“Tried again, but there could be better options”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #112 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I visit NYC every couple of months and generally stay midtown-ish. This was my second stay at Cassa, and whilst I want to make this my preferred hotel due to location, sadly will need to pass for the following reasons:
Tiny desk, which is not suitable for working at all
Hotels of this type do nowadays offer complimentary internet (sofitel next door)
No room service, and breakfast room always has a strong smell
Lighting not adequate

Having said that, it's very clean and service is very friendly!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank your for candid feedback. I understand your point of view. As we are not for everyone we do very much appreciate your 2 visits to CASSA.

Troy Pade

Write a ReviewReviews (2,212)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My Wife and I had a quick trip to Manhattan planned and opted to stay at Cassa.

The hotel itself is pretty basic but was fine for our needs. As with most NY hotels, the room was small but the bed was excellent and the linens comfortable and fresh. The bathroom was clean and bright.

The room was on the back side of the building, so it was nice and quiet. We heard no noise from either outside or from the adjacent rooms.

Only downsides were; a tabletop ironing board and charging for WiFi in the room (free on the 10th floor lounge).

The staff were very, very hospitable and friendly.

I'll stay here again if/when I head back to Manhattan.

1  Thank MARK R

Thank you for your feedback. I have some suggestions for you and the readers... Make sure to book a room in the Deluxe or higher if there are 2 of you in the rooms. The beds are Kings and Queens. Next time request a regular iron be sent to your room. Half of the rooms have closets that do not accomodate the height of an normal iron board. We have a closet full of them in the housekeeping office. As for the internet, we hope to have some free options other than the lounge at a later date. The fees we incur increase as everyone wants faster speeds so we have to pass it along. We should have something by the end of the year.

Thank you again and please let us know when you are coming back!
Cheers

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Cassa Hotel was the perfect hotel for my boyfriend and I. It was clean and modern. The location was great and the staff was super friendly! I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2013
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you so much! Please come and see us again soon!
Regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a terrific find! Centrally located to everywhere you would ever need to go in Manhattan, and if you need to stray a bit further, the subways are all within a few blocks.

I have to say, even the most basic room is terrific, and very well laid out. Seemed much bigger than comparable rooms in NYC. The beds are absolutely the best beds of any hotel I've ever stayed in, including The Ritz and Four Seasons!

The staff couldn't be more attentive and were polite, friendly and more than accommodating, without feeling fake or overdone. One staff member that stood out above all others, was Abraham at the front desk... He was always cheery and very helpful with whatever we needed. He knew our name after the first night, and always made sure to say hello, and call us by name. It's really a toss up whether the best part of our stay was the bed or Abraham. Who am I kidding? The bed wins, but only by a hair!!! I wish there were higher ratings I could give for both!!!

Thank you to the entire staff at Cassa... We'll definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. We do have the beds for sale if you really wanted one of your own. Also we thank you for pointing out Abraham, he is a great part of our team. He however we are unable to let you have!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms were quiet, clean and well appointed. The beds were comfortable. The staff was helpful and attentive. My only disappointment was the lack of free wifi in the rooms, you have to pay a daily rate or go to the terrace for free access. The terrace servers for breakfast were not super attentive, so make sure you are not in a rush or give them notice if you are. Overall though, the hotel was super convenient and we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the post. We should have our own restaurant very soon! Please come back and see us again.
Regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Cassa Hotel last week. I travel to NY for business quite frequently and the Cassa Hotel caught my eye for the stylish rooms and the great rate for the mid-town location. I was pleasantly surprised by how much larger they were compared to some of the postings. If you travel to NY at all you know that real estate is at a premium, so having a room with more than 100 square feet is luxury. Even tho their rooms state that their smallest is 125 sq ft, i felt as tho the room was much larger. I stayed in a standard room with a full size bed. There was plenty of room to walk around and a great bathroom and shower. The furniture is modern and built for the space so it makes the room feel much larger. I've stayed in several hotels in the area and I've had a hard time walking around some of the beds and even getting in the door with my one suitcase let alone walk without bumping into something. This was a breath of fresh air. I also loved the fact that I had a bit of a view on the 25th floor. Usually any hotel in mid-town looks at another wall of a building or has no view at all.

I was also surprised at how quiet the rooms were. I didn't hear any traffic noise or neighbor noise. I was not awaken in the middle of the night by the sound of the plumbing in the walls, and the cleaning staff were so quiet you didn't know they were working on the floors.

They do have an onsite restaurant that will be functional in the near future called Butter. I look forward to returning to this hotel and sampling the food :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelly F

Thank you so much for the very thourough review! We are also eagerly anticipating the opening of Butter Restaurant here as well. Come back this Fall and give it a try.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

One if the loveliest says in NYC.
Easy central location. Impeccable service.
Great rates.
Modern atmosphere and knowledgable staff.
NYC is a Mecca of Shopping, Nightlife,Theater, and museums. This place is perfectly located.
GM Troy Pade is just the most amazing human being!
Will be back !!!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you so much for the great post and personal mention!!
Please come visit us again soon! I am only human...

Warm Regards