“Location, Service, Value for money”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #121 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Maitland, Australia
“Location, Service, Value for money”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I stayed in an apartment, not in the hotel rooms.The apartment was awesome, with a seperate king size bedroom for my husband and I. The main lounge had a great kitchen and two murphy beds for our sons. Quite a spacious apartment by New York Standards. The concierge were fantastic, providing great assistance in recommending restaurants, obtaining cheap broadway tickets, arranging transport and giving general advice.
The location is awesome, a couple of blocks to Times Square and a Starbucks right opposite.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review!
Regards,
Troy Pade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

First time in NY. We chose it via booking website. We saw lot of good advices and decided to go there. First of all, location is very noisy... just beside time square. Every night plenty of garbages in the street. It really stinkson the way to the hotel by night. The room was very small even though big tv screen. the bar....mhmhmh there is no real bar but kind of cafetaria... not at the level of a 4 stars hotel. No free wifi, 15 USD per day... come on, we re in the 21st century! finally, but nevertheless, TOO EXPENSIVE , we paid 1200 USD for 5 nights... breakfast not even included...

• Stayed July 2013
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We will have a restaurant in a month or so. Currently we have a temporary space that is used for breakfast. We are in Times Square which is the busiest part of NY so there is noise at every hotel in the area. In NY garbage is left on the street as there are no alleys in the city to hide it. It is rather hideous but sadly it is on every street in the city.

Thank you for trying us.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 2, 2013

First off, the staff here is probably the nicest I've come across in the city. I travel to New York very frequently for work, and stay here whenever possible largely because of them, polite and responsive yet not intrusive. The location is just enough outside of Times Square to avoid the crowds when you want, but convenient to dinner, 5th Ave shopping, shows and beautiful Bryant Park...really anywhere you want go either by foot/car/cab/or subway. With its great location I was even able to get to trendy Williamsburg in 15 minutes.

This was the perfect place for me to stay for work during the week and then for my wife to come visit over the weekend. The room has a desk large enough to get work done, and beds and closet space to accommodate the both of us. It has a cute terrace on the 10th floor that is a great escape if you want to grab a glass of wine or just get some air, and the hotel is small enough that it is easy in easy out when you want to get out on the town. All in all, a great place to stay regardless of your reason for being in New York. Definitely give the place a look next time you come to NYC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Wonderful review, thank you so much! Please do come and stay with us again soon.
St. Barthelemy
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Me & my wife have enjoyed a lot our stay (4 nights ) at "Cassa".
All the staff was very helpful for everything (restaurant reservations, money change, taxis,...)
The room was very clean, quiet and with enough space (compared to many other hotels in New york city).
The location is perfect, one block from times square.
We will go back in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you! So happy you had a great time. Please come back soon!
Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When I'm planning a trip to NY, the first thing I do is check the bedbug registry since the problem is so rampant there. Cassa had no sightings reported, so I proceeded to book this modern hotel near Times Square, where I had a conference. Check in is at 3, and I arrived at 4 and expected to go right to my room. I had to wait. I waited in the 10th floor lounge, which has an outdoor balcony and a bar. That helped assuage my frustration. And the the manager came to get me and offered me free wifi and to comp my drink...The room itself was very clean, had nice furnishings and a super comfy bed, had nice amenities, and was facing the back, which meant a quiet night's stay. So I slept great. Overall, I'd go back if I needed to be in that area. Two items of note: there's no coffeemaker in the room, which I think should be a standard in any hotel room. And the bed was a full size, which is fine for me, but I could have never fit with another person, or if I were bigger.

Room Tip: If you're not used to the hustle and bustle of NY, or aren't a great sleeper, ask for a room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! Very much appreciated. First I am sorry for the wait and gald we got you sorted. 3pm is a general target but if we have large amount of check outs it becomes impossible to get every room done by 3pm no matter how many housekeepers we employ. (industry wide issue) and the day you arrived we had a massive check out of guests past Noon. Hope you can understand the predicament we find ourselves in.

The room you were in was in the standard category with a Full bed. We have Deluxe with Queen and Executive with King. Depending on the length of stay or if one is taller or with another person I would suggest the Deluxe and Executive categories.

Thank you again please let me know when you are coming back so I can look after your booking!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

we stayed in this hotel on our honeymoon august 2012 and it was spectacular.
amazing service at the check in, they even carried our bags up. Such polite staff I havnt seen for a while.. Also the best thing was we had a bottle of wine waiting upstairs in our room.
Great location as well within walking distance to times square and lots of Taxis waiting if required.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Msglam4
Happy Anniversary! So glad that you spent your Honeymoon with us. I look forward to welcoming you back for many many anniversarires to come!

Congratulations!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had never heard of Cassa Hotel until it popped up as an option on one of my biz trips. I was blown away upon checking in...not only due to the fabulous, central location, but also the warmth of the staff, and then, the very modern design and inviting rooms. My only concern is that too many people are going to start discovering what a gem it was and it will be that much harder to get a reservation!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you beachlizard for the great review. As a business oeprator I would love for it to be too hard to get a booking, but if there is ever trouble just reach out and let me know!!