“Lovely place”

Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #19 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here in may and had a fantastic time.its on 5thavenue and walking distance to Times Square,Rockefeller centre,empire state,and even Central Park if you are upto it.So the location is fantastic.The service was great.I especially loved the fridge and the free soft drinks and lots of room for your things.The evening turndown service was a pleasant surprise.We had a room with a view of the Empire State, but you have to really crane your neck up to see it .The room was a good size with two tvs.Beds are quite comfortable.Bathroom was great with a tv inside the mirror. Separate shower and marble tubs.huge dressing space and cupboards.The food in the bar is good.

Room Tip: Room facing the Empire State
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bhavana m

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The good things first:
We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and was upgraded one category to a Langham suite. The suite was wonderful with plenty of room. I liked the fact that they had a washer and tumble dryer. A handy thing to have when travelling with two kids. Also on the plus side, there was plenty of closet space and they arranged the clothes for us.
We also particularly enjoyed the fridge with free soft drinks and ample space for our own food (that is our Norwegian candy that we brought along!).
I must also add that Luis Vasques, personal assistant, was of great help when comming up with suggestions for family friendly restaurants in the neighbourhood. I had the best ravioli ever at MarcoNY!
Matt at check in was also wonderful and my son wanted to hang around with him in the reception.

Then the cons:
I e-mailed a week ahead to ask for special restaurant suggestions and reservations, and still have not received any answer.
No heating in the bath room floor, so a bit cold.
I am a Leaders Club member, but the hotel had no notice of this. I still haven't checked out yet, but I was informed that I had booked at a special rate thought the hotel's own website and therefore would not receive the special perks I usually receive when booking though the LHW website. I tried to persuade the staff in the reception on day two, that I actually had booked through LHW, and even though my husband went up to the room and got the paper print showing the actual booking through LHW, we still received the message that they did not have us in their system but that they would allow us to have breakfast on their account in the lobby-lounge "Measure". This made me feel a bit awkward, because I felt like they were doing us a favour granting us this and I felt like I almost had to beg for it. Not good.

Also, since we were not "leaders club members" in their system, we have received none of the other perks that we usually receive. No wine, no welcome note, no fruit, no upgrade, nothing for the kids etc... Too bad actually, since my daughter and I recently had a blast staying at their sister property in London and our expectations were high.

Note, there are no black out curtains in the living room, so being jetlagged and wanting to go to bed early the first day, it was impossible to sleep because the living room was full of sunshine. The man who made up the beds, told us to ask for another room with black out curtains the day after. So we did, but the guy in the reception told us that we had that kind of curtains in our living room as well and that this room was no different rooms in the same category. This was the same guy that we had the "breakfast"-argument with, so I just said never mind and left it with that. As you can see from the pics, there are clearly not black out curtains present.

We also informed the reception that we would prefer turn down service as early as 7.30 since the kids had to go to sleep early these first days. This was never taken notice of, and we did not receive turn down servive untill 10.30 in the evening (that was even after I had gone to bed).

Also, thay should have children rates for the breakfast. Paying 29 dollars for my kid eating half a croissant is a bit too steep.

Then the magic question: Will I stay here again? Yes! I loved the size of the room and the kitchen, tumble dryer and washer. I guess we must have met the wrong persons all the way since the hotel is having such a great rating on TA. We will now leave for Orlando for some days and will be heading back to Langham Place in July and hopefully things will have improved by then. What I really would like the next time is having the Empire state view (that we initially booked) and that all the amentities and perks that usually come along with the Leaders status, will be acknowledged next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Jenta
LanghamPlaceNYC F, Director of Sales at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We truly regret that our living area did not have black out shades. We are in the process of installing them in all of our suites. We are delighted to hear you were able to enjoy our washer/dryer and our complimentary in-room beverages. We most appreciate the feedback regarding Luis and Matt who are indeed great assets to our team.
Leading Hotels amenities are extended when reservations are made via the LHW website or toll free number only. These are contractual terms which we have as an LHW hotel.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist in any way with your future arrangements at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue.

Anne-J Maurice
anne.maurice@langhamhotels.com
212-613-8733

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here March of 2013 when it was the Setai Hotel.

Staff was friendly and informative. We stayed there for our anniversary. My brother booked another hotel but a day short so he ended up stay one day with us and they accommodated us. They brought in extra bed and fast.

Very luxurious hotel, got to ride in the shuttle Maserati! They even made extra efforts to send us up treats for our anniversary. at no charge.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We always stay in 5 star hotels with my family. We are on a road trip and we just checked into our room. The staff is AMAZING, the room is spacious, modern and beautiful!! I was upgraded to a nice big room. I can't say enough good things about this hotel!!! It's better than Ritz!! I am so glad I chose this hotel. Look no further if your staying in New York! I guarantee you will like this hotel. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you arrive you feel like a VIP. The staff works hard to make you feel special.

This hotel location is great not too far from Times Square and a 10 minute walk to Central Park. It's right by all the shopping and if you want you can use their house car which is a Maserati.

The house car was often in use and it took us two days of the day before we got a chance to ride in it. Totally cool but I wouldn't count on it being at your beck and call.

Shopping near this location is amazing, take a left out of hotel and your within steps of most every possible designer you could want. For the man right next door to the hotel is Golfsmith (mail order discount high end golf shop).

We were upgraded from their smallest room to a full suite complete with washer and dryer. The amenities are plentiful and fantastic. The fridge with water and soda a home run!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived on June 7th and stayed till the 10th. We will come back to this hotel 1000%. The staff was out of this world. We were upgraded to a suite compliments of Brian the wonderful manager. When we walked into the suite not only was it beautiful but there was a wonderful bottle of champagne waiting for us with a lovely note from Eugenia wishing us a great anniversary weekend! The Bed was heaven and the bathroom was beautiful.The bathroom mirror has a built in T.V. We stayed on the 15th floor and it was so nice and quiet. Location was perfect. Especially if you love to shop!! On our last day we asked them to get us a taxi to head to Central park. They told us the hotel car was available on the house. Next thing we knew we were heading to Central park in a Masserati! Nice ending to a perfect weekend :).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My only regret - I could not stay another night! This was the first time I have stayed at Langham Place (formerly the Setai). A friend recommended the hotel for its exceptional service and rooms - it did not disappoint. Having arrived at midnight due to weather delays, the staff at the front desk were so welcoming and professional. I was up in my room (upgraded - thank you!) in less than five minutes. I was flying on the overnight back to London the next day asked if I could possibly have a late check out - say 6pm? I was delighted when they said "absolutely - no problem at all...we try to be very flexible here." I did not have time to enjoy the beautiful spa (the attendant gave me a tour) or even work out in the fitness room which was chock full of multiple tread mills, elipiticals etc... What I did experience was a warm welcome and a team that really puts the guest first and is proud of where they work.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are fantastic with bathrooms which challenge the Adlon's - which until now I thought were the best in the world! Room service was quick (thank goodness because by that time it was 1am) and serves a mean mac and cheese - o.k. I needed confort food after all of the travel delays.
Housekeeping notes: Excellent/spotless.