2,533 results
All reviewsai fiorififth avenuethe empire state buildinghouse caral fioritv in the mirrornew yorknespresso machinewasher and dryerfamily suiteturn down servicefive star hotelhuge bathroomconcierge teamfour seasonsroom servicefull kitchen
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Magnificent hotel with professional and friendly staff. As we were staying 7 nights they upgraded us to a bigger room.
The very large bed was extremely comfortable and the same with the pillows.
The Nespresso machine, the complimentary drinks and water in the room all free of charge were a lovely touch.
The free wi-fi was excellent too.
The location within walking distance of Empire State Building, Times Square, theaters, etc. is just terrific.
The Setai Hotel made our stay in New York unforgettable and we definitely would love to return to this hotel !!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Tandem2
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Althought it is not a cheap hotel, we love this property! This is our fourth time here and the quality of the rooms and the staff are very good, high level service, very professional! We like the Capella King Room, which has a nice sitting room inside the room itself and is cheaper than a suite! The spa is good, the gym is fantastic - Technogym equipments and very well equipped! The location is also great. It is in Midtown, Bryant Park is very close, and it is easy to move uptown or downtown by taxi, if you want! Times Square and Broadway shows are also nearby! The personal assistant - it is like your private concierge - is very efficient and helpful. One night, I needed to put a cold pack for back pain in the freezer, and they provided me everything. The other day, I asked a reservation in Eleven Madison Park Restaurant - which is difficult to get! They called me and confirmed it as I requested! We stayed at Plaza Athenee, Trump Soho, Trump International, ecc. but we still prefer The Setai! The bathroom, the spacious closet area and the nice colors of the decoration make you feel at home!

Room Tip: Capella King Room, there are some facing the Empire State building, ask for them!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

As someone who has worked in the hotel industry and who shopped (inspected) upscale hotels and been a guest of many all over the world, I must sadly say that The Setai NYC does not live up to it's promise. First the good part-/rooms are unbelievably large with beautiful baths. Unfortunately they are devoid of any warmth. And speaking of warmth, I had to call my "personal assistant" for several blankets because my room was so very cold. With the temperature set way above
70, I could not get the room over 68. Why would a hotel of this caliber not have a true concierge staff headed up by a member of the clefs d'or? I called prior to arrival to ask about theatre tickets and the personal assistant had no idea what show (on Broadway) that I was speaking about. First thing she asked me was had I gone online to Telecharge to look for tickets. Huh? During my first day at the hotel I again called my assistant for dinner reservations within the hotel. This time I was told to call the restaurant directly. I guess I am unclear as to what the staff is there for. They are nice young people, but woefully undertrained. First evening I asked the doorman for a taxi. He never greeted me or made eye contact. He seemed preoccupied with the headsets that he was wearing and asked me several times where I was going.
On the plus side, front desk staff was very pleasant and room service and housekeeping could not have been nicer. Great chocolate chp cookies as a snack, but they weren't enough to make me want to book again

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Hotelshopper1
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The staff here is amazing! Constant correspondence before I arrived by the hotels personal assistants made sure my stay would be worry free.
No matter how crazy my demands, they got it done; Bar seats at Masa on 2 days notice, done; cliff bars in room before arrival, done; lost in the city with 7 friends and need a vehicle to take them all around, done! The staff here made my trip extremely pleasant and enjoyable. I will stay nowhere else in New York but here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the Setai last year and returned this year, on arrival at the hotel the doorman greeted us and welcomed us back and said it was nice to see us again and collected our luggage from our car,nice start to the visit.
Greeted at the desk and informed our room was not available yet, which was fine as it was 11.30am we had arrived in NY on the Queen Mary 2 so we were early, waited in the lounge bar area until around 1.30 room still not avail, so went out for lunch came back at 3.30 still not avail, at this point they decided to upgrade our room rather than keep us waiting any longer, which we appreciated, not sure if I would have waited any longer, obviously the no check in/out time works fantastically as long as the hotel is not full!
The room was gratefully accepted and appreciated.
There was a little event going on in town the United nations convention, and the hotel was a little busy with a few diplomats and presidents plus security floating around, but this did not impact on our visit at all, until one day a security guy looked me up and down (not the usual staff who always most friendly and polite) and questioned if I was staying at the hotel, maybe he thought someone wearing shorts and a t shirt would not be staying at the Setai? Flashed the room key and in we went.
All went well during our four night stay until our departure, on checking the bill it had been charged to the wrong card I was assured it would be changed, got back to the UK to find the bill had been charged to my card in error, which has just been refunded to my card after eleven days, after many phone calls and emails to the hotel and visa, I am still awaiting a part refund for the difference in the exchange rates that the banks had the nerve to charge me,which amounts to a couple of hundred dollars, if the total had been a couple of hundred dollars I would not have pursued it as much but as it was $4000 it needed dealing with asap, an awful lot of work for something which should never have happened as I felt I had dealt with this before my departure on the 24th sept, everyone was very apologetic about the issue but I really could have done without all this hassle, Thanks for the stay Setai it was great except for the issue and work on my return home.
PS. Hopefully next time on check out I wont be asked to leave via the staff entrance (not so attractive as the hotel, concrete is not an attractive colour) so as to let Mr Clinton come in the front.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple