“Great Stay”

Ranked #322 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Nantucket
“Great Stay”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great. The staff goes out of their way to make you happy! They upgraded me to the club floor which included free wifi, a full breakfast, snacks in the afternoon, free bottled water and soft drinks/coffee all day. They also sent me a bottle of champaign and a cake for my birthday. The room was clean and comfortable, shower was great. I would defiantly stay here again. I had been a bit concerned about the Canal St address but it was safe and made it easy to buy some cheap pocketbooks : )4

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Ackdiver,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We are glad that you had such a wonderful time on your birthday and that your stay exceeded your expectations. We hope you stay with us again.

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
New Brighton, Minnesota
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was the first time I stayed this far downtown. Not everyone will like it, but it is close to my favorite parts of New York-China Town, Soho Greenwich Village.

The rooms, while not big, were larger than many that I've had in NY. The service was excellent, everyone was very friendly. I even got a hand-written thank you note from the room attendant, Jackie, for leaving a tip.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 was that our room was right across the hall from the elevator and one could hear the people getting on and off- also the street noise was loud on Saturday night until about 1:00 am.

I got the room through Hotwire- I would definitely stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a high room, a bit away from the elevator
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to find some of the real treasures in lower Manhattan. This is perfectly situated, easily accessible to Chinatown and Little Italy. The Club Lounge is great with stunning views. A large informal group of college friends just got together at the hotel and everyone loved it!! Great job!!

Room Tip: Book early and try and look for a AAA rate to save money. Do all you can to get on the Club Level i...
Dear Mark W,

Thank you for your review. One of the many great features about our hotel is the club lounge and it amazing views as well as our convenient location to all there is to do in downtown Manhattan. We are glad you were able to appreciate these things as well and hope you stay with us again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was my first trip to NYC and I did enjoy the area where the hotel was located and it's access to subway was pretty close.

The hotel room was designed exceptionally well with all the amenities I'd want in a hotel room! One of the key metrics for me is clean room and the Sheraton gets a 5/5 there! The room is well appointed and the bed was super comfortable plus the hotel staff were super efficient and friendly with all interactions!

The only downside I'd suggest was the room was one of the smallest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in with the exception of a trip to Hong Kong!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ottawop,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are glad you had a positive experience and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Braganca Paulista, SP
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I loved staying at this hotel, it is just a very confortable hotel, with great services, a Starbucks inside, also a bar for happy hour drinks in the lobby. The location is great for travelers who wish to be away from the busy Times Square and hang around SOHO, that's the reason I chose this place, and was very pleased with my choice. Bad news is that there's no free wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby, and breakfast is not included, but that's kind of common for NY City right?

Room Tip: Great room with adjacent room for friends...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Tribeca over the Presidents Day long weekend. I got the reservation through the name-your-own-price feature on Priceline.

I was impressed by the great customer service. The staff were all very friendly. I really appreciated that the management followed up by emailing me after I requested my room to be cleaned but had accidentally left the do not disturb sign on the door. It was really above and beyond what they needed to do.

The location is also quite convenient. There are tons of restaurants and bars in the immediate Tribeca and Chinatown areas. It is also a short walk to the A, C, E, 1, N, R, Q and 6 lines.

The are a little small, even for New York. But, they appear to be recently renovated and very clean. The bed was quite comfortable. The single king room I had, though, did not have a tub, just a shower stall. Also, my room did not have a refrigerator.

All in all, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear govt_traveler,

We appreciate you taking the time to outline all the positive experiences you had during your stay.
We hope to have you stay with us again.

Abtwil, Switzerland
Reviewed February 19, 2013

As a frequent guest of the SPG group worldwide I have become a bit sensitive about level acknowledgement and basic treatment. As I checked in on Saturday past I asked what kind of room would be given to me, since there was zero status recognition at the front desk. I was assured that I was getting the best room on hand...that basic (!) room just happened to be on the 9th floor, no view and exactly across from the elevators! As a platinum member I decided NOT to accept that room and went back to the front desk to hear that there were just "too many platinum members (!!!)" and no upgrades were possible. I enquired about a room away from the elevators and was made to to wait another 30 mins. (!) ,without as much as a complimentary drink or apology. I got another basic room, no. 1514. I checked on the net and saw that at least the patio rooms were available, but not offered! At that point I was upset enough to decide that this property would be added to my NYC-SPG blacklist! There was absolutely no reason for me to reconsider this hotel, save Corey the concierge and the lady that checked me out yesterday morning and seemed to care whether I had a good stay or not! To add on to this my wife realised that she had left her flat iron in the room, that had still not been given to lost and found. We called, spoke to Kevin and were informed that should it turn up, the shipping/mail cost to Harlem would be debited to my credit card on file....how helpful...cannot account for it, but ready to bill it!

1 Thank RuediAbtwil_Schweiz
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear RuediAbtwil_Schweiz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the feedback regarding your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the perception created. We do value our loyal SPG guests very much. On the occasion that we are limited with true upgrades we should be offering some type of choice (room with a view, quiet room, etc). Additionally, we should have recognized your concern and taken steps to resolve. We will review your feedback with the team and learn from it. Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels. We hope to be your host again in the near future.