away at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday morning! but that wasn't hotel's fault).
Regular rooms are small, but that is to be expected in NYC. The bed is very comfy. No bathtub but shower is quite large. A/C worked great too...as we like to keep our room like an icebox! :)

Room Tip: We were on the 25th floor. Our room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! We hope to have you back again soon!
GM

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have been wanting to stay at Cassa since its opening and finally got the chance - worth the wait!
Check in was quick, efficient and friendly! Elevators are fast - room convieniently right off the elevator. Room is small, no question, but well layed out and bathroom was roomy, (almost more important) the only quirk was no shelf in the shower for stuff. Bed was very comfy, room was spotless, and air conditioner was quiet. There is a room safe, as well!
Had breakfast on the 10th floor terrace - fabulous view and staff - very friendly and helpful without being obtrusive.
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank scelliott

Thank you for finally staying with us! Glad the wait is over. Yes the buider seemed to have overlooked the shlef issue. We will address that when we do a soft renovation in the winter. Shelves are on the list!!

Thank you again.
GM

Reviewed September 9, 2013

New hotel that is reasonably priced in an excellent location. Stayed for both business and family. Clean. Excellent renovations. Hoping the gym and resteraunt which are slated to open in the fall are as good as the rest of the hotel. They do allow you to work out around the corner at a local health club which worked out perfect. Or you are only 12 short blocks to the park for a run!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the review. Butter is slated to open at the end of October and the gym should be back on the 10th floor by the end of the year. Sadly we do not have very much space so the gym will be adequate but not like the sports club we offer a block away. I prefer a real gym to a hotel gym personally.