“"As good as it gets"”

Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #19 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Setai Fifth Avenue is one of the great hotels in NYC and in the world. Having celebrated a memorable 25th wedding anniversary there, why not use some poetic licence! “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways”:
The welcome, the courtesy, the professionalism and the friendliness of all the staff. The extraordinary comfort, facilities and amenities in the rooms, the complimentary soft drinks in room minibar, the Nespresso coffee machine, and even the best bath tub in any hotel anywhere! The most important thing when you are not sleeping in the comfort of your own bed – the extraordinarily comfortable Duxiana bed for the weary traveller in need of a great night’s sleep. How can anyone forget the transportation treat of the Maserati and the magnificent city views ?
The Setai Fifth Avenue provides you with a superlative hotel experience and it sets the benchmark for any hotel striving for perfection. Please do not read this review or any of the other glowing reviews in disbelief. It is more brilliant than the reviews. Simply, this hotel is “as good as it gets”. As I mentioned when we checked out - What a start to the next 25 years!
Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Request a room with view of Empire State!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Expectation123

Reviewed March 25, 2013

One of the best hotels I have stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Being a smaller hotel made it feel more friendly and the staff always remembered you and took time to talk to you. Will certainly use it again if in New York.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim655
Reviewed March 24, 2013

a great stay punctuated by incredible service, a great suite, a top class spa, nice bar and premium location, with a maserati as the house car. this is for sure one of NYCs top hotels and highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver S
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I surprised my husband for his 40th birthday with a trip to NYC. I was referred to Setai from a travel contact and was so happy I listened to their suggestion. The staff was pleasant, consistently used our names, Brett showed us to our room and highlighted all the features for us and even told us how to use the nespresso machine. We stayed in the standard King room that didn't have a view but really we didn't care. The room was wonderful. Clean, contemporary sleek design. The bathroom and the mini bar was our favorite parts. As a bonus when we came back to our room after going to dinner, we came back to chocolate covered strawberries with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate. It was sooooo nice and a wonderful addition to our stay. Room service for breakfast was perfect!! They setup a table for the 2 of us. We were a little slow eating though enjoying our morning so they were ready for us before we were done but they quickly apologized and told us to take our time. The food was delicious!! The cookies left on our pillows each night was another favorite of mine (I have a sweet tooth!). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! The staff was wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I simply can't imagine a finer hotel experience. From staff, to room, to facilities, to location, to cleanliness, to ambiance, you name it. The Setai is truly a 5-star experience. Also try the amazing restaurant - Ai Fiori. It is transcendent!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SCD7131
Reviewed March 18, 2013

What a great hotel in a wonderful location for exploring the city on foot. We were upgraded to a suite on arrival which was a perfect space with great views. The free soft drinks and nespresso coffee were a lovely touch, the beds so comfortable you would want to stay in them all day and the bathroom simply stunning.

All staff could not have been more helpful, I really cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

What a shame there isn't a bar at a higher level as this would be the icing on the cake with the wonderful views.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tjg1969
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband, Goddaughter and I stayed here for three nights in September 2012. The first thing I noticed when we entered the hotel was the scent. The Setai has the most beautiful, calming scent that to this day I think about! The staff was sincerely kind and helpful.
I had purchased tickets on line at home for the Empire State Building. Somehow, I lost them. I called the front desk to see if I could check our car that they had parked for us. They volunteered to do it for us. No luck. The concierge gave us tickets!
Ohhhh...AND they had a complimentary Maserati with driver available to take us where we wanted! We did stay in a suite. I don't know if Maserati was for all guests or guests in suites? It was really convenient and cool! The driver was so knowledgeable. He gave us some great ideas of little out of the was places to eat.
We got late night room service dessert as a treat for my goddaughter. Everything was fresh and delicious.
The room was immaculate and very modern. Our room had very high ceilings. There was a tv in the mirror in the bathroom. Cool!
I can not wait to go back to the Setai!!!!

Room Tip: While our room was perfect for us, it did not have a view. It doesn't matter to us, but if that...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family