“The best place to stay...”

Langham Place, New York
Ranked #19 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed with our two teenagers for 4 nights at this spectacular hotel. We were so impressed with the personalized treatment we received since before we even arrived. Almira, our personal assistant, contacted us before the trip and helped us plan the whole thing. She was phenomenal. Our room was 2503- 2 bedroom Empire State Suite and it was amazing. The view was great and it was like being at home. Such comfort. A great kitchen stocked (complimentary sodas, water and amazing cookies), a washer & dryer and incredible bathrooms... Brian was the gentleman at the front desk and he was incredible. He always greeted us by our name and accommodated our every need. Brian's customer service skills were outstanding. He captured the true essence of the Setai Hotel. I know I keep saying this was great, that was great but this is truly an amazing hotel. The location was great too. I was a bit skeptical because I had always stayed in the upper areas but Almira assured me it was a great area and it was. Very central and nice. Lord & Taylor near by and Macy's too. Lots of things to do. The restaurant at the Bar was also amazing. Great hamburgers and an incredible cheesecake. We loved every single thing this hotel had to offer. The gym, spa, the complimentary driver, the food, the room, the whole experience was magical. If you go to NYC spend the money because it is worth every penny!!!

Room Tip: 2503 is a perfect room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The crowdyness and speedy rythm of the city stops at the door of the hotel, efficiently replaced by the perfume of nice flowers and smily staff. I enjoyed a family stay with top confort and no worries, and highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

After 25 years of travelling to NYC for business, and having stayed in many of Manhattens best 5 star hotels, I can highly recommend Setai 5th Avenue as probably the best for quality of staff, service, and facilities - with superb modern rooms with the best of technology. Location, location with spacious and comfortable rooms, great gym and spa and superb bars and food. Best of all was the 6 star service in a down to earth and friendly/funky way. Whether for fun or business, highly recommend staying at the Setai on 5th.

Room Tip: Highly recommend 11th floor rooms with balcony overlooking 5th Avenue
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I use trip advisor whenever I plan our family holidays but I have to say that our trip to the Setai, Fifth Avenue has been the only time when all the excellent previous reviews have actually lived up to reality.
Apart from the first class accommodation and restaurant, the staff are unrivalled in any 5 star hotel we have ever stayed in to date. Their enthusiasm for their work and their genuine interest in the guests is obvious from the moment you check in.
This was our first trip to New York and based on our stay at the Setai alone, we can't wait to return.
Thank You!

1  Thank JTurbott
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here for 7 nights in March 2013 and had a wonderful time! The staff were so helpful, in particular our personal assistant, Sohee who was fantastic and was always on hand to assist where necessary. From the moment we checked in we felt at home. We were upgraded to a deluxe room and provided with many extras including a bottle of champagne on the night we got engaged! We were also fortunate enough to be able to use the house car on 3 occasions. The room was amazing and the bed was the most comfortable bed in the world!!! Would definitely recommend this hotel!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Olivia G
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We actually stayed in this hotel back in March 2011, when it had just opened. (The introductory rate certainly helped!)

It was an absolutely fabulous hotel, and our stay was made even better by some very helpful 'concierging', if there is such a word! My wife's birthday fell during our stay and I wanted to surprise her with a meal at a top restaurant. My attempts to book this by myself from the UK met were completely unsuccessful.

A brief e-mail to the concierge desk explaining my request was quickly acknowledged and within about a day, I received a further e-mail confirming that the hotel had secured a dinner reservation for us at Daniel's.

Our room was extremely spacious by New York standards, and the bathroom wonderfully luxurious.

The hotel is located on Fifth Avenue, within the shadow of the Empire State Building and perfectly reasonable walking distance of Central Park.

I imagine the price has gone up since our visit, but we would certainly love to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I took my two kids to this beautiful, modern hotel for the Easter weekend and everything was fantastic. As we arrived at curbside, the valet greeted me, handed me the valet ticket and welcomed us inside to check in while he attended to the bags. Check in was warm and friendly and the valet led us to our room. Our room was a studio king on the 9th floor overlooking 5th Avenue. The room was modern and spacious at 825 sq. ft..The bathroom was large and luxurious with a deep soaking tub and a separate shower. The bathroom mirror had a TV built into it which really was a nice feature. The bed was extremely comfortable and the spaciousness of the room was perfect. The beverages in the minibar were complimentary and there was buttons near the nightstand that would open and close the curtains. I heard no noises from hotel and the heating/cooling system was whisper quiet. Outside traffic noise was negligible. The staff was warm and friendly and housekeeping did a great job maintaining our room. We loved the Setai Fifth Avenue. I would return there without hesitation. It is highly recommend.

1  Thank saint22