“Langham Place The Place To Stay In New York”

Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #20 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Kings Lynn
“Langham Place The Place To Stay In New York”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four nights and had the best time ever.
The hotel is smack bang in the middle of everything we wanted to do.
Times square just round the corner, Central Park a nice stroll down 5th avenue, Grand Central Station only a few blocks away and we were right near the Empire State Building.

The hotel was dedicated to us enjoying our stay and they could not help enough. The personal assistants were very good.

The only niggle with this place was some of the bar staff. Service was very slow at times usually due to them being to busy talking amongst themselves. No urgency at all to look after the customer.

We found the bar staff at all other places we visited much more customer friendly.

And considering what we were spending at the bar it was disappointing.

I liked the Jazz band in the evening. Very relaxing and great to watch.

The hotel seemed a bit of a celeb hot spot. Justin bieber was there and the AC Milan football team.

All in all a great trip to New York and a fantastic hotel.

We will return :-)

2 Thank ShaunHKingsLynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, FL
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Truly enjoyed my stay at Langham Place and will never stay anywhere else. Staff was fantastic, Italian food was out of this world, and the soaking tub (complete with quality bath salts and products) was a great way to end the busy day. Wonderful location too. Nice details like cookies at turn-down, complementary shoe shine at check in, complementary mini bar drinks (soda and water) won me over. I was traveling on business - the next time I'm there I'll stay long enough for a spa treatment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed in some top notch hotels, and this one by far blows all of them away. Upon our arrival, we were immediately greeted in a genuine approach and check in was extremely fast. We were asked if we have any items that need to be pressed complimntary, which was amazingly fast and hung up on the hook by the hotel door 15 minutes later. In the room, we had a beautiful view of the Empire State Building. In fact, we checked out that outdoor/rooftop bar (230 5th avenue) because everyone said how the view is incredible. We did check it out and we ended up agreeing that our view from our room was better! The room was very modern and yet comfortable with a Nespresso machine in the room (for those of you that don't know what this is, it is a coffee machine that is top of the line and SO good). The bathroom was very spacious with a bathtub and two separate sinks. I could seriously live in this room and be comfortable. The staff was SO accomodating when we needed a suggestion for a place to eat breakfast. They even printed out directions and wanted to arrange for their hotel car to take us, but we wanted to walk the city (I am from LA- no one walks here)! When we checked out (at 2PM!), we were offered to check in our luggage and then when it came time to leave for JFK, they offered their spa to us to get cleaned up. It was such an amazing experience and I have already talked about this place to everyone I know and will be definitely returning!

1 Thank Troy401
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

What a lovely surprise Langham Place was! Literally everyone we encountered there was kind, authentic, professional and caring. The property is gorgeous ~ clean lines and contemporary furnishings but still feels welcoming and warm. The room was huge with wonderful features including a TV screen in the bathroom mirror, a walk-in closet, and a complementary espresso maker and refrigerator with beverages. Both the bar and the restaurant were beautifully appointed with ridiculously delicious cocktails and exquisite food. We have already booked our next visit!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our experience at the Langham Place was outstanding. From the second we arrived, Joe took care of our vehicle and made us feel welcomed and relaxed. Our room was perfect for a larger family, the bathroom in particular was beautiful. What will bring us back though was the service we received from all of the staff. After checking out we had our bags held for awhile so we could get a something to eat. Our car was loaded and about an hour after we left we were called and told that a bag had been left behind. It was a rainy, busy Friday evening. We were headed to North Carolina with a brief stop in Delaware. Brian, had a driver bring us the bag personally, he drove to Delaware in awful conditions. This is going over and above all of our expectations! We were so impressed by their immediate solution to a difficult situation. Well done Langham Place!. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Familyforever0099
Athens
Reviewed August 1, 2013

It's my second time at this Hotel...there are really no words to describe it!
it's by far my most favorite Hotel and trust me, I travel on business once-a-week.
The hotel is modern, but warm. The staff is friendly and the service unparalleled.
The location is unbeatable right in the middle of 5th and the rooms are perfect. I always pay close attention to the bathroom of the rooms, and this bathroom is truly unreal!
As I said, a perfect experience every time...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Nikolas23
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed in several hotels in NY and on my latest stay spent a few nights at Trump Soho as well as Langham Place and I have to say that Langham Place was excellent. My girlfriend and I arrived mid-morning and were courteously greeted by Dwayne and his colleagues who checked us straight into a beautiful room....no begging for early check-in.
We had 2 different rooms during our stay and both were top notch. I loved the hotel, I loved the staff. The Concierge was superb too. I won`t stay anywhere else now in Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple