“My first stay in New york”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #121 of 466 Hotels in New York City
PARIS (FRANCE)
“My first stay in New york”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel was choosen because his location : it was a very good choice ! Therefore, we meet a very friendly staff, the room was perfect - although a small place for linen storage. No problem to sleep where as our room was located on the seventh floor, sided on the 45th street. The breakfast... not so expensive ! We recommend Cassa Hotel !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed it. Please come and visit us again soon!

Troy Pade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at the Cassa Hotel New York. The location is perfect for my business there and the staff is extremely friendly and courteous. Both times I felt like I was the first person staying in the room. Very clean with a modern style. I have recommended to my coworkers that this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I have had a couple of coworkers think that the rooms are on the smaller side than what they are use...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Paul S for your review. Yes as with a majority of hotels in NY there are small rooms and there are larger rooms. For those who are not in their rooms much and only need a place to rest their weary heard after a long day of client meetings or sight seeing, then our Standard Rooms are perfect and priced accordingly. But if you are travelling as a couple or with a friend you definitely need to book our Grand Deluxe of Executive King Rooms which have ample space to move about and store all of your purchases from nearby Fifth Avenue!

Thank you for your repeat stays and if you are here on business and there are other from your firm coming to NY perhaps you may qualify for a Corporate Rate. Ask for our Sales Department and they can get you more details!

Cheers,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Cassa Hotel near Times Square in New York City for two nights while on business. The hotel is relatively small, only ten floors, with not much of a lobby to speak of. I had booked an executive room but was upgraded to a junior suite. At the lower rate the Cassa is a good value compared to other nearby accommodations. My room was very comfortable with a king sized bed and a small desk in the sleeping area. There was an entry room with an easy chair and a small couch. The bathroom was generously sized with top end appointments. The staff were all very friendly and decidedly unlike typical New Yorkers. There is a breakfast area and lounge on the tenth floor but I did not visit it. The hotel is a very short walk from Times Square which makes it convenient to business as well as entertainment. There are a plethora of restaurants only a short distance away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank yo so much for the kind review. I would like to correct one false statement in your review, we are 44 stories and the hotel occupies 27 of them. We have 2 set of elevators, one for the rooms on floors 4-10 and another that goes from 11 to 44. The floors 28-44 are for the condos. We have 165 rooms so by comparison we are smaller than the Millenium or Hilton but we are about the same size as the hotels in our neighborhood off of 6th Avenue.

Thank you again for staying with us and the kind review.

Cheers,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 11, 2013

WOW! Henry at the front desk deserves a gold medal and a pay raise. The staff here was incredibly helpful and gracious after a Delta nightmare for my parent's 30th anniversary trip. After planning a trip for years and having Delta single-handedly ruin the first part of it and not willing to do ANYTHING about it - I can't tell you how thankful I am that this hotel made up for an otherwise terrible, heartbreaking day. Having lived in NYC for 4 years before, I called up this hotel (though I've never stayed here before) on behalf of my parents who were out-of-towners stranded last-minute, and told them my story. Henry gave me an upgrade on their room for half off and I booked right away thanks to his kindness. Then, I get a call from my father that there is a champagne bottle in the room for them! THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE - Delta, take a note. That little gesture made their day and I am forever grateful to Henry and Cassa. On top of that, I called the front desk to thank Henry myself, and found out that my parents had declined the upgraded room, but that the staff there gave them the room anyways at the standard rate. Literally brings tears to my eyes after a very painful day of dealing with horrible customer service for a very important trip. I will be sure to stay here next time I come to NYC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful praise of Henry. I am so sorry to hear about Delta and the situation that left your parents stranded, but so happy that we were able to be there in a pinch. I will be sharing this review with everyone at the hotel in our next team meeting. Please feel free to use us again!

Esslingen am Neckar, Germany
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have been for 3 nights in Cassa Hotel in New York. Very nice, clean, very friendly stuff. Only the breakfast is not so super - too expensive. I prefer a simple american breakfast for small money. But that you can get around

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review. When the full restaurant opens there will be more optins to choose from. Please come see us again soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Ours was a business trip enhanced by visiting our entrepreneur son and spending time with good friends. The Cassa Hotel was perfect. It had the charm of a boutique hotel in a central location. Breakfast is available, as well as tapas in the afternoon (a restaurant is under construction). Right across the street is the Cafe Manhattan with a fabulous buffet selection of fresh, hot and cold foods. Of course there are many restaurants in the area and you're quite close to Time Square and Rockefeller Center. The hotel staff were all very friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating. The rooms were clean and quiet. I would definitely recommend the Cassa Hotel to all NYC visitors!

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor. I have nothing to compare it to, but it was very quiet for being in the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hallie G
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for the review. I promise the restauarant is coming soon! We have a final permit we are waiting for and should be serving food in about a month. Thank you and please ceom visit us again very soon!

Warm Regards,
Jackson, New Jersey
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This property is great. Very consistent. I stay here whenever I am in New York. The hotel is beautiful, very comfortable - great comfortable beds! very clean, modern, quite, nice size rooms. The staff on the entire property goes above and beyond. Top notch guest service every time. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us time and time again. I appreciate your loyatly and support.
Please ask for me on your next stay so I can say hello in person.
Warm Regards,