“5 Nights in New York, an awesome experience.”

Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #24 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Oslo, Norway
“5 Nights in New York, an awesome experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

My daughter and I just stayed 5 nights at Langham and it was just fabulous. This was our first trip to New York, and we picked the hotel after reading the great reviews onn Tripadvisor. We where not dissappointet.
This was a surprise trip for my daughters 18th birthday, and when we arrived Derek, the PA had arranged for a cake, which was a really nice gesture. We had a large room with a super view of the Empire State building, and it was very clean and beautiful. The staff where all very friendly and helfull. We don't remember all the names, but a special thanks to Derek and Dennis at the concierge desk and the doormen John and Dwayne, and the lovely housekeeping staff.
We where lucky enough to make use of the hotel car, and it was our first time in a Maserati. Not a bad way to get to a restaurant.
The purpose of our trip was both shopping and sightseeing, and the location of the hotel is just great for doing both. I'm sure we'll go back to New York again, and when we do we will stay at Langham.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so honored that you and your daughter chose to stay with us on your very first trip to New York.

I will pass your compliments onto our colleagues Derek, Dennis, John and Dwayne, all of whom were thrilled to be of service to you during your visit. I hope your daughter had a very happy and memorable birthday.

Thank you again for your business. I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you again should your travels brings you back to New York.

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 16 nights! To be honest I've never stayed in one place for more than 10 nights, so for us this was a loooong stay. I booked this hotel because of certain features I thought would be suitable for us, it included a washing machine & dryer, it had a small kitchen, a bar area to eat and a separate lounge were the sofa can be converted to a bed. I was somewhat disappointed when I saw the room and there was no bar area to eat in, there was no room to actually prepare in the kitchen and there was no pantry or small cupboard or any area to put your food in. It wasn't a functioning kitchen, did I mention we were here for 16 nights? I mentioned my issues to the front desk about the room on day 2 but being the weekend they couldn't move us. I asked again on day 3, repeating my issues again to reception, they answered with yes we are looking into it and yes we'll move you soon. Then nothing else was done, no one spoke to us again, nothing was resolved. I really didn't want to waste my holiday talking to reception repeating myself over and over again. So the hotel did nothing, not even I'm sorry we can't help you, so we were left to think that they didn't really care, mind you we booked a suite and not just a room costing us $1000 a night, did I mention we were staying for 16 nights? Not the service you expect from a 5 star hotel, at least some communication would have been good, we got sent some complimentary cheese to our room, assume this was sorry but we can't help you?

Apart from that situation, the rooms looks like it's in need of an uplift. The walls needed re painting, the carpet was stained and it just looked tired. Not what you expect from a 5 star hotel. The housekeeping was annoying they kept taking stuff out of the kitchen but not returning it such as the saucepan, bread knife etc. We asked to restock the fridge with water & coke but they never got this right the whole time, they even took stuff out of the fridge once it was restocked. We could tell when the hotel was full as the housekeeping was kept to the bare minimum at these times. At the end of our stay it felt like the room was dusty and the bathroom a bit dirty.

There was no foyer area to relax in, there was a bar area but it wasn't suitable for little ones. Don't order breakfast downstairs, they had a small selection and it was very expensive for what you received. They didn't even know what a Bircher muesli was. The upstairs restaurant was ok but it felt like a corporate meeting place rather an an intimate dinner place. The service & food was just ok, you could find better & cheaper places in NY.

The only thing that made our stay bearable were the porters Saun & Jonathan. They at least greeted us and knew who we were, they made us feel welcome; sometimes (on rare occasions) we were able to use the hotel car which was a bonus. But from looking at the other reviews we didn't get any special treatments, no free tickets to the empire building.

If I was able to do this again I would definitely pick a different hotel. A hotel in the Soho area where there's more nice cafés and shops to go to, and just a nicer area. The langham is so close to the Empire State Building that you get a lot of tourist operators trying to sell you passes all the time, it's just not as pretty an area as Soho.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Hermyleen
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue in April. We strive every day to improve our guest experience and therefore take serious consideration of all feedback, positive and negative.

Our records show that you were initially booked into an Empire Suite but, based on your feedback about needing a sofa bed, we moved you to a Family Residence Suite. I apologize that this wasn't able to be done as quickly as you would have liked. We have a selection of suites with sofa beds but they are not available in all of our suites, so it was simply a matter of availability. I'm sorry, as well, that it wasn't clear to you that all the rooms didn't have this feature when you made your booking.

I have taken note of your feedback about our housekeeping team. I am sorry that you had that experience and will be working with them to correct it for the benefit of future guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to New York, you will give us another chance. I would be pleased to welcome you personally.

Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

By far some of the largest rooms in Manhattan. The kitchen is real with everything to cook your own meal. Attentive staff although the courtesy car was hard to get as it was always busy. Housekeeping and Bellmen were outstanding. Will return. Specially for long stays. Would only improve the size of TV's. They do not match the proportions of the room.

Room Tip: Family Suite was great. Would only add a second shower.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so honored that you chose to stay with us when you were in New York.

I'm glad that we were able to ensure that you had a pleasant visit. I'm sorry that the house care was not always available to you. As it is available to all guests on a first-come first-served basis, the demand for its use can often be quite high. Thank you for understanding.

I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Thank you again!

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

When you arrive, the doorman says "Welcome to our place" and that sets the tone for the stay. The rooms are first class, the location is ideal and all the staff were attentive and helpful. A special call out of thanks to Lilyann who made a stay special from the very beginning. The Measure Lounge in the hotel is a great bar with an excellent atmosphere and wine and food menu. Also if you can, take the hotel car somewhere as that is a memorable way to get somewhere around Manhattan.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
West Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Absolutely wonderful from the time you check in, till the time you leave. Everyone was extremely helpful and always had a smile on their face. Rooms were large for NYC and the bathroom was huge. Excellent location, easy walk to MSG. Special shout out to Patrick!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

WOW! This hotel was faultless! From the minute we stepped in on our arrival until we stepped out on our departure our experience in the Langham place was amazing. We got a complimentary ungraded to room 901 (pics attached) . We had a free mini bar stocked daily with 8 bottles of soft drinks and water, which in the heat was a very welcome service! We had an amazing view over 5th avenue with minimal traffic noise!
Cleanliness.... 100% room serviced day and night with daily fresh bed linen and thick fluffy towels
Staff..... Staff went out of their way to be helpful, there friendliness was genuine and very welcoming in a new city, they made every guest feel special and individual, and spent the time to ask how your day was and if they can help in any way,
Although we did not eat in hotel there was a vast source of info in the room telling the guests about the dinning within the hotel. On our last night we had cocktails in the bar, perfect end to a busy day, lovely cocktails with jazz playing in the background
Early morning until approximately 8am complimentary coffee and tea to take out we're available each afternoon this was replaced with ice cold flavoured waters, lovely touch
During our stay we didn't mange to take advantage of the spa but will def do this the next time we come
Thank u to all the staff at the Langham place for making our first visit to New York so perfect
Giving this hotel an EXCELLENT doesn't warrant how it was! Up and above excellent

Room Tip: We were room 901 and although looked onto 5th avenue we had no noise at all perfect
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Noel M
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so honored that you chose to spend your 40th birthday with us.

It was our pleasure to be of service to you during your visit. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us.

I very much look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back should your travels take you back to New York.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

The Langham Place hotel has an excellent location. we booked a family suite which was spacious and fully equiped with a nice view on top (25th floor). compared to many other big 5 star hotels, this one has the advantage that's it's not too big which makes it more personnel. the staff is very friendly and helpful, and efficient.
we enjoyed the small breakfast buffet at the ground floor which worked out well for us but for those that prefer a la carte there is plenty choice in the 1st floor resto.
evening time there was a good jazz band playing music and again we enjoyed the food on the ground floor resto.
a place we'll come back to.

Room Tip: book and upper floor room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family