2,532 results
All reviewsai fiorififth avenuethe empire state buildinghouse caral fioritv in the mirrornew yorknespresso machinewasher and dryerfamily suiteturn down servicefive star hotelhuge bathroomconcierge teamfour seasonsroom servicefull kitchen
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Hi stayed 4 nights in october.
Chose setai NYC because of LHW and TA reviews.

Sadly too much hype and too much attitude- but its all relative.
You are in NYC after all and well its all relative - baseline prices up baseline service down.

The bad:
- terrible attitude in their signature restaurant ( ate their once and only once
Like most upmarket establishments in USA gratuity automatically added- for those outside of USA we find this weird. Anyway gratuity added and then they ask you for a tip at time of sign off)
-maserati house car - is it real
Never saw it and was always busy when asked
-erratic service
-poorly maintained rooms- leaking shower, chipped stained bathroom, blocked toilet
- erratic personal assistant service
- odd location - middle of fifth ave busy but really middle of nowhere
Neither uptown midtown or downtown.

The good:
- nice size rooms rest of world but ok great size rooms in NYC
-front desk staff mariana very helpful and just delightful
Helped us in crisis getting out when there was a parade blocking fifth ave and very much appreciated.
- great spa
- great gym but errratic gym service from attendants
- amazing head massuer at spa was best massage ever had
- responsive manager who responded promptly and appropriately when concerns raised

Summary: a very good property
Def worth a stay
Expensive but huge rooms for NYC
Good spa
Great gym
Good LHW acknowledgement
And in time of need were very helpful
So yes I will def be back

Room Tip: High floor empire state view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Aussietraveller715
AnneMauriceDOS, Director of Sales at The Langham New York Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We appreciate the comments which we have shared with the respective departments. Ai Fiori, though housed in the Hotel is supervised and managed by the Alta Marea Group. While we have a close working relationship, the staff ot the restaurant is independent of the hotel. Though not an excuse, we are somewhat limited in the execution at the restaurant. We have indeed had challenges with parts of our Maserati. This matter has now been resolved. We have made note of the plumbling challenges you incurred and again, appreciate you highlighting them.

We look forward to your return to The Setai Fifth Avenue. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your future reservations. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 212-613-8733.

Anne-J Maurice

Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you are those who think we got to be cheap and is only there to sleep, this is not for you!
I visited NYC now, and I noticed that finding a good hotel with a reasonable price, in the city is not an easy task! They are usually expensive and the rooms are minimal, and the care is not always compatible with the value of the fare paid. Or he has a reasonable fare, but is a fleabag! Difficult is not it? Cheap and good Hotel in New York I never found!
How I use always lot the Leading Hotels of the World, I looked at their relationship with one that was a promotion for the duration of my stay in the city, I found the The Setai Fifth Avenue.
Located at number 400 Fifht Avenue, the hotel is really very good, the staff is amazing, polite and efficient, and I'll tell you one thing, I'm picky! Mrs Sohee and Kimberly concierges are perfect! It is well located, new and has large rooms.
The amenities are excellent! The Breakfast is perfect!
On this stay I have only praise for this hotel. Will be back soon! Wait for us!

Room Tip: Choose a suite!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carmo_Brasil
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Magnificent hotel with professional and friendly staff. As we were staying 7 nights they upgraded us to a bigger room.
The very large bed was extremely comfortable and the same with the pillows.
The Nespresso machine, the complimentary drinks and water in the room all free of charge were a lovely touch.
The free wi-fi was excellent too.
The location within walking distance of Empire State Building, Times Square, theaters, etc. is just terrific.
The Setai Hotel made our stay in New York unforgettable and we definitely would love to return to this hotel !!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Tandem2
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Althought it is not a cheap hotel, we love this property! This is our fourth time here and the quality of the rooms and the staff are very good, high level service, very professional! We like the Capella King Room, which has a nice sitting room inside the room itself and is cheaper than a suite! The spa is good, the gym is fantastic - Technogym equipments and very well equipped! The location is also great. It is in Midtown, Bryant Park is very close, and it is easy to move uptown or downtown by taxi, if you want! Times Square and Broadway shows are also nearby! The personal assistant - it is like your private concierge - is very efficient and helpful. One night, I needed to put a cold pack for back pain in the freezer, and they provided me everything. The other day, I asked a reservation in Eleven Madison Park Restaurant - which is difficult to get! They called me and confirmed it as I requested! We stayed at Plaza Athenee, Trump Soho, Trump International, ecc. but we still prefer The Setai! The bathroom, the spacious closet area and the nice colors of the decoration make you feel at home!

Room Tip: Capella King Room, there are some facing the Empire State building, ask for them!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

As someone who has worked in the hotel industry and who shopped (inspected) upscale hotels and been a guest of many all over the world, I must sadly say that The Setai NYC does not live up to it's promise. First the good part-/rooms are unbelievably large with beautiful baths. Unfortunately they are devoid of any warmth. And speaking of warmth, I had to call my "personal assistant" for several blankets because my room was so very cold. With the temperature set way above
70, I could not get the room over 68. Why would a hotel of this caliber not have a true concierge staff headed up by a member of the clefs d'or? I called prior to arrival to ask about theatre tickets and the personal assistant had no idea what show (on Broadway) that I was speaking about. First thing she asked me was had I gone online to Telecharge to look for tickets. Huh? During my first day at the hotel I again called my assistant for dinner reservations within the hotel. This time I was told to call the restaurant directly. I guess I am unclear as to what the staff is there for. They are nice young people, but woefully undertrained. First evening I asked the doorman for a taxi. He never greeted me or made eye contact. He seemed preoccupied with the headsets that he was wearing and asked me several times where I was going.
On the plus side, front desk staff was very pleasant and room service and housekeeping could not have been nicer. Great chocolate chp cookies as a snack, but they weren't enough to make me want to book again

• Stayed: October 2012