“Thieves! Do NOT stay at this hotel”

Ranked #320 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and left my blazer in the room upon checkout in the morning. I immediately called the front desk and security, asked them to pick up my blazer from the room and wait for my friend to come collect. When my friend showed up in the afternoon, however, the security guy (Dylan) told him that the blazer was picked up by someone else who presented exactly my room number, color of the blazer and what's inside the pocket. If this is not blatant theft, I don't know what is. Furthermore, when I called the duty manager (Michael), he simply said they followed the procedure and there's nothing they could do. Nice job Sheraton - at stealing from your customers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mcpolo1997
SheratonTribecaDOSM, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

mcpolo1997--

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I have sent you a direct message to discuss in greater detail and to assist you with your inquiry.

Dawn Waters
Director of Sales & Marketing

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very good hotel, good service and nice staff. Canal street was a bit noisy, but the hotell was great. Location was good because we walked to down town and Soho. Also the pirs and Sky line was in reach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jon Steinar T

Hi Jon Steinar T-

How wonderful was it read your recent experience at the Sheraton Tribeca!

I have shared this news with our team - we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Warmest wishes for a most enjoyable summer!!

Dawn Waters
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hotel was modern. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Service was great also. We ordered room service a few times and it came up quickly, the prices were reasonable and the food was good. Location is also great, with food outlets located close-by, underground with easy access anywhere in the city and also a few minutes walk from the Broadway Street shopping strip where you can grab some awesome bargains.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simon A
Reviewed June 27, 2013

As one who travels often to NYC - I spend my time exploring the city. I don't spend too much time in hotel rooms. Not one to waste my money of unnecessary luxuries - for Manhattan, I only want a well located, clean room with a comfortable bed, good shower, and clean bathroom. Our room at the Sheraton was near perfect: it was spacious & clean, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was spotless, and the large shower had excellent water temperature & pressure. Also, the location was ideal for a weekend in SoHo - close to the shops, the restaurants, Chinatown, Little Italy, the boardwalk on the west side (Hudson River), and all the other gems one can find downtown. My one complaint was that the wi-fi in the room was poor. Upon check-in, they offered to waive the $9.99/night fee which was understandable since: (1) in my opinion, in 2013, hotels should not charge for wi-fi; and, (2) the weak signal in the room was constantly dropping. Upon check-out they tried to charge us for the wi-fi but when we mentioned that they waived it upon check-in (and that the signal is weak), they quickly waived the fee without incidence. I would certainly return to the hotel for another stay.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms on Canal may be louder than off the street but they offer a great urban, skyline v...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Xmtler
Reviewed June 27, 2013

First time at this Hotel , whole in whole , nice experience, nice rooms although a bit small , nice Bar , good atmosphere ,not too bad Breakfast , the nice surprise was the staff attitude - Very welcoming ,helpful and smiling .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amichai B
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a very good hotel. The location is convenient for Tribeca, the Village and the financial district. What makes it really stand out is the staff. From the check-in folks, to the concierge and ESPECIALLY the head bellman, the staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. In more than 30 years of staying at hotels in the City, this was far and away the best service I have ever experienced.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashby B
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were there for a special weekend and from the moment we entered the hotel until the time we left, the service was first class. The Front Desk staff is welcoming, the bellman are more than willing to help and everywhere we went the staff had a smile.

To make my point about service, while i was standing on my floor waiting for the elevator, I was talking to another couple who were checking out and had their bags in hand. The room attendant walks by and says "come back soon" and then hands each of them a bottle of water for their trip. A small touch with a huge impact.

The hotel is clean and well maintained and the guestrooms have all the amenities you will need to enjoy your NYC stay.

We will be back and we will only stay at the Sheraton Tribeca Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple