“Good hotel”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #117 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived our room was upgraded so that we had a bigger bed. Check in was very easy and staff were very friendly. When we got up to the room we found that they had left a bottle of red wine for us and a card. My mum had been in touch with the hotel and asked them if they could do anything to make our stay special, hence the wine and upgraded room.

The room was really clean. It wasnt huge, but it was big enough. The bed was huge. The bathroom was a good size with a large shower, which was always warm. There was shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, moisturiser and soap in the bathroom. These were replaced daily. The towels were replaced as often as you wanted as were the bathrobes. There was also a hairdryer in the room. The TV had plenty of channels and was. Good size. We had nice views from our room.

We didnt use the bar other than for an hour or so on our last day when we were waiting for the taxi. It was really chilled out and calming, although i did almost have a heart attack when i paid $5 for a can of lemonade! It did have free wifi though.

The location was great. Literally 5 minute walk from times square, 15minute walk to central park. There is a pret a manger next door and a starbucks down the road.

Check out was at 12 and they kept our luggage for us in a secure place. As we would be traveling to the airport during rush hour, the hotel suggested we booked a taxi for $69, so we did. The taxi was waiting 15 minutes early for us and the hotel took our suitcases to the car for us. We were so glad we booked our taxi as traffic was busy and all other taxis were occupied!

There are 2 things that could have made this hotel reach the 5/5 for us. The first being having a kettle and tea/coffee facilities in the room. The second thing is breakfast. I know they do offer breakfast in the hotel, but the choice was very limited - basically, it was posh breakfast when i wanted american pancakes!

I would highly recommend this hotel and would definately return. You wont be disappointed!

Thank you Cassa!

laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Laupea, thank you for your review. We appreciate the honest feedback. We hope that you are able to visit us again.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The rooms are nice, but small, very small. Everything is white.
It is very clean. The desk was like a TV tray table.
I was there for both business and pleasure.
There is no lounge area nor the gym (not ready).
But . . . the people/staff are extremely nice. With these people, just wish the hotel was better.
I had some problem at the time of checkout.
There was only 1 person at the front desk at 7:45 am.
I had to be in a meeting by 8am.
and need to have my invoice to change the credit card for the last couple of days (the difference between businss credit card and personal).
The receptionist took longer than I need him to.
And at the same time, while trying to get my bill fix, he reach to answer the phone.
I was frustrated.
It was only 1 incident and I don't want this to ruin the kindness of the others.
All in all, the hotel is in central of everything.
So, it is great for just sleeping.

Room Tip: go to the higher floors, otherwise, you will hear the street noise.
1  Thank MarvinaJ
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that you were delayed at check out. We will look into this situation as we usually have 2 people at the desk at 7am. Perhaps one had stepped away to assist another guest.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I just spent a month in an apartment at the Cassa Hotel. The location at W45th and Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue) is a perfect location a block from Times Square. Maybe three blocks from Grand Central Station and two blocks from two subway stations. It is easy access to all of the broadway theaters. Though the apartment wasn't managed by the hotel, the hotel staff could not have been more professional, helpful and friendly. Not only the front desk personnel but also the cleaning and maintenance staff always had a "good morning" or "good evening." There was a genuineness in their actions that made us feel good. They were ready to answer any question and provide informative advice. The clientele is very international, I'm sure it is attributable to the location. Restaurants are close in every direction, and shopping opportunities are unlimited as 5th Avenue is only a block away.

I cannot speak to the hotel accommodations but the location provides easy access to the theater district without the chaos of Times Square. You consider the Cassa and experience its wonderful people and perfect location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael L

Thank you very much for the nice compliment regarding our colleagues, they are our best asset!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great hotel in the heart of mid-town NYC. 2 minute walk to Rock Center, 5 minute walk to Time Square, and 15 minute walk to Central Park. Large clean rooms and I particularly like the large flat screen TV's. Most hotels in the area have much smaller TV's. There's no bath tubs in the bathroom, but the shower area is large. Very friendly front desk, always acknowledges you as you walk by. I travel to NYC often on business and always stay at the Cassa. I found it to be the best in the area after trying all the company preferred hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors. Lower floors facing the street can be noisy....but it is the city.
1  Thank Bos139travel
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review! I agree with you 100%, great location and friendly staff... I look forward to welcoming you back to CASSA soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We got there in March, very cold, I was happy to find an umbrella, so we didn't have to buy one for the days that had bad weather, Great location, the staff was really nice,very helpfu. You feel very comfortable, the rooms are spacious with every thing you need . We enjoyed every day we were there.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Viki I

Thank you for taking the time to post the kind review. I like to think we are like the Boy Scouts, Always Prepared and in NY with the quick changes in the weather, we always are! I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

CASSA hotel

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you need a place to stay near Times Square but don't plan on spending much time there and money isn't a concern, Cassa is perfectly fine. But you can spend the same amount and stay in a less dated hotel with larger rooms and get a better night's sleep.

I paid slightly more for an 'executive room' but I have no idea what that bought me - the room was tiny, and even on the 20th floor the noise from the street was overwhelming and I lived in the city for six years. The rooms are dark and poorly lit. Internet access is a $15/day surcharge as well.

The restaurant is more of a lounge with a couple of overpriced but well presented options - an understandable choice given the tiny size of the kitchen and the proximity to real food nearby.

The staff was very helpful and professional.

If the rates were 20% lower I'd return if I didn't have to spend much time at the hotel. For what Cassa charges, you can do better, or spend only slightly more and stay at a luxury hotel.

1  Thank AdDextra

Thank you for your candid honesty. We appreciate your feedback. As I am sure you know hotels in NY are far from spacious, but I can attest that the Executive room is about 350 sq ft and is quite comfortable for NY standards. Our intro category is about 200 sq ft so the you bought yourself extra space to move around is all. Our official restaurant is due to open shortly, the Terrazza Lounge is something we have created to limit the complaints we had that there we had no food service at all. Frankly it is what it is, a cheerful place to grab breakfast before you head out for the day....or a glass of wine after work.

Maybe try us again when the restaurant opens, otherwise thank you for giving us a try!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel was one of the better ones I have stayed in while in NYC. The location is great, the rooms were clean and roomy by NY standards and the price was not too bad. The bed was comfy and I did not hear any noise during the night. The bathroom was bigger too and modern- no bath tub but the shower head was the rain style one. Overall, I liked everything I saw during my stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shopperhopper

Thank you for the sterling review. It pretty much sums up what we are here at CASSA, gret location, clean, freindly and a great value for NY. Please come see us again soon!