“WOW”
Review of Marc Forgione

Marc Forgione
Reserve with OpenTable
Marc Forgione is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #648 of 14,026 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson Street
Transit: A, C, E, 1, 2 & 3 trains to Chambers Street.
Description: Marc Forgione features Chef Marc Forgione’s laid-back yet high-style approach to New American cuisine in a comfortable and energetic atmosphere. Menus change frequently to showcase fresh ingredients and new twists on seasonal American favorites.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Highly recommend. Great everything! Food, drinks, staff and did I mention food? We had one of the best meals we have had in NY for a long time. Make reservations in advance, try the chefs menu of the day. Keep up the excellent work! We will be back the next time we are in the city.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This restaurant was a great to end our trip in NYC. From wonderful a wonderful latte to a bottomless glass of champange. We orderd waffles, egg popover, buckwheat pancakes and the special omlete of the day. We cleaned our plates. The service was wonderful as well. Highly recommend this place for brunch!!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Ok. This is quality! My wife and I almost stumbled into this fine dining establishment. We had no reservations but they kindly accommodated us. This is a French Laundry competitor with a much lower price. You can get the entire tasting menu, a 2 1/2 hour dining experience, for just $99. We didn't do it because we didn't have 2 1/2 hours. We opted for the chicken for two cooked under a brick. Only $49 for two. They gave us all the fresh, hot bread we wanted, and a lovely chef's bite before the meal came. Desserts were decadent. Located just north of Ground Zero. This place deserves an evening in New York.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have to admit, I had high expectations and hopes for our first time here. The service was that perfect blend of attention and invisibility the entire time - kudos to everyone in front of house. I had read the menu online before we came and had my heart set on the venison, only it was not on the menu - in fact, about one third of the online menu was not on the actual menu - so be warned about getting attached to something you read about first. There are of course many reasons why they differ, and our waitress was more than happy to share the backstory.

The wine list (and by the glass) are all inventive and thoughtful. I can't remember seeing Txakoli on a menu like this before...so respect.

The duck with tamarind and the scallops were just spot-on in every way. I had to resist the urge to cram everything in my mouth in one set of gleeful bites and tried to savor all I could. We ended by sharing the blueberry torta (a moist cake) with corn ice cream. It had that savory dessert element that worked instead of just feeling odd - oh that corn ice cream.....

The place gets noisy and we had to lean in a lot to share conversation at times. The music is mostly rock and roll and it does create a certain atmosphere no doubt. It is not a stuffy place or one that is too twee. You could walk in dressed up or in jeans and feel fine, and the music seems to remind me of that.

It was a hell of a special meal that I will remember. Go, just go.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Unique cocktails & delicious appetizers/small plates. The chef sends out an amuse-bouche for each table--both times I've visited, it's been mini Everything bagels with veggie cream cheese (literally quarter-sized). Great atmosphere in Tribeca, and a fun spot for a date or getting together with friends.

1  Thank Laura L