2,721 results
All reviewsbryant parkthe ny public librarysplash suitenon alcoholic beveragescomplimentary mini barnorth towernew yorkhyatt pointsrain showerlight switchesroom servicediamond memberhuge bathroomtimes squaregrand central stationthe check in processmodern hotel
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This is amazing. The amazingness of this hotel falls into several categories:

Room: The room was beautiful, we got a "view" room that overlooked the library and could see all the way to Times Square. It was really thoughtfully laid out too: there was a fantastic chaise set up so you could lie down and gaze out at the city. The bathroom was really spacious, with his and hers sinks. The rain shower is absolutely fantastic. Ladies, a note, the light in the bathroom isn't super-bright, so might be better to put on makeup by the window. The temperature control was effective - when I wanted it warmer, it heated up quickly. I also appreciated the automatic curtains you could operate from a switch by the bed.

Food: This is the best room service food I have ever had in my life. Literally, the quality of the room service rivals most of the restaurants I've ever been in. Absolutely delicious. If I lived in this hotel, I'd be fat as all get-out from all the wonderful, wonderful food.

Staff: This is really what made it for me. We were running late for a show, and room service really went the extra mile to bring up our dinner in time even though they usually need 25 minutes at least..... it absolutely made my night. The check-in and check-out staff were thoroughly pleasant, and when I got stuck on a conference call that would not end, they graciously extended check out so I didn't have to hightail it out of my room while still on the phone.

Location: This is a great location, very convenient to shopping, shows, central park, great restaurants, and the subway if you want to venture farther afield. Not too far from Penn Station, if you're arriving via train.

This hotel and the other Andaz on Wall Street might be the only places I stay in New York from now on.....

Room Tip: Our room on the 9th floor had a great view of the library without much street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This was our first stay. We are experienced travelers. Very impressed with hotel and experience- awesome design and service. We used the trip to see several Broadway shows and the location was perfect! Liked the free coffee/tea anytime in the lobby and the free evening wine tasting. Also, the soft drinks and snacks were free in the mini-bar. Great locally sourced Long Island chips. There was a fashion week audition in the 2nd floor meeting rooms and was cool to see all the skinny beautiful young people coming and going which added to the NYC style.

Room Tip: High floor - we were in the 9th floor and in our tower there were only about four rooms-very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We had our third stay at the Andaz over the weekend, and cannot imagine staying anywhere else in NYC. We arrived at noon and they offered us beverages and a free bag check while we waited for the room, as well as a cell phone call as soon as it was ready a short while later.

The rooms are HUGE by New York standards, and most impressively, you aren't nickeled and dimed. The internet is free, the minibar is free, and the happy hour is free! Amazing.

Everyone on the staff has gone out of their way to help us and provide us with great recommendations, and the location is great - a short walk to just about anywhere. Having stayed in several Manhattan hotels, there is no question where I'll be on future stays.

Room Tip: If you pick the rate with free breakfast, you can use it in the restaurant or on room service with no service charge!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank michael p
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Wonderful hotel, very clean, friendly, courteous staff, comfy bed. Will be staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We were recently in NYC for a leisure trip. We loved the Andaz - our "home" base! The hosts were fantastic! They never made us feel as if we were imposing. Everyone was quick to help in whatever way they could. The free mini-bar helped after our late nights out. The room was beautiful and modern. Loved the shower! And the convenient location made it so easy to get wherever we needed to go. We'll definitely stay here the next time we come to the city!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Dear Melissa H,
Thank you for making us your home in New York! We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Warm regards,