Andaz 5th Avenue
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$187
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$173
$152
$339
$314
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
$166
$135
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$236
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$375
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
2,644 results
All reviewsbryant parkthe ny public librarysplash suitenon alcoholic beveragescomplimentary mini barnorth towernew yorkhyatt pointsloft roomcomplimentary winerain showerlight switcheshuge showerdiamond membertimes squaregrand central stationthe check in process
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Andaz New York for sure is new Hotel experience. Something great, good, mediocre, and bad. They want to be the best hotel, but they (in this authors opion) fall a bit short. The personal attention is something that they have figured out pretty well. Always someone to greet you and make you feel at home. There are casual uniforms and they want you feel as if they are your friends. I was told that management wears a tie, they the” front line” do not.
Wow, what a novel idea everything other than alcohol products are free in your room refrigerator. No longer do you have that obstacle in your room that you must avoid at all costs. Liquid wise you had a few choices, food was either potato chips or a granola bar that was it. Still better than nothing. Wi-Fi was included as it should be in all hotels.
Two Mediocre, I am a 65 year old male that suffers from sleep apnea. I have a cpap machine and I use it religiously. In a cpap machine you are supposed to use distilled water. Three out four people I talked to in the hotel did not know what distilled water was. Finally I did assure myself that they did not have any and I would have to find some myself. I walked to two Duane Reade Drugs stores that had no distilled water and finally had to go to a Walgreens in Times Square. I forgive you for not having it but please tell me where I can purchase some. I did attempt to call the hotel manager, not because I was upset but I thought that he should know the operator trying to protect the manager gave me the voice mail of his number two. Not good! You too should not have a tie.
A $75 breakfast was included with our reservation. Hard to believe $75, but again it was New York and I think an omelet was $17. On our last day we checked out early so they could get the room ready for the next reservation, even though we had about two hours until check out time and when we needed to leave. When I got home I looked at our credit card statement and found $89 charged to our bill for breakfast. $14 above the allowed $75, first how could that be and second why was this not included. We checked out to do the hotel as a favor and now I was being billed for breakfast. I called the hotel a couple of times and the staff were very courteous and took care of this problem.
There is “no free lunch,” the Wi Fi took me about 20 minutes to hooked up to when we checked in and later in the week (we spent five nights) I had to call there service once again.
The showers which the staff was very proud of, actually scared me. At 65 I am not as agile as I would like. The shower is large and I was fearful of slipping and falling. I do not want a handicapped room , but I think the shower could use a couple of safety bars.
Yes I would most likely stay again, if I had the daily room rate, but there are many choice in and below there price range to choose from.

Room Tip: If you are a senior check out the shower, could be great might be bad. A little cost saving advise. Outside the hotel our limos, great, but twice the cost of cabs. Better yet two blacks away are services to all the Airports for around $10 (Less for seniors and if you purchase a round trip) the Andaz staff will be glad to tell you about it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Postman83
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Postman83,

Thank you for staying with us, and for your candid review. I'm glad that you feel we excel in customer service and personal attention, but I would also like to address the areas where you feel we fell short. You are the most important part of our job, and managers at all levels are accessible to you. Often, we try to get you the speediest attention to your call, and our team knows who that is based on our schedule. However, I will make sure that we don't assume this and check with you first. As for your breakfast credit, I'm so sorry that you even had to inquire regarding this. Although I'm glad to hear we were able to resolve this with a friendly attitude, this absolutely should have been taken care of in advance, and I apologize that it was not.

Please feel free to reach out to me at connie.wang@andaz.com so that we can make a room assignment recommendation for you on the best shower to suit your needs, and assist in making your next visit a "great-all-around" one! Based on your information, I can also follow up with your wifi question, as we usually get very positive feedback on the strength and speed of our system.

Warm regards,

Connie

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend and I have to say this is an incredible property. Excellent location at the heart of Manhattan, with chic rooms and decor, and almost an entirely free mini bar (excluding alcohol). Every hotel I stay at is now compared to the Andaz on 5th. I will spring the extra monies next time I visit NYC.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

First time at this Hyatt property, as a Diamond HGP, received an upgraded suite... it was a massive hotel room... separate living room, sleeping area, hallway with with a lot of closets, and huge bathroom. Included a 'pantry' area with microwave, sink, near full size refrigerator (all items comp except for beer and liquor), and nepresso coffee machine. A few quirks though in this room... the light controls were 'touch pads' and aside from being senstive to the touch (turning lights on/off that we didn't want), the control pad for the bath room was in the hallway, which meant hunting down the halllway in the dark to find it, press it and peeking into the bathroom to find out if on or not (w/o bathing the sleeping area in light). Also, there is no door between the WC and the rest of the bathroom... so when one of us had to use the loo, the other had to leave the bathroom (did i mention that the bathroom is huge, so in theory, more than one person should be able to use at once). As a note, no newspaper is delivered to the room (which was odd as when i was walked to the room by someone from the staff, they asked me for my newspaper preference). Wonderful location if one wants to spend time in mid-town, which is exactly what we wanted to do.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I thought I had walked into an Apple Store with the funky check in area! Fab service and loved the extra touch of a glass of wine during check in.

Loved the view of the library and being so close to Bryant Park. The service is great, and bathroom was wow. Highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Assumming luxury at its best. Upon checking into the lobby I was greeted as if I was a familar . I arrived approximately 1 hour or more prior to my check in time. The person staff person who greeted me was very apologetic that my one room suite was not yet available. He stated excitely that I would be very pleased with him because he had an upgrade for me. We were offered compliminatary beverages while we waited and someone appeared from nowhere to take our laugage.

The update was a two bedroom suite. Wowwwww!!!! I had a bedroom and full bath to myself. The bathroom; marble and glass and more marble and glass in all of the right places. The shower; water. . .water . . .everywhere. This place was well appointed I was travling with my two daughters for my eldest daughter's 13th birthday celebration. Every detailed was taken care of with class and style. From every angle there was a great view from the floor to ceiling windows. With all of this, I still felt like I was right at home but only with my own private staff 24/7 hours a day.

I am looking for an excuse to go back again. My youngest daughter stated that she did not want to go back because she stated that "nothing could match this".

Pricey but well worth it. This is my New City place to stay.

Room Tip: My sure that you have the address handy if you are taking a cab. I believe that this is a relatively new property and it seems as if it residential. For me this greatly added to the appeal, but not a know destination. I had to seach through my things, etc. to get the address for cabby. We had a corner suite which really enhanced the view. So quiet. . .we were on the top floor as well and it was as if no one else was there.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family