“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #314 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I loved staying at this hotel, it is just a very confortable hotel, with great services, a Starbucks inside, also a bar for happy hour drinks in the lobby. The location is great for travelers who wish to be away from the busy Times Square and hang around SOHO, that's the reason I chose this place, and was very pleased with my choice. Bad news is that there's no free wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby, and breakfast is not included, but that's kind of common for NY City right?

Room Tip: Great room with adjacent room for friends...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Tribeca over the Presidents Day long weekend. I got the reservation through the name-your-own-price feature on Priceline.

I was impressed by the great customer service. The staff were all very friendly. I really appreciated that the management followed up by emailing me after I requested my room to be cleaned but had accidentally left the do not disturb sign on the door. It was really above and beyond what they needed to do.

The location is also quite convenient. There are tons of restaurants and bars in the immediate Tribeca and Chinatown areas. It is also a short walk to the A, C, E, 1, N, R, Q and 6 lines.

The are a little small, even for New York. But, they appear to be recently renovated and very clean. The bed was quite comfortable. The single king room I had, though, did not have a tub, just a shower stall. Also, my room did not have a refrigerator.

All in all, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear govt_traveler,

We appreciate you taking the time to outline all the positive experiences you had during your stay.
We hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

As a frequent guest of the SPG group worldwide I have become a bit sensitive about level acknowledgement and basic treatment. As I checked in on Saturday past I asked what kind of room would be given to me, since there was zero status recognition at the front desk. I was assured that I was getting the best room on hand...that basic (!) room just happened to be on the 9th floor, no view and exactly across from the elevators! As a platinum member I decided NOT to accept that room and went back to the front desk to hear that there were just "too many platinum members (!!!)" and no upgrades were possible. I enquired about a room away from the elevators and was made to to wait another 30 mins. (!) ,without as much as a complimentary drink or apology. I got another basic room, no. 1514. I checked on the net and saw that at least the patio rooms were available, but not offered! At that point I was upset enough to decide that this property would be added to my NYC-SPG blacklist! There was absolutely no reason for me to reconsider this hotel, save Corey the concierge and the lady that checked me out yesterday morning and seemed to care whether I had a good stay or not! To add on to this my wife realised that she had left her flat iron in the room, that had still not been given to lost and found. We called, spoke to Kevin and were informed that should it turn up, the shipping/mail cost to Harlem would be debited to my credit card on file....how helpful...cannot account for it, but ready to bill it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RuediAbtwil_Schweiz
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear RuediAbtwil_Schweiz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the feedback regarding your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the perception created. We do value our loyal SPG guests very much. On the occasion that we are limited with true upgrades we should be offering some type of choice (room with a view, quiet room, etc). Additionally, we should have recognized your concern and taken steps to resolve. We will review your feedback with the team and learn from it. Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels. We hope to be your host again in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We did not stay at this hotel but had a very disappointing experience while trying to, thanks to the night manager, James. After missing the last train back to LI and not being able to get a friend's car out of a closed parking lot, we found ourselves searching for a hotel room at 2am. James reported there being no rooms available, refused to let us use the bathroom until we begged, offered a room at a ridiculously inflated rate 20 minutes later as we pondered our misfortune, rescinded that offer when we refused that rate, and then instructed his staff to stop looking on the computer for alternative lodging options. No one wore name tags, so we did a little research today to find out but perhaps this is the mentality of this Starwood location- no need to be helpful, honest or accountable. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 57alisonm

Dear 57alisonm,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor perception that was created during the morning of 2/17. I will follow up with the departments involved to review the events. Steps will be taken to make sure no one feels this way again. This is certainly not the norm, nor is it how we want anyone to perceive us. No excuses, we should have been able to create a better impression. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We love SoHo and needed a weekend getaway. We booked this hotel via Priceline and was nervous bc it was the lowest amount we ever paid for a NYC hotel. We read the reviews and felt good about it. When we got there (during a blizzard) the staff was extremely happy & helpful. The check in area and lobby were basic but very clean and likable. There was a business center in the lobby that had free computer use and free wifi. The bar looked very nice but we did not use it. The room was perfect for what we needed. I am used to NYC smaller rooms and I felt this was bigger than most. They were very clean. The bed was super comfy. I appreciated the blizzard views from the huge windows. It was a very quiet hotel with no sound coming from the room above or the hallways. We had to stay an extra night bc the roads to get back home were closed due to the blizzard. A simple call to the front desk fixed that with another reasonable rate.

As far as location goes it was great. Greenwich Village, China Town, Little Italy and all the SoHo boutiques all within walking distance. Perfect access to subways right on Canal with an easy ride to the Flatiron District. Plenty place ps to shop, eat , drink and be merry. I think the price along with the great location will mean more overnights in Soho in the very near future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FanaticalFrog
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear FanaticalFrog,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Despite the blizzard, I am glad you received a warm welcome from our staff that your accommodations met your expectations. We hope that you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a room on the 18th floor, which looked towards the west. We had nice Hudson River views and could watch the traffic landing at Newark pretty easily. The location was nice for access to the stores and restaurants around downtown, including some places we went like "Blue Note" and "Comedy Cellar". Also highly recommended nearby is the International Culinary Institute.

The hotel itself has a small lobby, but it is functional with a bar and Starbucks. There is a deli next door if you want a bagel for brekkie.

The room is a tight squeeze. But it is functional. The bed was extremely comfortable. There was a safe in the room, and the shower had ok pressure. However, it was only and overhead with no handheld.

The staff was very helpful and very nice and we did not experience any problems. But a friend staying at the hotel around the same time did. Also, note that the rooms are cleaned late in the day, so if you are in and out, you may not see your bed made until much later.

The price of the hotel (a prepay off the Sheraton website) could not be beat. And for the overall value, it was quite a pleasant stay. We stayed for a whole week.

Room Tip: A high floor would be quieter and offer some views. We had 1812, which was a good, if only small, r...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and upgraded to the club level. The view was nothing to speak of, but the too was nice. We did stay there 4 nights and had to request our room to be straightened 2 of those nights and the last day we got to the end of the toilet paper roll with no replacement in sight. The staff was great, very friendly, but all the advice we got from the concierge and doormen was bad so don't ask for food, attraction, or transfer advice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Yvette H,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Although we are glad that your overall stay was positive, we were disappointed to hear of your concerns regarding your housekeeping needs. I will ensure that the Director of Housekeeping is aware of the situation.