The Andaz was a cool place to stay for four nights as a family. We had a suite which was huge by any standards, and the sofa bed was very comfortable for our two young girls (aged 7 & 9). The location was very central, lots to do and see nearby, and the subway was only a block away. Free snacks and soft drinks is a nice touch, as is the library and complimentary wine between 6 and 9pm.
Even better if....
- the kitchenette was pretty useless because there is no kettle, toaster or oven. The coffee maker was nice, but we still ended up going out for breakfast, lunch and dinner because you couldn't cook anything.
- it took a while to work out how everything works in the room because it's so modern. Not a big deal, but we were always laughing when trying to turn the shower on, or turn the lights off, or use the TV. The DVD player only worked once you'd activated the entertainment package for $15 a day, which I thought was pretty steep (and they took it off the bill).
All up, a cool, well located hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 5th avenue at 41st street, Andaz 5th Avenue is in the fashionable Bryant Park area of midtown Manhattan directly across the street from the New York Public Library. Guests will enjoy easy access to iconic New York attractions, like Times Square, Grand Central Station, Empire State Building, Herald Square and the Theater District. For a little retail therapy, we are within walking distance to endless shopping along 5th Avenue and are near subways to take you to other neighborhoods and the outer boroughs. The Andaz experience begins the moment you arrive and are greeted by one of our Hosts, who will check you in via handheld PC. Art work can be found throughout the hotel, whether it's 14-foot murals by Carlos Capelan, which glow like fire through the windows on 41st Street, or our ever-changing tbd Art series on the doors to the bar downstairs. But we don't just want you to look at beautiful things - we want to let you live the beautiful life as well. As part of that promise, we offer amenities like free Wi-Fi, a mini-bar stocked with complimentary non-alcoholic drinks and snacks, and 6,400 sq. Ft. Of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Andaz 5th Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz 5th Avenue Hotel New York City