“Great location !”

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
Ranked #317 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great location and very accommodating staff. Dog friendly.
Rooms are spacious and clean, nice property. Valet parking,
coffee maker in room. Free Wi-Fi in lobby & Starbucks coffee.
Definitely recommend !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank macignal

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just did a girls trip to NYC and really enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton Tribeca. Our room with double beds was more spacious than what I've come to expect from most NYC hotels, very clean with super comfy beds and pillows, floor to ceiling window which helps in smaller spaces, didn't hear noises from other rooms and when you put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign, housekeeping will not be knocking in early a.m. Great location to just head out the door and explore, a few minutes to Chinatown, Little Italy, Greenwich Village & SoHo-barely scratched the surface of the surrounding area in 3 days. Subway station is very close so easy to access and convenient to hotel. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank pugnut
Reviewed January 6, 2013

nice size room, clean, very good bathroom. great location- 1 block to subway. walked all around tribeca, soho, little italy, chinatown which is easy to do in 1 day from this location. excellent staff, helpful concierge. internet costs but free in lobby- lots of computers and a starbucks. concierge level breakfast worth it. ate in the area, just like a local, and took subway to midtown.

Room Tip: ask for high level. great views uptown
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BILLandDD
Reviewed January 6, 2013

good location, near to my favorite places at NYC, soho, Tribeca and west village, must visit meatpacking and chelsea. recomend this hotel because of relative fair cost and locazation.
need to have free internet at rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank anapauladra
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Tribeca during a post-Christmas getaway this winter. The hotel is newly remodeled and nicely appointed. The location is fantastic, being just a couple blocks away from great restaurants in Tribeca and great shopping in Soho. The hotel room was small by most standards, but for Manhattan it seemed luxuriously large. Our room was right by the elevator, and we were worried about the noise, but it didn't seem to be too big of a problem. My only complaint was that the air conditioning seemed to kick on when you lowered the temperature in the room. Had this been July, I would have understood, but this was January.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Booked a night for a Saturday and unfortunately got the flu. I attempted to cancel 36 hours prior to check -n. Somehow I was booked (unbeknownst to me) in a non-refundable room (I thought that only happened with airfare?). I called a plead my case to the staff and I was told no. It wasn't a 'very sorry' type of no. It was "this is your fault because you booked a non-refundable room'. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and I have never encountered a more unfriendly or stranger hotel situation EVER. I am honestly shocked by the whole experience.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The TriBeCa area is described as "lively and bohemian" which I now know is estate agent speak for an area which is noisy and where drugs and knock off goods can be purchased freely on any street corner. During my walk from the Canal Street subway station to the hotel (approx 5 minutes dragging a large suitcase) I lost count of the number of times I was approached with the word "Rolex?" There were either 10 guys or just the same guy going round and round in a scene reminiscent of the Bagpuss chocolate biscuit factory (Brits in their mid thirties should get this reference).

The hotel itself is fairly new and the room was nice if somewhat small, but then that's New York for you. I was quite disappointed with the toiletry haul - only shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser and soap. No sewing kit or bonnet de douche as Del Boy might say. After all, a girl can never have too many shoe sponges.

The room I was in (210) was fairly noisy, being positioned next to the lift, and from the sounds of it, directly above the set of Jumanji. The jungle drum noises I heard between 8 and 9pm were either over enthusiastic workmen, or a couple with a lot of stamina - if that's the case then sir, I salute you. Between 9pm and 2am I was treated to the sound of the lift doors opening and closing sporadically and several conversations held in loud American voices. A special thanks to the man who thought 1.30am was an appropriate time to have a chat with his mates directly outside my door. His review may mention the wild haired harridan who threw open the door demanding he keep his voice down.

Quick note to new couples on a romantic getaway - the double door to the bathroom has a large gap in it which could let unwanted smells and sounds filter through - not ideal on a first minibreak together. Also there was no bath in my room which was slightly disappointing, having been washed onto some coral the week before in the Caribbean I was hoping to soak my wounds.

However, overall the hotel was nice, the staff were helpful, room service was good although I made the mistake in my post US Immigration shell shock of tipping twice on room service as I didn't check whether tip was already included.

• Stayed: January 2013