“LUXURY AT ITS BEST”

Ranked #20 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Valley Village CA
“LUXURY AT ITS BEST”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We always stay in 5 star hotels with my family. We are on a road trip and we just checked into our room. The staff is AMAZING, the room is spacious, modern and beautiful!! I was upgraded to a nice big room. I can't say enough good things about this hotel!!! It's better than Ritz!! I am so glad I chose this hotel. Look no further if your staying in New York! I guarantee you will like this hotel. I will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you arrive you feel like a VIP. The staff works hard to make you feel special.

This hotel location is great not too far from Times Square and a 10 minute walk to Central Park. It's right by all the shopping and if you want you can use their house car which is a Maserati.

The house car was often in use and it took us two days of the day before we got a chance to ride in it. Totally cool but I wouldn't count on it being at your beck and call.

Shopping near this location is amazing, take a left out of hotel and your within steps of most every possible designer you could want. For the man right next door to the hotel is Golfsmith (mail order discount high end golf shop).

We were upgraded from their smallest room to a full suite complete with washer and dryer. The amenities are plentiful and fantastic. The fridge with water and soda a home run!

• Stayed June 2013
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived on June 7th and stayed till the 10th. We will come back to this hotel 1000%. The staff was out of this world. We were upgraded to a suite compliments of Brian the wonderful manager. When we walked into the suite not only was it beautiful but there was a wonderful bottle of champagne waiting for us with a lovely note from Eugenia wishing us a great anniversary weekend! The Bed was heaven and the bathroom was beautiful.The bathroom mirror has a built in T.V. We stayed on the 15th floor and it was so nice and quiet. Location was perfect. Especially if you love to shop!! On our last day we asked them to get us a taxi to head to Central park. They told us the hotel car was available on the house. Next thing we knew we were heading to Central park in a Masserati! Nice ending to a perfect weekend :).

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My only regret - I could not stay another night! This was the first time I have stayed at Langham Place (formerly the Setai). A friend recommended the hotel for its exceptional service and rooms - it did not disappoint. Having arrived at midnight due to weather delays, the staff at the front desk were so welcoming and professional. I was up in my room (upgraded - thank you!) in less than five minutes. I was flying on the overnight back to London the next day asked if I could possibly have a late check out - say 6pm? I was delighted when they said "absolutely - no problem at all...we try to be very flexible here." I did not have time to enjoy the beautiful spa (the attendant gave me a tour) or even work out in the fitness room which was chock full of multiple tread mills, elipiticals etc... What I did experience was a warm welcome and a team that really puts the guest first and is proud of where they work.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are fantastic with bathrooms which challenge the Adlon's - which until now I thought were the best in the world! Room service was quick (thank goodness because by that time it was 1am) and serves a mean mac and cheese - o.k. I needed confort food after all of the travel delays.
Housekeeping notes: Excellent/spotless.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TheHousekeeper
Midland, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We travel quite a bit for pleasure, and despite the unusually rainy weather, our stay at Langham Place topped our list of enjoyable vacations. From the moment we stepped into our room, surprised by champagne and strawberries for our honeymoon, until we checked out, our stay was fabulous. I can't think of a single thing they could have done to make it a better experience. Even though the hotel itself is lovely, it's the staff that takes it from "nice" to "outstanding". Our expectations were exceeded in every area. Not only does the staff call you by name, but no request was too big to accommodate nor too small to merit attention. I can enthusiastically recommend Langham Place to anyone traveling to New York City!

Room Tip: We stayed in an Empire Suite on the 24th floor. Traffic noises were at a minimum and the view of th...
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 13, 2013

There were no rooms ready at 5:30pm when I checked in. It only took 5 minutes and Derrick at the front desk upgraded me. AMAZING room--the most incredible I've ever been in in the US. Huge soaking tub next to a glass wall to look out on the city. TV in the bathroom INSIDE the mirror--amazing technology. Beautiful massive corner suite. All the touches--espresso machine, full kitchen, washer/dryer. Yes, I know I won't get this next time, but fan for life. Sparkling clean. ALL the staff are smart, engaging. You can tell their training is good. This was nicer than the coop I used to have in Manhattan.

Room Tip: The corner suite on the 20th floor is spectacular.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We walked from Colombus Circle,looking here and there and needed some drink and a short rest.We saw people drinking and eating through the window of a nice place.We entered and asked if we could have coffee.We were very politely welcome,sat by the window in our leather armchairs.Looking at the menu i read the name of the place as Measure.We ordered coffee,tea and choco fudge cake.Then we started looking around to see good looking people drinking and chatting.Our service was very quick and polite. Coffe with milk and tea were good,but cake was fantastic. Light and sweet enough but not oversweet . When we were paying we found out that we were in a hotel!