“everything is good, except for the food”
Review of Lychee House

Lychee House
Ranked #4,616 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: NEXT TO SHUN LEE PALACE
Chicago, Illinois
“everything is good, except for the food”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went there for lunch with a friend. All of the staff is very friendly and attentive.
Very large menu, which made me wondering how they would be able to all prepare everything fresh. They have some good deals for lunch.
I got a vegetable spring roll for 3 dollars as a starter and would not have paid a cent for that. One of the worst spring rolls I have ever had. Tasted very greasy - not fresh at all.
Main dish was OK. Chicken tasted good, the vegetable on the side tasted bad. Would have preferred to get more chicken instead of some tasteless vegetable.
Paid $17.10, incl. taxes. So if you don't have high expectations and want something quick and inexpensive for lunch, it might be OK to go there. I won't go back though.

• Visited July 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Decent, but Overpriced”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had reservations, seated promptly, and service was great (Ringo in particular). The food however was not as great - we spent $120 on two entrees, two appetizers, and two drinks. The Grand Marnier shrimp were pretty tasty and the shrimp were huge (2 is not enough, order the 8 piece). Everything else was just average.

Visited July 2013
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Chinese food”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This restaurant was supposed to be a bit different to the normal Chinese restaurants, unfortunately it's not..we expected different, food was average level..choice was not what I expected, I thought there would more Thai choice, three options only...very disappointing, will not be back, and pretty expensive for quality of what we had.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Skip this one.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Food was mediocre at best. But what really made the meal unpleasant was the attitude of the staff. First the host showed obvious displeasure at seating us (we thought we looked pretty normal as we were on our way to the theater). Then the servers acted like they were doing us a favor by waiting on us. The restaurant was almost empty, and now I know why.

• Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Racist staff”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This restaurant was referred to us by our hotel concierge service. My husband and I are African Americans in our early 50s and I have to say that it's been years since we faced such a racist service at a restaurant. From the individual at the door who appeared to be the owner to every single waiter all made us feel that we were not welcome. We were never greeted, spoken to even when the menu was provided, order placed - i even asked our waiter if he could suggest a dish and his response was that he couldn't ,the food delivered, never smiled at or even thanked after we finished our meal. Meanwhile our rude waiter was chatting with other white patrons. I will never go back to this restaurant nor would i recommend it to anyone. As a matter of fact someone needs to go back with a hidden camera and expose these people.

• Visited May 2013