“Good comfortable rooms and facilities” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
Ranked #310 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Good comfortable rooms and facilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We used this hotel before and after an Eastern Discovery Tour in America. The first night we were in a room overlooking the financial district with fabulous views, on our return we were put in a smaller room at the side of the hotel next to an office building - not so good. There is an excellent coffee bar and comfortable lounge/bar area, also internet facilities in the reception area. Did not eat in the restaurant which looked a bit deserted. The reception and portering staff were very helpful. Not the best of locations if you want to visit the miain attractions (Midtown) but perhaps a little quieter.

Room Tip: ask or one at the front of the hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here on the first and returned on the last night of a Virgin East Coast tour of USA and Canada. Had booked two beds in the same room since travelling with my 19 year but they had allocated only one. Spoke to the same receptionist on both occasions and was left feeling she was doing me a favour by getting a more appropriate room. Her body language and tone of voice was rather awful and she informed that next time I stayed there I needed to book properly. Given Virgin holidays organised the tour I explained this was their responsibility. That said I won't be staying there again.
The room was comfortable and great views of the city. Conveniently located. Just a pity about the receptionist - must have got her on her worst two days hence low scoring.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
South Riding, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here on a recent business trip to NYC. I was going to an office in the Wall Street area of downtown, but this was a reasonably priced hotel not too far away. About a 20 min quick walk to where I was going, or a brief cab ride. I got my room on a bargain website, and got a good price for the room. However, there were some things I wasn't super happy about.

The room itself was very small... A queen bed + a few feet around each side to get by, a small wardrobe and an average sized bathroom. Small was not unexpected, but it was well appointed (modern furniture, fixtures and TV). Although it was generally a clean room, there were some concerns which I didn't love. I found a few hairs not just on the bed, but also in the bathroom vanity and bathtub. Not huge, but I'm detail oriented and it's little things like that which annoy me. ("If they didn't catch this hair in the sink, what else didn't they catch??")

The lobby is not huge, but nice and modern. The front door however is completely invisible unless you're standing next to it. I was getting dropped off by a cab from the airport and the driver wasn't even certain the hotel was there. Looking down the street, you can't see any Sheraton signs, banners, flags, etc. until you're right at the building. Not a big deal, but just so you know. In my brief stay, I didn't do a lot of exploring... but I didn't notice too many local restaurants or convenience stores within earshot of the entrance, as I'm accustomed to seeing in NYC. Maybe they were right around the corner?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank kevinchin5
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Tribeca for two nights this past weekend, using my Preferred Planner points. The hotel was conveniently located on the same block as the ACE subway line. I personally do not like Canal Street so the immediate area around the hotel was unappealing to me. However, we were in a good location to catch the subway anywhere we wanted, and if you just walk across Canal St. you are in SOHO. It's also about a 10 minute walk to Little Italy. The bed was comfortable and the room was a decent size with a very nice shower. Our room was directly across from the elevator,though, so we got very little sleep Saturday night between people standing outside our door talking and the sirens from ambulances going all night. Bring your ear plugs! The lobby was small and unimpressive but had a little kiosk with coffee/snacks which we did not use but seemed convenient. Since this was a free stay for us I enjoyed the stay, but I am not sure I would pay to stay. It was a good hotel, just not luxurious or grand in anyway. But it was comfortable and clean, which is all you really need!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room AWAY from the elevator!
Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClaireE586
Montross Va.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

This room, by Manhattan standards, was spacious. It was clean and comfortable. Nice bar area and good breakfast. We enjoyed our stay. Easy access via Holland Tunnel. Good restaurants nearby. Price was comparable to other area hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple