2,542 results
All reviews ai fiori fifth avenue the empire state building house car al fiori tv in the mirror new york nespresso machine washer and dryer family suite turn down service five star hotel huge bathroom concierge team four seasons room service full kitchen
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We chose very carefully this location based on the following factors: it had to be 5 star, central location, spacious with 2 rooms for a family of 4, relatively new and last but not least it had to have positive traveler feedback. Our search criteria led to less than 10 results and after checking availability and pricing we decided to try Langham Place. We expected a lot and the hotel overdelivered! The personnel was extremely helpful, knowledgable and always ready to assist. The housekeeping not only did a fine cleaning job but also was restless in seeking and finding my wife's personal pillow that had been sent for cleaning mistakenly. The empire suite was just perfect for us. Very spacious (100 m2), 2 separate rooms (the second room is however without curtains which is bad for light sensitive children/people as the morning sun awakes you), a huge and superb bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen and, yes, a Miele washing machine and dryer! We used the gym several times and have never seen more than 4 people there (well equipped, clean and spacious enough for 20+ people). Not to forget the daily complimentary beverages as well as the kind and helpful people at the reception and concierge. We liked the location between empire state and bryant park although not as posh as some hotels closer to central park. The hotel is a hidden gem and we can only recommend it. By the way we took the offer 'pay 2 stay 3 nights'.

Room Tip: We had the empire suite on the 24th floor with empire state view. It sleeps comfortably a family of 4 in 2 separate rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Trip4ron
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at The Langham New York Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us for your family vacation to New York.

I want you to know that I've made note of all of your remarks, positive and negative, so as to better improve our service in the future. I'm sorry that you weren't warned about the lack of black-out shades in your room but I'm glad that it seems you and your family had a pleasant visit regardless.

Thank you again for choosing us. I hope you will do so again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had a hugely enjoyable stay at Langham Place a couple of weeks ago. The room was a great size ,the bathroom even larger than the one in my apartment, and everything felt very stylish and contemporary without being overly-trendy. It honestly felt like a home from home, and was a great place to come back to for a break in between excursions out exploring the city. The mid-town location is ideal as well, and it is very easy to travel all across Manhattan from the hotel.
The best thing about this hotel though was the amazing staff. Everyone provided a great service and made it look effortless. If I was in the hotel business, I would employ any one of them tomorrow. Everyone goes out of their way to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere, which makes all the guests completely relaxed and comfortable. A special mention must go to Caroline (really hope I have got her name right!) at the front desk who was totally charming and incredibly helpful to all of us throughout our stay.
I would recommend Langham Place to anyone who is looking for the great service and large rooms found in more traditional hotels but does not really like the formal ‘old-fashioned’ atmosphere which some of them still have. This was my first visit to New York, and I hope to return before too long (4 days wasn’t long enough) and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul_Williamson2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so happy that you chose to stay with us on your very first visit to New York.

I am so happy that you were specifically pleased with our staff. I am very proud of our colleagues here and greatly appreciate you taking the time to call attention to their efforts in your review.

I hope that you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Thank you again!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Pros: the Duxiana mattress, deep soaking tub with Grohe fixtures, bathroom mirror had a TV inside it. Lovely view of the Empire State Bld. Free minibar soda.

Cons: Tried to ask about fireworks on the 4th but were told it was too late for a spot at 4 pm. Was surprised they didn't have anything arranged for guests. I guess this is just New York (?).

Location: Close to Empire State Building, 5th Ave, NY Library. Sort of close to Grand Central, Times Sq and Rockafeller Center. Metro was 4-5 blocks away.

Let me start by saying that we have a high standard for hotel rooms. We've stayed in some pretty incredible places during our travels, so we can be a tough couple to impress. However, the amenities, the staff, the food.. all were absolutely on point at the Langham. As others have mentioned, the Duxiana bed and deep tub with Grohe fixtures were highlights. I went for a spa treatment on the fourth day after my legs, not accustomed to so much walking, were really starting to get painfully strained. The fourth level is devoted to a lovely spa with showers, steam rooms, sauna, a snack bar, a chill room, and hot tub. I enjoyed the sauna and hot tub after my (heavenly) deep tissue massage. It was exactly the refreshing experience I needed to get back into enjoying my trip. I wish I would have known that you can have access to the spa for $50/day without a spa treatment, we did not learn about this until the last day, and I certainly would have used the spa more if I'd known. The staff were all extremely helpful and courteous without being snotty. We've been to other 5 star hotels where if you are not dressed to nines you are sort of treated as second-class guests. We didn't get that vibe at all from the Langham, thankfully, and by the end of the trip we were thinking of the Langham as our NYC home-away-from-home.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was simply amazed at the level of excellence here. This was my first stay and I found the rooms to be very well appointed, spacious and beautifully designed. The staff were outstanding. Everyone from the front door, to the front desk, through the restaurants to the housekeeping staff were all a cut above what I have experienced in many years of NY hotels.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in mid-town NY.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg L
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at The Langham New York Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

It means a lot to us that, out of all the luxury hotels in New York, you chose us. I hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to the city.

Thank you again!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The staff at the Lengham Palace are so friendly and helpful it made our journey to skyscraper city much easier. Anything you need, they had it. The breakfast and appetizers were excellent, the decor beautiful and the rooms very cozy!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert T

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us when you were in New York.

I certainly hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.