2,532 results
All reviewsai fiorififth avenuethe empire state buildinghouse caral fioritv in the mirrornew yorknespresso machinewasher and dryerfamily suiteturn down servicefive star hotelhuge bathroomconcierge teamfour seasonsroom servicefull kitchen
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our first trip to New York exceeded our expectations thanks in large part to the staff at the Langham. The staff were genuinely personable, warm and extremely helpful and went beyond just "doing their job.
We may not remember all names but a special thanks to concierge staff Dennis, Almira and Lillian, he doorman Michael and John (and others) and the bar staff of Ben, Nick, Vanessa and John upstairs. The housekeeping staff were also great and accommodated our strange hours and kept everything wonderful...and my apologies for the spilt coffee which was quickly replaced by Almira even though it was purchased across the street.
While the service was excellent I would add that overall the Langham was perfect for us. A great location and a home away from home for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at The Langham New York Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so honored that you chose to stay with us on your first visit to New York.

We are always striving to exceed our guests' expectations. I'm so glad your stay was so pleasant and that we were able to show you the Langham Place brand of hospitality. I will pass your compliments onto Dennis, Almira, Lillian, Michael, Jonathan, Ben, Nick, Vanessa and John, all of whom were thrilled to be of service to you during your stay.

I certainly hope that you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was our first stay at any Langham hotel. We love Leading Hotels of the World's properties, and this was one of the best ever. The hotel itself is very modern, with lovely dark woods and upscale artwork, and a terrific marble and glass bathroom (great shower!). The weekend breakfast buffet in Measure was great, and the jazz in the bar was a welcome surprise. But what really impressed us about the Langham Place Fifth Avenue was the outstanding service. We stayed there for five nights because of a wedding we were attending (not at the hotel). By the second day everyone knew and greeted us by name, and chatted us up about our various activities. I had recently had major hip surgery, and they had all kinds of advice about how to get around and asked if they could assist in any way. The hotel has a beautiful Maserati as its "house car", and we were able to use it a few times to get to dinners. From Jack at the bell desk, to Caroline at the front desk, to Dennis the concierge, to Dwayne the doorman, they were terrific! The staff is totally professional but with great personality, not stuffy or stiff. We definitely look forward to staying at the hotel again!

Room Tip: Get a room with the glassed-in rain shower--very luxurious!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us. I'm glad we made a positive impression on you.

I have passed your compliments onto Jack, Caroline, Dennis and Dwayne, all of whom were thrilled to be of service to you during your visit. I am so glad that you were able to partake of our house car during your visit.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York. And I hope you will also visit our sister hotels around the world, now that you are familiar with the brand. The Langham in your hometown of Chicago is also wonderful for a staycation, should that need ever arise.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed a week in this fabulous hotel. The location is great - one block from The Empire State, 5 mins to Times Square and a pleasant stroll pass the New York Library, Saks, Lord & Taylor etc., up to Central Park in about 15mins. The hotel room was extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. Housekeeping were efficient and always happy to help. It is a rare find to stay at a hotel where all the staff are clearly happy, motivated and enjoying their job. I have travelled extensively and lived in many places. Langham Place is now firmly placed in my Top 3 hotels. Can't wait to go back. Special Thanks to Balanka, Melissa and Derek!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank NLM339

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy you chose to stay with us when you visited New York.

We strive every day to exceed our guests' expectations. I am so happy that you had such a pleasant experience with us. I have passed your compliments onto Balanka, Melissa and Derek as well, all of whom were thrilled to be of service to you during your stay.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Francois-OIivier Luiggi

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I cannot say enough about the beautiful room and luxury we experienced while staying here on our first trip to New York. Every staff member we encountered in our 4 night stay went above what I ever imagined and were the perfect hosts for our first NYC experience. We would not consider staying anywhere else in NYC after our perfect stay here! Thank you for making it so special!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Joyofed42
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at The Langham New York Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so happy that you chose to stay with us on your first trip to New York,.

We strive every day to exceed our guests' expectations. I am so happy that we were able to accomplish this goal for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to New York.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My comments are much the same as the other recent posts. Could not really find a fault.
My only embarrassment (mine) was a comment to the restaurant manager at Al Fiori that we would have benefited from being given a fish knife with my fish course and the main course plates were very attractive but not particularly practical from a consuming function.
That been said he, and the rest of the staff worked their socks off to give every customer the best of attention.
The same goes for the front of house team and the room service staff, efficient, friendly and top notch in their roles.

Room Tip: We had 3 twin rooms and all looked out onto the rear, not the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslie W

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy you chose to stay with us when you were in New York.

Thank you for including compliments to Ai Fiori in your review. They are a wonderful element of our hotel and an amazing partner to us. I am so glad you had time to experience a meal there when you stayed with us.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Thanks you again!