“Get to know Central Park to appreciate it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Private Horse and Carriage Ride in Central Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a Central Park bike rental and top rated New York City Tour from our large selection of Central Park tours. We offer Central Park walking tours, bike tours, carriage tours, pedicab tours and much more.
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Get to know Central Park to appreciate it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Took the Walking Tour. Had a fantastic time. Small group of five. Licensed tour guide Stan, was extremely knowledgable about the park, it's trees, geology, birds and famous use of the park in print & movies. Stan was very willing to answer questions, even to my 9 year old granddaughter. He made the tour seem like we were discovering things together, as through there wasn't a planned route. He was considerate enough to end the tour where it would take us to our afternoon plans. It was a highlight of our visit to NYC. I highly recommend it!

• Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bike Rental for 4 hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I bought a Groupon for 2 bikes for 4 hours. It was such a great way to see the city and the park. I highly recommend you give yourself more than 3 hours. I also recommend that you stay away from the bike tracks on the Northern part of central park if you are not in shape- there are so many hills, and we had to take many breaks.

The staff was helpful. There were 2 workers who were probably 19-23 years old. The shop didn't have any AC, so I assume it gets pretty hot in there during the summer. They provided a basket, bike lock and map. The map is not that helpful, so bring your own. You should know that bikes are not allowed on regular paths in central park, and it's difficult to find a place to lock them up.

2 Thank Stephanie A
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Make sure you stop off and have a champagne cocktail at the boathouse in Central Park when you are walking thru the Park. It is a great little pleasure

Phoenix, Arizona
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Central Park is just Beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I would recommend this tour to learn about Central Park and to just spend time in it. It is informational and relaxing even in the 90+ degree weather we had. Our tour guide was laid back and went at a comfortable pace for all. Get the New York Pass to save money on this and other tours while in this city.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank bsilly
Bowling Green, Kentucky
211 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 212 helpful votes
“Efficiency at it's finest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Easy enough to find and reservations were held even after having to change days due to weather. We booked online which was much cheaper than the discounts given on the street. We got here about 10am on Memorial Day (holiday seems like a bad idea right?) Well we waited in a 10 min. line and kept seeing the bikes go out the door. We handed them an ID to keep on file and were ready to go. They were getting low on bikes and when it got to be our turn they were prepared except my bike didn't have a basket, which I needed to carry my purse and put a bike lock in (both of which are free with a rental, that is, if your bike has the proper attachment on it) So, it was either wait or go out the door without. I managed even though it would have been nice, but I didn't want to wait. We also weren't given helmets, but that could've been the same issue as not having enough at the time. All the excitement and we forgot to ask. They said your time didn't start until you go out the door, but I'm not sure how they would track that so precisely because they don't clock you as you go out the door, but I guess they add time to when you check in. My bike looked brand new and was a nice ride. No issue when turning the bikes in either. For being busy they seemed pretty efficient and we would return. We got the bikes for 3 hours and biked entirely around central park (close to 8 miles). We stopped to fish and wished we had more time to relax with the nice weather that day. We were a bit rushed at the end and there were more hills than I expected so it wasn't so fun being in a hurry and pedaling up hills on the west side of the park. Good workout though.

Visited May 2013