“Wonderful hotel, great service”

Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #19 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Beautiful hotel, professional staff.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel the service was great. The doorman was prompt to help with our cases, the check in was seamless, our room was beautiful.
After a long transatlantic flight I was so pleased to lay down and find the bed sooooo comfortable.
The Mini bar is stocked daily with soft drinks, great as I drink a lot of soda. There is also Tea and Coffee and daily cookies.

Never have I seen a TV in the mirror in a bathroom. Greay when doing my make up in the morning to watch some TV.

My husband and I had forgotten to being socket adaptors and the hotel were very good and lent us 2 of these.

I had arranged for several packages to be delivered to the hotel whist we were staying there and they were very good at delivering them to our room.

Location wise I couldn't fault this hotel. The city is huge but here are you right in the middle of the action. I also felt very safe here.

Would love to go back if I am lucky enough to return to New York.

Great stay

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Perfect city hotel in front of the empire state building, very close to Rockefeller, times square, central park etc
Very friendly staff, specially in the spa and guest service
The views from the room was awesome if you stayed at the top rooms
Breakfast was nice also, but if you want to dinner is better outside the hotel, the area is plenty of great restaurants like LT Burguer or Keens steakhouse just 10 min away

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed in an Empire Suite for a Birthday celebration... unparalleled view of the Empire State... in fact we could lay in bed and look at this astonishing building! Top notch service throughout the stay from the Doormen, to the Room Service staff and Reception. Absolutely nothing was a problem for the staff. We even bagged a lift in the complimentary house car which just happened to be a Maserati... a rather pleasant way to arrive Downtown

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Langham in New York for 5 nights. The hotel is located on 5th Avenue just 2 blocks from the Empire State Building, Grand Central is not to far away either and Macy's is about a 10 minute walk.

Everything about the hotel is first class. Our room was on the 6th floor overlooking 5th Avenue, I was a little concerned about street noise but this never bothered us at all. The room was huge the bathroom alone was bigger than a previous NY hotel room I've stayed in. The room had a Nespresso coffee maker which was a very nice touch, there was no kettle but one phone call to reception and a kettle and milk was delivered to the room. Staff in the hotel are extremely friendly and really go out of their way to be helpful.

The hotel boasts it's own Michelin starred restaurant and it certainly delivered on the food and wine.

We will defiantly be visiting NY and this hotel again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Check-in was a breeze! Arrived on Thursday December 5, 2013 for a short three night stay, around 11am and room was ready within 20 minutes. Everyone at the front desk were pleasant and polite. Had an amazing view of the Empire State Building. Very clean and feel at home type of hotel. Being an Elite Marriott rewards member, I was hesitant about staying at a different property but I am so glad I decided to go with this one! Housekeeping did an excellent job servicing my room daily and even wrote me a nice note thanking me for leaving tips (This has never happened) loved coming back to my room after "turndown" it made me feel more relaxed after walking the city all day. Brian and Johnathon were amazing and very nice. Everyone at the hotel really went above and beyond to make me feel how I wanted to feel for the cost of the room. Loved the bed,pillows, and shower. Stocked fridge came in very handy as well. Overall I would recommend this property, they certainly have my business whenever I decide to take a trip from Sunny South Florida!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2013

the hotel is very modern and have a great location, rooms are amazingly big with great bathroom but the only drawback is their bedding and the mattresses which are really lousy too thin to sleep on, I stayed awake for the whole night as I am used to sleep on a 12 inch thick mattress and the mattress here was only 2-3 inch thick and the bed was bouncing all the time. their breakfast again for very very bad no hot items served only cold breakfast menu on offer. will never stay here again as whats the point to stay in a hotel with great room but a very poor bed?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gargarun
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My family and I were to stay for a few months in New York. We moved into the Langham Place after staying in the Four Seasons for a few days. We stayed in the Langham for 6 weeks in 3 different rooms. The move to the Langham Place was definitely a move up.

FRONT DESK AND SALES
Our first interaction with front desk was extremely pleasant. Everyone is so courteous, and Derek in particular provided exceptional service and tips to enjoy our long stay even more. We actually visited the Langham before booking (before we made the move from Four Seasons), and his reception and time he took to show us different rooms was key in our decision to book our long stay here. The transparent, courteous and flexibility of the Langham's Sales Manager, Domenic, really closed the deal for us.

THE LOBBY AND THE MEASURE
The reception is lively with the Measure being a popular restaurant and lounge in the area. The quality of the food is high. The bakery served in breakfast is extremely fresh and was something to look forward to when you wake up in the morning. The Measure has a full breakfast menu too, but the continental breakfast on the counter can use more variety.

THE ROOMS AND HOUSEKEEPING
The hotel is in great shape. The rooms are new and clean and a great housekeeping team keep it that way. The housekeeping team were exceptional in their courtesy, friendliness and service. Everyone was doing a great job and we were lucky to have Sheprezza taking care of our 3 rooms. She was super nice, friendly, attentive to our requests, and left the rooms in great shape for us everyday. The Langham's turn down service is actually something I looked forward to. The soft cookies left on the bed, the dimmed lights and Jazz music playing makes you wind down from a hectic New York day. 95% of the time the turn down service was excellent and there were a few times it wasn't like everyday, so I guess small checks on consistency would help.

THE DOORMEN & CONCIERGE
The doormen of the Langham are the best I have seen in NY. I really don't want to start listing names of doormen who provided great friendly service fearing that I will drop a few and honestly because everyone was so helpful. They were simply eager to help in any way. The best thing is that their friendliness was sincere. You can easily tell when someone is smiling or helping you because they have to, but these guys were sincere in their friendliness and helpfulness. They were doing a great job helping us in and out of the hotel.

ROOM SERVICE
We were big on room service, ordered a lot. The quality of food is very high. Orders were really fast. Loved their pizza in a box. Would be nice to see more vegetarian items in the menu, but overall the menu selection was good. The room service staff were very courteous in setting up the table in our room. The minibar refills and the staff taking care of it were also great.

SECURITY
Security staff called me up because a package was delivered after I checked out. Staff also went out of his way to check on laundry that I left without picking up. Very proactive and friendly service.

-----

To sum it up, the Langham Place is definitely highly recommended to anyone visiting NY, no matter what you are here for (business or pleasure) or who you are here with.

I myself, will not stay in any other hotel when in NY again....

Room Tip: Try to go with a corner room. It can get pleasantly sunny in winter time.