“Nice place, great location”

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
Ranked #319 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Nice place, great location”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I frequently stay at this hotel when I'm traveling to NYC. It's very convenient and located near the places I need to be while in the city. The thing that sets this hotel apart from others is the quality of the service. I am always pleased with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The only downside is that some rooms face Canal St and are very noisy as a result. All the rooms I've had were very small but not unlike the size of rooms in many NYC hotels.

So far as cost, it's hard to find a better value in NYC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SheratonTribecaDOSM, General Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Sheraton Tribeca! We are fortunate to have a service oriented team and I'm pleased that they have impressed you. Thank you for sharing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Southbury, Connecticut
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The service was excellent. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The rooftop terrace and the concierge services were amazing. The location is convenient. The room was clean with a comfortable bed and nice view. We have stayed here before and will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
WOW! We really appreciate the great feedback. Thank you for your loyalty. Look forward to being your host again in the near future!
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff is unparalleled. We are close to Chinatown and Little Italy. The hotel is lively and sparkling clean. I can't say enough about the staff. Right outside of the Holland Tunnel makes getting back to Newark airport very easy.

• Stayed September 2013
Thanks for the thoughtful feedback. The hotels location is a wonderful starting point to explore the city. Then at the end of the day the staff will ensure your comfort! Come again soon!
Melbourne
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had read the reviews on trip advisor and other booking sites and actually decided to stay at another hotel across the road as it was supposedly 3.5 stars while Sheraton was 3 stars. That was before I stayed at Sheraton. In July when I returned to NY i booked at Sheraton to compare and discovered it should be rated much higher!
My impression of the hotel customer service was excellent. Eddie helped store my bags for a while before check in and he went above and beyond my expectations to store and wrap cold items in that needed to be refrigerated. Thanks Eddie.
My room was nicely presented and had an amazing view across SoHo.
The hotel is in a great location and easily get around as several subway entrances are just out the door.
I will stay here on my next visit for sure!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for giving us a chance! The staff works very hard to take care of all guests! I will share your feedback with Eddie! He's the best. See you soon!
Thank you!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is ok and the location is great, but I booked it because I could get a suite (with a 2-yr-old who goes to bed at 7:30, it's necessary). But when I got to my room I found a single room, not a suite. This is what they call a "suite," the front desk said, and was all that they had.
So here I am, at 8 pm, lying in the dark posting this. No room service and wine for my husband and I - we're being quiet so the kid can sleep.
Otherwise, the hotel is just ok. The room is big for Manhattan, but the furniture is old and tired. It's clean, though, and the staff is nice.
If it weren't for the blatant misrepresentation when I booked the "suite," I'd be fine with this hotel (although I would have stayed elsewhere on this trip).

• Stayed September 2013
We are truly sorry for the confusion regarding the Studio Suite. I'm sorry it wasn't as planned. If you could e-mail me at Lowell@sheratontribeca.com I will work to make it up to you. Also would like to know what site/ channel you booked on so we can review the description to correct any confusion in the future. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank for taking the time to provide the feedback!
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I arrived with my family for a wedding. We were immediately greeted by the bellman David. The staff made me feel very welcome from the beginning to end. I had a request for early check in since I was traveling with my two children and my elderly mother. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and checked us in without hesitation.
My only suggestion will be to have your restaurant open for dinner or more staff at the bar. Brandon was great , but seemed to be too busy without a help.
My big thank you to your manager Yissel Fraterigo for helping us with special requests. We look forward our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013
SheratonTribecaDOSM, General Manager at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
We're pleased that the location and staff were to your liking. The staff will always make the difference. we hope to see you again soon.
Princeton, NJ
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We booked here because it had the best price in the city for a Saturday night (for a room that wasn't a closet). The hotel is oddly situated on Canal Street, which is horribly busy, all the time. The room was very clean and updated, missing a refrigerator though. The staff - from the valet to the front desk - were all really friendly. We've stayed in many NYC hotels over the years, and they were by far the nicest staff - no stuffy, or better-than-you, or rough-talking people here. Truly every person was just that nice. The location puts you close to the 1-2-3 and A-C-E subway, so if you want to get around without using a cab, this is very convenient. We valeted our car and were immediately told to give 45 minutes to get it back; it took only 30, but it was great to be advised of this up front. Even once we were upstairs, we asked for a larger ice bucket and a foam pillow, and received them within 5 minutes with a smile.

I'm rating the Sleep Quality very good. We had a room on the 15th, but I'd imagine that a lower floor may have been noisy, an issue almost anywhere in the city.

For New Yorkers, it's probably a really odd location for this kind of hotel, and for tourists it's not exactly in the center of the action... but if you know what you're doing and how to get there, I couldn't recommend this more highly. I'm giving it an average review for this, as it could be great for some and terrible for others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rugmanjr
Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is a busy NYC street, but so close to the great neighborhoods of SOHO, Tribeca, etc. Glad you had fun.