“Really, really love this hotel in NYC”

Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #24 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Really, really love this hotel in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

I travel to NYC for both business and pleasure several times a year and will admit I am a hotel snob. In NY with so much to do and see, it says a lot that I had to be dragged out of my room. From the amazing bathroom, cappucino machine (a highlight for me), desk with great light and very comfortable bed - I have only rave reviews. The staff were friendly (hard to find with so many union hotels/staff) and remembered my name each day. Great location - can't wait to return next week. Natalie from SC

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Natalie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
home
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

The Setai is where we chose to celebrate our first ever trip to NYC and our 20th wedding anniversary. Our stay was the 2nd week of December, a very busy time in the city. The Setai was the perfect place to escape after our busy days out and about. We were very happy not to have choosen to stay in the Times Square area that had been recommended by family. That area is crazy busy and not very relaxing. It was wonderful to be centrally located and yet have some peace and quiet to relax in.
The room was perfect for the two of us. We appreciated the extras the Setai offers. Everything from the umbrella in the room, the small box of gourmet chocolates, the evening pretzel with hot mustard to the lovely bar area downstairs, nespresso machine, fine in room china, complimentary water and sodas. Everything is thought of at the Setai...our favorite hotel experience yet!
A special thank you to the lovely waitress in the lounge who comped us a warm hot toddy our first night when we were caught in a downpour. We came in late looking like drowned rats and she made us feel right at home. Truly first class.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ranchomom
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have been visiting NYC for the last 38 years, and this is the best hotel I know in this city

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Buford, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Very courteous and well trained staff--not smarmy, but pleasant, willing to do what it takes to please in a professional way.

Small Hotel--has a restaurant that is very expensive--we never ate there, but it was decorated very upscale. Expensive room service as well, but not uncommon for a class NYC hotel.

Rooms are very contemporary in style-if you are not a fan of contemporary style this is not the place for you. However, it is upscale contemporary and very well done. We stayed in a studio suite and the room was larger than what you would normally see in a NYC hotel, with a large bathroom with separate tub and shower, TV behind the mirror in the bathroom, etc.

Bed was a single mattress platform bed, but very comfortable. Automatic drapes, free soft drinks and water placed in the room every day--very nice. Excellent free fitness center.

My wife prefers the traditional styling of Ritz type hotels, but we both thought this hotel was top notch and deserving of the 5 star rating.

Room Tip: Get a room higher than the 10th floor to escape the street noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Key West
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stayed at the hotel arriving December 24th for six nights. I will not repeat the rave reviews for this hotel only confirm that they are all true. I love the location of this hotel for ease of walking either north or south to great neighborhoods, sights and restaurants. We booked an Avenue apartment and if you have spent anytime in hotels in Manhattan you are going to be blown away by the finishes and size......I have friends who live in Manhattan and this accomodation was larger than any other homes. Great hotel and staff and will definitely return.

Room Tip: There are 40 avenue apartments in this hotel. The 05 is a center apartment and very quiet.......the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank kecoco
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Setai and it ranks amongst the three best hotels I have ever stayed in, the other 2 being the 4 seasons in Hong Kong and the Setai Miami (the reason I chose this hotel). The service and staff where perfect from arrival to check out, the avenue apartement I stayed in was spacious and luxurious. I dont usually write reviews but I think this hotel deserved a mention especially Frank the door man and Robert the bar man, two of the best hotel staff I have ever come across. I will now not stay any where else when I am in New York.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank JoelLevack
Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

Spent two nights at this Amazingly beautiful hotel just before Christmas for my first two nights in New York. The room was so beautiful with a view of the Empire State Building right outside my window. On the 16th floor which was just perfect and a gorgeous view of the city. The check-in staff was so welcoming, as were the bellmen, housekeeping staff and everyone I came in contact with during my stay. The bed was the best I've ever slept in and I slept like a rock both nights. I want one for my home. The room was so spacious and comfortable with a sitting area, desk and two TV's in main room, and even one in the bathroom, that I couldn't decide where to be first. Bathroom was spacious and elegant and tons of closet space. Great soaking tub. I had a terrific massage in the spa and spent several hours there taking advantage of the steam room, sauna and all that it had to offer. What a terrific way to begin my holiday season. I can't wait to return and stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view and are probably quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo