“Incredible”

Ranked #320 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Incredible”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Had no idea how fabulous this location is! Everything is in walking distant, even on a cold winter day! Tons of great restaurants and bars nearby. Was here for a wedding and the hotel staff was extremely accommodating and the price was great for the TriBeCa area. Great for all people!!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Temsumbum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
La Condamine, Monaco
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Used it as a crash pad after a night out with my best friend. Good quality, room was on the small side, but I paid a very competitive price, it was like new, very clean, very easy check-in and check-out, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank GRIJNS
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Positives: Clean hotel and no bed bugs! This hotel has a great location and helpful reception staff. We got a good deal on booking.com. Rooms were pretty spacious compared to other hotels in Manhattan. Negatives: hidden charges were a nasty surprise at check out, and the cleaning staff were rather aggressive asking for tips. Parking is a ripoff - we did it one night and then managed to find free parking in Manhattan! Maybe we were just lucky, but parking was definitely not as hard to figure out as in other major cities.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank tatty_gee
Chester, VA
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is a very nice hotel with reasonable rates (for New York) and within walking distance (about one mile) to Wall St. and 9/11 Memorial. The hotel is new, so the rooms are relatively large, clean and modern. Platinum members get access to the club lounge which has a good breakfast and fair hors dourves. The location is nice too - with lots of souvenir shops/vendors. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Love2TravelVA
San Francisco
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I had a family crisis and needed to cancel our Christmastime trip the evening before it was to start. I called Sheraton central, was told it was less than 24 hours before arrival so they couldn't give a refund, but in the morning I should call the hotel directly. So I did -- NO HELP WHATSOEVER. No, they couldn't refund me anything at all. No, they couldn't apply it to a future stay instead. I spent my $300 and lost it.

I know I was looking for an exception to a rule I'd agreed to up-front... but not even credit towards a future stay? If their argument is that they couldn't give the room to someone else that night, it's true, but that only means they lost their profit -- they didn't have to provide any service, make any beds, leave any shampoo bottles. I wasn't even refunded the high NYC taxes on the stay we didn't have.

It seems telling that the person who "handled" my situation (i.e. blew it off) was the "Director of Revenue", not somebody focusing on customer satisfaction. Call me 0% satisfied. When we finally take that postponed NYC trip in a couple more weeks, why on earth would I choose the Sheraton? The chain has lost my business forever over one day's inflexibility.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MartySF
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I stayed on a Friday night here with my boyfriend for a quick getaway. The hotel is what you expect from a Sheraton which is clean with a friendly staff. The beds are extremely comfortable. I paid a little more for a city view but it wasn't worth it. Parking is $55.00, so I opted to park on the street for free. If you are staying on the weekend you can pretty much park after 6:00pm or 7:00 pm for free.

Our keys didn't work for our room when we got in at 2:00 am. It took awhile for someone from the front desk to get up to our room to let us in.

I liked that there was 45 minutes of free internet acces since most hotels charge for this.

The location of the hotel is the very tip of Tribeca and therefore, very close to SoHo. It is a good location for someoen looking to walk and exlpore the city.

Overall descent stay.

I like that you are given 45 minutes of free internet access.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lore G
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Sheraton Tribeca was referred to us by a former New York resident. It was exactly as described. Peaceful hotel on Canal Street without all the hustle and bustle of Times Square etc. Multiple subway stops convenient and accessible. The hotel is very friendly, very professional. The rooms are smaller but this is NYC. An excellent buy in our opinion. We will stay here again for sure! 24 hour bagel/deli shop next door had some of best sandwhiches in town! Bed was comfortable, be sure to spend the extra $$$ for the skyline view as it's beautiful to look out any time of day!

Room Tip: Skylineview is a must!