“The Best”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“The Best”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Everything was perfect for my wife and I . The room was comfortable,super clean and quiet.
I don't know how they do it but this is not a small hotel, yet it feels intimate . I suppose the care the staff takes with it's visitors has a lot do do with it. Additionally, the restaurant is terrific, so you should at least try one meal on site.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Andaz5thAveMgr, Assistant Director of Rooms at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Rogukulele,

Thank you for the compliments!

Hoping to see you back again at Andaz 5th Avenue soon.

Best regards,
Ratna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Aberdeenshire
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Picked this hotel based on trip advisor and location and not disappointed.

Location is excellent, very central, close to Grand Central for subway etc.

Lovely rooms, clean, very modern in design but please note that they don't have baths. Also a bit neat on hanging and storage space. Free wifi is convenient.

Staff lovely, complimentary tea & coffee, wine in the evening and minibar soft drinks are useful

As it is city centre, then road noise is to be expected

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gg13533
Andaz5thAveMgr, Assistant Director of Rooms at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear gg13533,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review.

It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Next time try out one of our Splash suites with bath tub. They are really beautiful and extra spacious and have a gorgeous view of the Empire State Building!

Let me know next time you're around so I can say hi!

My best,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I like this hotel very much, and it's a good value for the price.

Key benefits: bright spacious rooms w/ high ceilings, great design, nice lobby area, very friendly front desk staff. Location is terrific right by Grand Central. Great bar in the basement, which is also where the gym is. Card key system in the elevators is good for security.

A few things I might like to see better: when house keeping arrived it was great service, but I had to ask repeatedly for housekeeping. Some nights there was no turndown at all. Also, be aware that in a standard room, there is very little storage space.

Room Tip: Avoid the north tower, which is a hike to get to. The higher the floor, the better off you'll be...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

After one terrible first night at The Quin Hotel we checked out immediately and tried Andaz for the first time.
The best decision.It ranks high on everything particularly cleanliness, service and amazing views. So good we even want to stay 2 more nights. I've stayed at more expensive hotels eg The London NY etc. Andaz beats them all. SUPERB! service from Isaac and Philip at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jisola R
Dear JisolaR,

Thank you for the great feedback.
Happy to know that you found your new favorite hotel in the city!

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

All the best,
Newport Coast
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Just spent 4 nights at the Andaz and loved every minute! Unbelievable 2 bedroom apartment/suite on the 14th floor - spacious and modern with views of Empire State Bldg., Freedom tower, etc visible through the wall of windows - truly spectacular view. Staff is very welcoming and helpful and we loved having a little kitchenette with a fridge. highly recommend but definitely need to be as high as possible due to usual street noise.

Room Tip: Book as high as possible - the two bedroom suites are amazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Andaz5thAveMgr, Assistant Director of Rooms at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Fairwind12,

Thank you for your nice review.
I'm very happy to hear that you had a good time and enjoyed your beautiful 2 bedroom suite!

Hoping to see you again soon.

My best,
New York
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed at this property for one night for leisure. The room decor was very contemporary. I was impressed by the size of the shower and sink area. However, there were little imperfections that prevented me from giving a 5 star rating. The toilet didn't flush properly (I wasn't sure if I wasn't using it right, then realized it just wasn't working). Also, house keeping came at 11:15 am sharp (I wasn't aware of the "earlier" check-out time, I'm still used to a noon check out.) I called the front desk for a late check out and informed the housekeeper. I went back to snoozing and then was woken up 5 min later with a call from housekeeping confirming my late checkout. This seemed a little excessive. Also, front desk wasn't able to see that I was a Diamond status member at check-in and check-out. I'm not sure if this is because I booked the reservation through an outside agency (didn't think this would be an issue.) But as a result, I didn't get a lot of amenities offered to me upfront (late check out, free breakfast, etc.) I will return again if the opportunity arises and hope that my experience will be 5 star worthy!

Room Tip: Ask for the non-alley-way-garbage-pit view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear saisailup,

Thank you for staying with us at Andaz 5th Avenue and for being a loyal Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member. My humble apologies for not recognizing your Diamond status right from the beginning. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon so that we can make up for our faux-pas. Glad to know that you enjoyed the room and the hotel.

Let me know next time you're around so I can say hello.

Kind regards,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Aside from the one misstep on our way out, our two night stay was fantastic. Booked a terrace balcony suite that was a modern minimalist dream. Plenty of room, great views of the old library on 5th Ave. (Booked my brother a standard King. Was nice but modest.) Service in lobby and at front door was casual but warm and friendly. Location is perfect for theater, museums and accessing Grand Central for traveling further afield. GLARING PROBLEM: if you want breakfast between 10:30am and 11:30am in either their coffee shop or restaurant, your outta luck. They stop serving hot food for an hour. So breakfast before going to airport/train station requires going elsewhere. Major hospitality screwup for Hyatt. Breakfast is a 24/7 necessity when you're traveling internationally or transcontinental and having an hour when you can't get any hot food in a New York City hotel is unforgivable. SAVING GRACE: Ratna, the kindly Director of Rooms, had them briefly open the kitchen to make us two to-go breakfast sandwiches. That gesture alone is worth four-star rating. We'll be back in the Fall!

• Stayed July 2014
Hi there,

Thank you for your review and the compliments ;)

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

My very best,