“Trip of a Lifetime”

Langham Place, New York
Ranked #18 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Booked the Setai for our 5th Wedding Anniversary and from start to finish it was an experience to be had. The service was impeccable and nothing like I have ever received. Newspaper to your door every morning, arranging of taxi's at a drop of a hat.
Il Fiori the restaurant was also fabulous. Although we never had dinner in the michilin star standard restaurant, we did have Breakfast each morning which was truly out of this world.

Located a block down from the Empire State Building and 7 minute walk from Times Square, it is in an ideal location for shopping and sightseeing.
Not really anything special in the form of views from the Hotel but if you are looking for views..go to a hotel in Tuscany or Florence, Italy!

I would highly recommend the Setai and just hope that whenever you get there you will have the privilege to meet the best bellman in all of NYC.

1  Thank trudub

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Booked the Setai for my brother's honeymoon
really top hotel
I had booked a studio room and they were upgraded because of the honeymoon
the spa (expensive !) was good as well
ggod choice; the hotel was so nice they even had dinner in their room

Reviewed March 3, 2013

From the pre-arrival notes from the hotel personal assistant to the warm reception given as a returning guest, I thoroughly enjoyed the warmth and welcome received throughout my recent visit.
Eating in Il Fiore was a culinary delight. The server was well-versed in everything on the menu that evening, and was as enthusiastic as most likely was the chef bout the choices that evening as well as the preparation.
My companion and I thoroughly enjoyed the 4-course prix fixe selections ... enough variety and portion size so that we were not stuffed from overeating.
Every staff person we encountered during our visit was most pleasant, smiled and extended warm greetings. The check-in and check-out process is seamless and efficient ... the personal assistant and other front area staff persons most accomodating.

When I next want to stay in mid-Manhattan ... this is where to find me!

2  Thank KennethG52
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Full disclosure: I used a discount booking site where one learns the hotel after paying. I expected luxurious surroundings but mediocre service. I was wrong, the service was above and beyond! (Right about the surroundings, the room was great.)

We had just come from the Caribbean and our cold weather clothes were a mess after being in storage. No problem, they'll send someone up to collect the items, press them, and even deliver them earlier than initially asked. Not only did this save us the time of running around Manhattan to find a launderer but they didn't charge us for the service; first 5 pieces are complimentary.

After a day of walking around the city my husband needed his shoes polished before heading to the ballet. They were picked up and returned in 15 minutes! Again, we were amazed how swiftly this was done and with no charge.

Both day's breakfast were delivered in a timely manner and delicious. My husband did complain the eggs were cold but come on, realistic expectations here, the cook is not frying them in the hall! The espresso machine in the room was great too. And we both loved that we could grab a soda from the mini-bar and not wince at the usual $5 charge- all drinks are free.

The room was nice, I find it hard to say much about a room... it was larger than I expected, bed was comfortable, nice large closet, good storage space in the bathroom (something I'm beginning to notice is an issue w/ many hotels), loved the deep bathtub. Not so in love with the scent of the bath products or the lobby, it was a bit like Abercrombie, over perfumed, but a minor flaw.

Overall, I'm very glad we got this hotel for our last hurrah before heading home. We felt very well taken care of and it was a perfect ending to our honeymoon (we didn't tell anyone, so we weren't given any special treatment) We'd love to stay here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting New York.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Bar on Fifth (Setai Hotel Lobby Bar) is upscale with excellent drinks and excellent service. Between 8pm - 11pm you will enjoy the live jazz band. The drinks are pricey at about $16 which is normal for NYC. They also provide you with a nice little dish with nuts/pretzels/etc.. Just down the street from the NYC Public Library and Lord & Taylor. We did not stay at the hotel, drinks only.

1  Thank moxiefox
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My first visit to The Setai which was comfortable but was expecting much more based on what I had heard. Location is not so good but manageable. My company has much traffic into the City and we will not necessarily return when we have many other choices.

We asked to speak with a senior manager to discuss some problems and it seemed asking too much. Our planner received a voice mail instead of an in person meeting.

The food was good but stayed out for sometime. The servers did not always look clean and neat.
Reception personnel absent from area many times during our breaks when needed.
Rooms were large and satisfying.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been staying at the Setai for the weekend in a King deluxe room. The staff was very welcoming and nice. The private assistant I contacted over email before our trip arranged all our dinner plans and we loved all the places she picked. Also we couldnt come the weekend before, because our flight was cancelled due to a snow storm and the hotel waved any fees. The room was big, which sometimes in New York can be a problem. Overall it felt clean and slick. The location is great, if you come as a tourist. We really liked it and would stay there again.