“Great Location, Quality and Experience”
Review of Andaz 5th Avenue

Andaz 5th Avenue
Ranked #79 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The hotel is very conviniently located within walking distance o many business and entertainment districts. The staff consistently makes an effort to make you feel at home and cared for. Free non alcoholic drinks and snacks at your fridge give it a nice local touch, can't complain about the free wine hour at the hotel lobby. Food and drink options are great, the tapas bar in the basement is a must. I have stayed three times during the last 2 years and can tell they are really growing up to the Andaz expectation.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Alexj44
Write a ReviewReviews (2,556)

Reviewed March 22, 2012

The Andaz was a cool place to stay for four nights as a family. We had a suite which was huge by any standards, and the sofa bed was very comfortable for our two young girls (aged 7 & 9). The location was very central, lots to do and see nearby, and the subway was only a block away. Free snacks and soft drinks is a nice touch, as is the library and complimentary wine between 6 and 9pm.

Even better if....

- the kitchenette was pretty useless because there is no kettle, toaster or oven. The coffee maker was nice, but we still ended up going out for breakfast, lunch and dinner because you couldn't cook anything.
- it took a while to work out how everything works in the room because it's so modern. Not a big deal, but we were always laughing when trying to turn the shower on, or turn the lights off, or use the TV. The DVD player only worked once you'd activated the entertainment package for $15 a day, which I thought was pretty steep (and they took it off the bill).

All up, a cool, well located hotel.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank StanandLiz
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Great place. Great location. Would stay again without question. Enjoyed large 2 twin bed room with twin roll away bed.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I am in NY often and have experienced several 5 * hotels. This has been the best one up to now. The room, with view to the Library was very comfortable. The staff was helpful but unobtrusive. Breakfast in the room was on time and very good. I tried the bar together with my daughter-in-law and also the restaurant for lunch. In both places the food was good, the service could have been a little more forthcoming. At the bar, what surprised me is that white wine was served in water tumblers! I wonder what Riedel has to say about this new trend. But all in all I felt very comfortable and will certainly return.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GranmaAlma
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We booked this hotel purely based on the great tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. We visited NYC to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday and after getting in touch with Connie Wang we were upgraded to a beautiful room overlooking the library (just what I had asked for) but not only that, the next day we were sent a complimentary bottle of bubbly on ice as a birthday gift. The staff were unobtrusive but helpfeul when needed (just how we like it). The room was spacious and the bathroom amazing with double sinks, robes, state of the art three way shower. The free snack and soft drinks in the room were a great touch. The location (only 10minutes walk from Times Square) was perfect for us. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and would definitely book again for my next trip.

Room Tip: Get in touch with Connie Wang
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank V W
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Top location, friendly staff, great rooms and views

Room Tip: choose one of the XL view rooms, they are worth it
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have been travelling for business globally, around Asia, Europe and the US and I do believe that the Andaz at 5th Ave is rated among the best in the world. The staffs (I remember Meghan, Emillio, Danna and Anthony) are very kind and helpful. I stayed at the Andaz for 9 days and every time I went back from various and intense meetings across NYC, I felt like going back to a luxurious yet warm home, rather than another hotel lobby. I would recommend the Andaz at 5th Ave to any business traveller anytime, though I am certain that the place will be great for family vacation too. Kudos for the staffs at the Andaz!

Room Tip: The higher the better, you do not hear all the sirens of NYC
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business