“Great Value Great Location”

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
Ranked #310 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Value Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We just returned from a long weekend in NYC. We stayed here as there was a hotel.com deal for $127.00 a night for a king size bedroom. My husband stayed here for business and said it was nice - not the grand tribeca - but for $127 it was outstanding! What a great room for that price. It was tight quarters: trying to get around the bed was tight and there was no closet (just a small armoire). The bathroom was a full shower and was a very good size. The bed was comfy, the sheets were soft, Real cotton duvet. Showtime included on the TV. We had a nice selection of restaurants and we walked to the village and time square via the High Line park several times. It was a short metro ride from Penn and Port authority (direct on the ACE line get off at Canal). We could have easily walked to lower manhatten. Last stay was in Times Sq with the kids which is a totally different experience so I was glad to stay in a different location in NYC and have a new experience. Would return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mexico2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We pricelined a room here and had a great experience. The room was a normal, small size for NYC but was clean, comfortable, and safe. The bed was wonderful after a long day of NYC walking. We used the front desk and concierge staff several times. Each time they recommended absolutely outstanding places. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank M O
Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Room very small and needed painting (walls very scuffed everywhere) new carpet (carpet worn and stained) and repairs (towel rack kept falling off wall, shade would not go straight up or down, no replacement of towels). Service was extremely slow, front desk staff not very knowledgeable, and billing inaccuracies. Plus elevators very small and very slow. Bed was very comfortable!

Room Tip: We had deluxe king which was suppose to have a view and it faced another building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BonnieC111
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

the hotel location was fantastic since you have easy access to so many train lines. it's also easy walking distance to chinatown, tribeca, and the world trade center sites. the hotel is still on the new side and it was clean. we got a fantastic deal on booking.com which is why we stayed here and we enjoyed our stay. the room is a good size for a manhattan hotel. one negative is that the curtain did not completely block out all the light in the morning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skirtandsupersuit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Terrific value and really nice clean hotel with great views, service, and spacious (for New York) rooms. The club room suffered from some major understocking of breakfast items. Seriously, people were mad as they ran out of everything from food to silverware to chairs. And the attendant said it was normal when asked.

Nevertheless, I'm not one who needs to be spoiled by a club room and the hotel was otherwise a home run. I loved paying about 60% of a midtown room and getting more space and still being very well located. On Canal Street near four different subway lines. Awesome.

$10 for Internet. $65 for SUV parking, no in/out.

Recommended, particularly if the location suits you.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Rahdim M
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've stayed here several times and I've even written a flattering Trip Advisor review. I never could understand the bad reviews I saw on the site until now. My last stay here was bad from beginning to end and even after I left. I'm only hitting the lowest points so I don't have to write an entire book

First the room. I had an 'accessible' room and I have no idea how anyone confined to a wheelchair could ever navigate that room. It was undersized and arranged terribly. The only way I could use the "closet" area was to sit on the bed and then I had to close the door so I could get around it. The bathroom was equally small with zero counter space.

The day after I checked in, I got an email from one of the managers asking how I like my room. I replied that it was barely usable and that my desire to ever stay again was minimal. More than a day later he replied that he was sorry but they were totally booked (they weren't) and that maybe they could help on my next stay.

After I checked out, the valet offered to get me 'one of our cars' as opposed to a taxi for only a few dollars more. What they forgot to mention that it's even more expensive if you care to use a card. I found that out at the airport when it cam time to pay If the bait and switch wasn't enough, then the driver ended up writing himself an additional $10 tip after he dropped me off. I called to let the hotel know "their" driver ripped me off but all I got was voice mail and I never got a return call to acknowledge it.

Then there was the billing. The original credit card charge came through for only 1 night. When I called to question it, the billing people were gone for the week (at 4:00 on Friday) and when I asked to speak to a manager or someone else, I was told that they were "busy with customers and probably didn't have time to talk to me."

So, adding it all up - lousy room, lousy service, zero concern for customers. It all adds up to me never, ever staying here again. Luckily, my company usually offers more than one hotel option so I can choose something else and as a bonus I can always explain my choice by telling this story over and over.

Room Tip: Go for high floors that don't face Canal St and do NOT let them give you an 'accessible'...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Pacorulz
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Pros - Friendly professional staff, great location on Canal street, good eating close by, comfy bed, Wifi in lobby

Cons - traffic on Canal can be crazy for getting around by Taxi

We stayed here last week when we were stranded in NYC because of the ice storm in Toronto. We booked the day we checked in and stayed for two nights. The hotel felt very safe and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed some delicious Italian food nearby and did some shopping on Canal. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to New York.

Room Tip: Some rooms are very small. Ask for a larger one. Not on the second floor either as there are brigh...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple