“Excllent staff, clean hotel in an great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mulberry

Hotel Mulberry
Ranked #188 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Elmira, New York
“Excllent staff, clean hotel in an great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were in the mood for a Saturday & Sunday getaway to NYC to see the sites and our research led us to the Hotel Mulberry. All of the good reviews that they receive are richly deserved. First they're in a great location in the Chinatown & Little Italy area. Very interesting area with great food. Second the staff was extremely polite with great service. We arrived early and they checked our bags for us and offered us the use of the "employees only" restroom. Last, the room was very clean with a great view of Columbus Park and the Freedom Tower. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I used to live in NYC, not too far from the Hotel Mulberry so I've got an attachment to Chinatown and the Lower East Side. But that's not what I chose Hotel Mulberry; I chose it based on room qualities and price. NYC is so full of fleabags on one end and $1,000 a night swank hotels on the other it's really hard to find something in the middle. But that's what Hotel Mulberry does and does well. The Canal Street Subway station is close and you're only 10-15 minutes by cab to most places you'll want to go in NYC so take a former local's advice and stay at the Hotel Mulberry.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a balcony because you will love stepping out and seeing the buildings of...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HuggyBearHonolulu
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

It IS possible to get a beautiful, large hotel room in NYC for under $400. I was attending an event in the Nolita/Tribecca area and had a REALLY hard time finding a place to stay. Little did I know that it was the 5-Borough cycling event on Sunday and every hotel within close distance of Battery Park was booked. I got the last room at Mulberry, room PH1. I laughed when I walked in because it was so amazing. The view over Columbus Park with the new World Trade Center in the background was to die for. The parking garage 4 doors down was very handy. And I especially appreciated the breakfast voucher for the small cafe another 4 doors down in the opposite direction.

It was quiet and comfortable and I loved getting up in the morning, seeing people doing T'ai Chi down in the park. A VERY different NY experience - one definitely worth repeating.

Room Tip: Go for a Penthouse room. PH1 has a wonderful view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank beav
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Mulberry NYC for a 10-night holiday from London. The hotel was perfect- lovely modern room, friendly staff, and great location for exploring the city. Breakfast at Mamas Eatery a few doors down was also good, with very friendly staff. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting NYC.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MrYousi
Windermere, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

... this is it. We needed an affordable, decent hotel with a room that sleeps four and it had to be away from the tourist district (my rule). We usually end up on the Upper West Side, but this time we chose the Mulberry.

The good: the room was spacious and modern, and it offers free wifi. The service was nice. There's a coffee pot in the room, and free coffee (with real cream) in the lobby, plus each day we received two vouchers for breakfast at a coffee shop a couple of doors down. That place is cozy and friendly and clean and has good service and food. The teenagers loved the French toast.

The mixed: the location. My husband and kids loved being so close to Chinatown. We were also extremely close to Little Italy, which meant cannolis on the way home every night. I felt we were far from the subway, though. And what is a bright and nice street by day is nearly deserted at night. I came home alone at about 10 and felt uncomfortable during the couple-of-blocks walk from Canal, although I had no problems.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank RudyLynn
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Mulberry shortly after it opened with my daughter for a mother/daughter weekend. I have to say it was the best hotel I've stayed in in NYC. We had a double room which wasn't super big, but certainly bigger than most in the city. We had a terrace overlooking the park which was fabulous. Nice to watch the neighborhood comings and goings throughout the day.

I loved the neighborhood -- Chinatown with Little Italy a couple of blocks up. We happened to be there during the Feast of SAN GENNARO in September which was kind of dreamy. Lots of food booths and outside eating and neighborhood people. Made us feel like we were part of the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Every floor has 4 rooms I think. We stayed at the 11th floor which gave us a perfect view to the park. Rooms are pretty spacey, good bathroom, tv, AC, free internet and included breakfast that's served at a nearby cafe. Breakfast was actually not to bad. Friendly staff. You can hear the elevator a little bit but it's not disturbing. It's well isolated from noise outside. Beds are very comfortable, but the pillows a bit to big and hard for me. The park outside gives you a little taste of china actually. Located in the middle of china town there's plenty of options for food. Nearby is Soho, little Italy and lower east, all within walking distance. I could definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple