“Convenient location”

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York
Ranked #117 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel is very close to Times Square so it is great for shopping and sightseeing. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Wifi is only available in the lounge on the 10th floor and I found this to be extremely inconvenient. FInally, I was not happy with the manner of some of the front desk staff at the end of my stay. Despite the prime location, I would be hesitant about staying there again.

Room Tip: You might try to choose a floor near the 10th floor since that is the only place where wifi is avail...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
SmithKH, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Hello NorikoF - Thank you for your comments. We are particularly thrilled with our location, as are so many of our guests. And wifi is actually available in all the rooms, at small additional cost. Finally, please email me directly with any other concerns you may have had, especially with any of the staff - I take any such issues quite seriously, and am always working on internal guest-service training. Please do visit us again - I’m confident you’ll see a positive change. Best Wishes - Kevin

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were seeing a show during the week between Christmas and New Year, and searched for a hotel in the theater district that had good ratings and was within our price range. So grateful we found the Cassa. Ratings on this hotel are spot on. Room was a good size, linens were great, bathroom was incredibly clean with a large shower, TV was huge (though we didn't use it much), staff was personable and helpful. Location on W45 was great for us, since our theater was on W46. If you plan on seeing shows, it's perfect. Many theaters only a quick stroll away. Did not take advantage of valet parking, but there was a parking garage around the corner. I loved this hotel and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello MurphyMB - Thank you for your comments. I’m glad that you had such a good experience with us and I hope the show you can to see was good as well. Please stay with us again in the future! Best Wishes - Kevin

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night in December (pre-Christmas) to celebrate a birthday. It was the perfect choice for dinner, a show and barhopping.

- location is great - in midtown but not too hectic (off the main drag) with minimal street noise
- clean rooms with new furnishings and fixtures, and surprisingly spacious for NYC
- bed was incredibly comfortable (we had a king)
- big flat screen that we didn't use but looked great
- not overrun with tourists
- incredibly good value because we got a bloomspot deal for about $270 (regular rate was $400)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello EWandJW. Thank you for staying with us to celebrate your special occasion! I hope you really enjoyed the holiday spirit here - New York City does the season especially well. Please come stay with us again, even if you’re not here for a birthday to celebrate - we’d love to take care of you. Best Wishes - Kevin

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My partner and I stayed here over the Christmas holidays. The location is ideal, however they stay could have been better, much better. The biggest issue was the front desk attitude. We found them most times to be condescending and uncooperative when we called about issues (soap not being refreshed by housekeeping, erroneous charges, TV not working, etc.). Additionally, the walls are paper thin! You can hear everything in the halls and adjoining rooms. Early in the a.m. I heard a cell phone vibrating and it was from the room NEXT door!

Another disappointment was that parts of the hotel were under constrction, which was not indicated on their website. Therefore, no "24/7" fitness center, no restaurant, etc. All in all, location is great, but there are other, more professional boutique hotels in the area!

Room Tip: There is a pret a manger next door with free internet and great coffee!
2  Thank CreateSF
SmithKH, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Hello CreateSF - Thank you for your comments, though I’m certainly sorry to read about the attitude you received from the Front Desk. That is certainly not the norm here. The staff have been informed of your comments and the managers are aware.

The hotel portion is completed, and the near-term launching of our restaurant is mentioned on the website. We do have an agreement with a very close fitness facility while our fitness center is under expansion. I hope you would give us another chance next time you are in NYC to make up the disappointments to your stay, especially once all the upgrades are finished. Please feel free to contact me personally when/if you do, so that we can ensure you have the experience you expect and deserve. Best Wishes - Kevin

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Location was excellent midway between 5th avenue and Times Square.
Room Services were Very Good.
Room size was BELOW Average. I booked an Executive Room for 6 nights and thought i'm going to find the spacious room that suits me and my wife BUT IT WAS A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT.
Storage was TINY.
There was no space for the 2nd or 3rd bag in our executive room.
The biggest disappointment was the experience i had with one of the front Desk employee..When i first arrived to the hotel after a 14 hours trip and was shocked with the size of the Executive Room, I called the front desk and this guy answered me...I asked if this was really an executive room and he answered Yes..I asked for a bigger room and that i am willing to pay for it since i had the feeling i am looking for a favor..He said no availability!!..I asked for any suites in the hotel..He said: I JUST SAID NO AVAILABILITY..ISNT IT?!!!
Final Conclusion : If you are looking for a location with a some how high price go to Cassa..Otherwise, Find another better ones, Believe me there are alot better Hotels with same price (check my other reviews).
I am not coming again to Cassa and not Recommending it to my friends or family.

Room Tip: Try larger than the Executive Room.. size matters
2  Thank aalthekair

Hello aalthekair - Thank you for your comments though I am considerably surprised at what you mentioned happened with the Front Desk. While I admit that we were definitely very busy during the holiday season and therefore had very little to no availability for upgrades, there is never the call for a negative attitude. I have pointed this review out to the Front Desk managers. I hope you will give us another try in the future and please feel free to contact me directly when you do - our goal is ensure that every guest experience meets or exceeds their expectations. Best Wishes - Kevin

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We did a family sisters trip to NYC to celebrate my sister's birthday. We rented 2 rooms for 5 nights. The location is great. The rooms are clean. The front staff has typical, expected NYC attitude. They never smile, and if you ask for something, they act like they are doing you a favor. There is no included breakfast, so we went to Duane Read around the corner to buy snacks and coffee/tea. The maidstaff was very nice and offered to bring us coffee makers and hot water kettles to both rooms. The front desk staff said there wouldn't be a charge, but that they don't always keep it in the room- guests must ask for it. The wifi comes with a charge, but there is free wifi on the 10th floor lounge. The bar at the 10th floor lounge closes at 9pm. On the 2nd night, the coffee glass carafe in my room fell to the ground and shattered because the handle was broken. I had hot boiling coffee all over my legs and luggage. The maids cleaned it up and were nice about it & replaced the coffee maker. But, when I asked the front desk for more coffee, cream, sugar, he was rude to me and said they don't provide that...and that the coffee maker was just something a previous resident left behind. Clearly they have miscommunication within their own staff/team. Also, the heater was broken and they didn't fix it until the 4th night. We were there Christmas weekend and it was very cold, so without the heater, it was very uncomfortable. Stay here if you get a good price and want to be near Times Square, but don't expect anything else.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TVTravelGuru

Hello TVTravelGuru - Looks like we had an issue with staffing for a couple of days. It’s very unusual for me to get this kind of review and I have made a specific point to meet with the managers of the Front Desk about it so we can improve. We have some great upgrades on the way - restaurant and fitness center in particular, along with a full-service bar! We hope to see you again. Best Wishes - Kevin

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Good central location, clean, tidy. Staff efficient, friendly and helpful. Booked a room and received a suite! Comfortable beds, clean room good facilities including an iron and an umbrella! Did not use room service.

Will stay again. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Well, oy55ter, thank you for straight-forward, right-to-the-heart-of-things review! Come back again soon - you’re going to love our new restaurant and fitness center. Best Wishes - Kevin