“Pretty good!”

Ranked #315 of 467 Hotels in New York City
NJ, USA
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I work in lower Manhattan and had a dinner that I knew would go late, so I decided to book a room at the Sheraton. I found the price to be excellent for an NYC hotel (this was on my $) along with being at the north end of Tribeca, which would be convenient to get to work the next morning. I haven't stayed at a Sheraton for years and I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. While the room was small, it was nice, clean, a comfortable bed and most importantly quiet. After making my non-refundable booking I realized it was right on Canal St which can be very loud. However I did not hear any noise from the street below which is much better than you can say about many hotels in NY. There looked to be a nice lounge in the lobby (didn't go in) that still had 15 or so people when I got back at midnight. There was also a Starbucks in the lobby which was ideal for getting coffee and a pastry the next morning. I'd prefer a larger room if I were with my wife, but this hotel perfectly suited my needs for the evening. Good job Sheraton!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rich G
SheratonTribecaDOSM, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Good morning Rich G -

Thank you for the kind words about your recent experience here at the Sheraton Tribeca - appreciate you sharing this information with us! I have sent you a private note with my full contact details - if you do decide to book a weekend visit with your wife, please contact me so that I can personally arrange a surprise or two to ensure you have a wonderful weekend getaway here in Tribeca -

Thanks and hope to welcome you back soon!

Enjoy your day!

Dawn Waters
Director of Sales & Marketing
Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Northford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The General Manager of this hotel, Lowell Beebe-Center is a great guy and has a highly guest-oriented staff! We were greeted with smiles from EVERY member of the staff! The Concierge & Valet Parking employees (wish I could remember their names) couldn't have been more helpful. The woman who hosted the breakfast in the Club Lounge, Jessica, was amazing! Although we got there late and could have been told that they were closing breakfast, she made sure that we had everything we needed and even brought out more for a few guests who arrived after us. She was charming and answered a few questions that we had for planning our day in NYC. Our room was immaculate and we had a nice view of the city. Once we figured out the Subway system, this was a great location to connect anywhere we wanted to go. The room was large for being in NYC. Very comfortable.

Room Tip: Would ask for a room that did not have a connecting door. We had a connecting room - kids were jumpi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi there denisel847-

You are absolutely correct - our GM is a great individual and is a focused motivator to all of us here at the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to our entire team here.

Warmest regards,

Dawn Waters
Director of Sales & Marketing
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very near Canal Street subway so ideal location - and not too far to walk to Chinatown, the Village etc. staff all friendly and happy to help. Stayed in a Club room and its worth paying the extra with inclusive Breakfast and access to the Club Lounge - which has an outdoor seating area with a great view. Lounge also offers free soft drinks/coffee all day and 'snacks' late afternoon. Free access to Internet in the lobby and lounge but you have to pay for Wi-Fi Really comfy bed ! Overall a good stay

Room Tip: Pay extra for a Club room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

This Sheraton hotel is a mini version of most others: small lobby, small bar, small rooms. But the staff was very friendly and the hotel is up to standards. Location is fine, and very close to two subway stations. Public transport connection to JFK is fine if you prefer that over a taxi. I would go again. US$ 200 for a room with two double beds, that's good value in Manhattan.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rogiervanderheide
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had an enjoyable stay. Friendly staff and good service. Rooms not large but were clean and tidy and well presented. Location not the best. Would be more suitable for the younger set, looking for the trendy Soho and Greenwich Village areas.

Room Tip: A good hotel if you are interested in the SoHo, The Village or Chinatown areas. Views not the best...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Micheal R
Paradise
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place was clean and in a great location that was close to the subway and lots of things to do. The staff all sported smiles and offers for assistance, and our room on the 15th floor was immune to noise from the street at night. However, there was quite a lot of noise that could be heard anytime anyone on the floor entered the hall, which included guests returning screaming and crying at 4 am and the maids loudly talking and banging about at 7 am.

All in all, it was a good experience and I would return again for another night. The three stars is because it is a three star hotel and not higher, not because I left dissatisfied.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wwrrkd
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

TriBeCa isn't the swankiest neighborhood in the city but this hotel is a very good value. Having said that Tribeca is far from a bad neighborhood too. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is very friendly. Subways are just a block or so away which makes getting around the city a beeeze. If your unfamiliar withe the subways just use Hop Stop or a similar program to let you know when and where to get on and off. I used Hotwire and got about $30 off the rate on their website.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple