“Excellent hotel in perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue

Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #27 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel in perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

What a great hotel in a wonderful location for exploring the city on foot. We were upgraded to a suite on arrival which was a perfect space with great views. The free soft drinks and nespresso coffee were a lovely touch, the beds so comfortable you would want to stay in them all day and the bathroom simply stunning.

All staff could not have been more helpful, I really cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

What a shame there isn't a bar at a higher level as this would be the icing on the cake with the wonderful views.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tjg1969

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband, Goddaughter and I stayed here for three nights in September 2012. The first thing I noticed when we entered the hotel was the scent. The Setai has the most beautiful, calming scent that to this day I think about! The staff was sincerely kind and helpful.
I had purchased tickets on line at home for the Empire State Building. Somehow, I lost them. I called the front desk to see if I could check our car that they had parked for us. They volunteered to do it for us. No luck. The concierge gave us tickets!
Ohhhh...AND they had a complimentary Maserati with driver available to take us where we wanted! We did stay in a suite. I don't know if Maserati was for all guests or guests in suites? It was really convenient and cool! The driver was so knowledgeable. He gave us some great ideas of little out of the was places to eat.
We got late night room service dessert as a treat for my goddaughter. Everything was fresh and delicious.
The room was immaculate and very modern. Our room had very high ceilings. There was a tv in the mirror in the bathroom. Cool!
I can not wait to go back to the Setai!!!!

Room Tip: While our room was perfect for us, it did not have a view. It doesn't matter to us, but if that...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Becky Y
Harlingen, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am an Interior Designer and very "picky" about where I stay while traveling. Cleanliness, design, bed linens all so important to me. My experience at The Setai NY was amazing. The staff was extremely helpful, it could not have been more perfect! When I arrived my room was upgraded from a standard to a superior for no reason.....Made for a wonderful experience. Also, the flowers in the lobby were out of this world gorgeous!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Teriby
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I loved it from the minute we walked in. Everyone was so friendly. The rooms where so amazing. I slept till 10am the next day. I seriously could not get out of bed, in NYC! The Lux bed are the most comfortable beds. We loved the complementary mini bar, nice touch! Food service was fast and delish. We did the Aqua Lounge for $50 and it was a fun way to hang out with my friend. The spa was well kept and very nice. I want to move there....forever. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank yayajones
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here in Feb this year, it was raining when we arrived so we were upgraded to a huge room - great news!

The rooms are stunning, immaculate, lovely walk in wardrobe and huge bath tub! The location is great too, a few buildings up from the Empire State.

The bar on the ground floor felt a little soulless though, it could definitely be made to be a bit more special - with nicer furniture/design, even a log fire. Bit of a shame as it made you not want to hang around at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ExcursionHero
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Wow...The Setai Hotel is situated perfectly in the Heart of New York on Fifth Avenue.
The Hotel is new and the rooms are lavishly large with modern Italian styling, comfortable beds with fantastic en suite bathroom facilities.
We stayed for 4 nights recently in a Double Deluxe King Room booked through an agency in England and the package included breakfast which we enjoyed in our room every morning over looking 5th Ave.
The staff from the maids to management all have your best interests at heart and often go out of their way to display it.
Positives....Everything
Negatives.....Honestly we are struggling to write anything at all.

Room Tip: I honestly think if you can afford to stay here then you owe it to yourself to do so.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank auris246
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed there for 5 nights with wife in a studio suite.

Positives:

Rooms: Very nicely done, spacious by NY standards, with all the amenities. Decor is modern (somewhat of a Zen concept). The only two nitpicks here would be that the lighting is dim, even with all the lights on, and views aren't that great.

Service: Top notch, gracious, friendly, and knowledgeable. They really go out of the way to make sure your stay is comfortable. I've been writing reviews on this site for a long time and don't usually spend much time talking about the service (wife and I generally prefer to be left alone), but here it's worth a mention.

F&B: Good bar, but not very private since there seem to be many non-guests. Breakfast was decent, didn't have chance to try dinner.

Negatives:

Location: Hotel is on 37th and Fifth, a few blocks from Korea Town, and quite honestly not the best-looking part of town. I used to live in NY for 15 yrs so I know my way around the city, and this location is not going to be to everyone's liking. It's somewhat centrally located (not that far from wherever you're going), but then again it's really not walkable from anything (other than K-Town and perhaps Times Square if you're in the mood for a long walk). I was at this hotel for a function and I liked this hotel a lot, but for us location wasn't ideal since we like to eat and hang out in SoHo and West Village. If your interests take you more uptown, similar concerns. I think this hotel's location is best suited for people who are relatively new to NYC, whose itinerary takes them all over the place. Otherwise, our personal preference is to stay downtown near our interests, or go for something upscale near Central Park

Overall, this is a solid choice for a trip to NYC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business