“Good, but avoid wet days.”

Central Park Sightseeing
Book In Advance
More Info
$68.14*
and up
Private Horse and Carriage Ride in Central Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a Central Park bike rental and top rated New York City Tour from our large selection of Central Park tours. We offer Central Park walking tours, bike tours, carriage tours, pedicab tours and much more.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

So long as you're armed with an online discount, this place is pretty decent. The bikes were good. However, we were there on a day when it had rained earlier. The bikes have no mud guards. Each of us had mud sprayed all over our backs by the time we finished the single loop around Central Park. Be warned.

1  Thank brendan r
Write a ReviewReviews (3,263)
All reviews
"hour tour"
in 53 reviews
"strawberry fields"
in 51 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 33 reviews
"take photos"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed December 13, 2012

A beautiful place. Miles of parkland and lots of musicians, horse tours and bike rides to choose from. We figured out the settings for lots of films here. It was wonderful.

1  Thank Nathaen M
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Their bikes are not the fanciest, but just make sure that the tires are fully inflated and that the wheels spin freely and you'll have a great time bicycling in NYC....the bike map is very helpful for determining the designated bike lanes in Manhattan and otbe nearby boroughs. And of course you are just blocks away from Central Park for pedaling there.

I had a mechanical failure with the bike (a random accident, not my fault) and they could not have been nicer about replacing my bike, no questions asked. I rented from this outfit on threre occasions over an 8-day NYC visit and recommend them highly. Plus they provide helmets and bike locks....the full package, and you can book on their site for less than $4 an hour for a 4-hour rental. I was real impressed with this outfit, and I'm not easily impressed.

2  Thank Erik V
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked two 2 hour bike rentals through TravelZoo on line prior to arriving in the city. The deal was to include ice cream and a drink. The deal was $26 which I thought was a really great deal for an activity we were really looking forward to.

Upon arriving at the business we checked in, I showed my voucher on my phone and was asked for the vendor code. Since I'm not the vendor, I did not have this information. Finally the gentleman helping said, "oh, I don't care, just sign here". We were given our bikes, optional helmets and baskets for our bikes. No mention of our ice cream & drink voucher or any further instruction was given. We headed off to the park.

Upon entering the park we were greeted by locals scowling and telling us to get off the path. We saw no signs to this effect until much deeper into the park. We got on the roadway and realized it was one way, we were headed the wrong way, again no signage. We eventually worked it all out and had an enjoyable ride through the park. I do think this is the way to see the park in a rather quick manner. It was a perfect day and of course the park is incredible.

We did ride past a bike rental vendor within the park and I pondered how I would have rather not walked the 3 blocks of side walk down crowed NYC streets to get to the park. I also thought it would have been incredibly helpful to me to be offered a map or some directions before setting out on our bikes. When we returned, we checked our equipment in and again no mention was made of our TravelZoo deal. No biggie as I didn't need those calories anyway, we were headed out to a fabulous dinner spot.

I will say that the bikes we had were in very good condition. I absolutely loved spending a chunk of our warm fall afternoon in the park and on the bikes. I was disappointed with the lack of service for a tourist service.

1  Thank Canafornian