4 of us stayed at the Nitai C1 suite in early October. I was initially scared by a bad review written in August 2012. Well, let me just say that my fears where put to rest as soon as I walked into the room. It was exactly as photographed without exposed pipes or anything falling off the walls as the previous review stated.
-location! Near the F, 6 trains, near tons of wonderful restaurants and walking distance to everything
-very helpful staff. They helped us with luggage up the stairs & brought us new towels, bedding & supplies as soon as we asked.
- roof top view and seating. Very New York.
- Be ready for a 3 floor walk up. Great for those calfs.
- 10 min walk to main location to leave bags for storage. It's not too bad though & I recommend stopping at Wafels & Dinges on your way.
- Don't sit on the bench & smile at the Hell's Angels next door. Makes for good photo ops and they are quite nice really.
- Noisy if in bed next to window but this IS NYC so Welcome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary NYC Retreats was established by a group of health, eco, and spiritually conscientious travelers. They came together with two ideas in mind: To provide other travelers with a peaceful, retreat-like stay in NYC and to create an opportunity to give back to our community. Each suite at Sanctuary features a fully equipped kitchen and a flat-screen cable TV. The suites are decorated in warm colors and Indian folk art. Select rooms have a sofa bed and private patio. Complimentary continental breakfast is offered Monday-Friday only. The Lower East Side is the oldest neighborhood in New York City and presently one of the most fashionable in Manhattan. Once the home for working-class European immigrants, the LES has become one of the trendiest areas in the city full of cool boutique hotels, bars, restaurants, yoga studios, fashion stores, health food stores, art galleries and live music venues. Iconic artists like Marlon Brando, Robert DeNiro, Lou Reed and Leonard Cohen used to live on our street and countless movies and TV shows are filmed around throughout the year. Just blocks away is the Delancey/Essex Subway Station and a quick train ride to Midtown (Union Square, Flatiron District, Empire State Building, Times Square and Central Park) or Brooklyn (Williamsburg, DUMBO). A few minutes walking and you can be anywhere Downtown: East Village, SoHo, West Village, Little Italy, Chinatown and East River Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Sanctuary NYC Retreats reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Guest Hotel New York City