Andaz 5th Avenue
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$128
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$143
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$169
$107
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$166
$127
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$116
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
$130
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$116
$98
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

2,669 results
All reviewsbryant parkthe ny public librarysplash suitenon alcoholic beveragescomplimentary mini barnorth towernew yorkhyatt pointscomplimentary winerain showerlight switcheshuge showerdiamond membertimes squaregrand central stationthe check in processrooms are large
Reviewed February 5, 2012

From the smooth check in where you get assigned a host/hostess to show you your room, to the free wine in the lobby between 6-9 daily this hotel is all about customer service. I loved the rooms, very comfortable bed and roomy bathrooms with luxury 3 way showers. It's all about the little extras for me such as the free soft drink mini bar, free wi-fi and lovely little chocolates and crisps treats left daily in the room. Not expected but makes you feel looked after. Location was great as well, right opposite the NY public library (btw very worth a visit it's a wonderful building) at Bryant park. I stayed with a group who all come to NY regularly and we all agreed it was the best hotel stay to date. Last thing worth mentioning is the food, I had room service, ate in the main restaurant and in the down stairs cellar bar and had great food at all 3 times. Can't wait to be back in NY and stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Title: An Interesting Option in NYC

My wife and I visit NYC often, and stayed here for 3 nights in a Splash Suite last summer. In short, the hotel offers a good-to-excellent hard product, a decent (but touristy) location, and mediocre service. I have seen some other reviews here call this a luxury hotel and I must disagree, but I don't think that is what they were going for here anyway. A little more detail:

Room:
The Splash Suite offers an enormous amount of space for your money in NYC, but it is marred by bizarre design choices. It features a large living area, a very large bathroom with freestanding soaking tub, tons of storage, and a spacious bedroom. I found the furniture to be a case of form over function, and the bathroom poorly lit and oddly short on doors. The shower was huge but the lack of door made what should have been very welcoming instead cold and annoying. The room description said the room offered a view of the Empire State Building from the tub but because of the low floor our view from the bathroom looked across 41st at another building. The bedroom windows looked over the library which was fun, albeit noisy due again to our low floor. Automatic blinds were handy but could not control individually.

Restaurant:
Not much to say here as we only had breakfast once here. It was solid food with decent service and high prices, as one would expect.

Location:
I'm sure many would love the location but I found it to be just OK. We avoid the tourist traps and pseudo-malls like 5th ave, and prefer proximity to major subway stations.

Service:
The room was booked online directly with the hotel, and I have no status with Hyatt. As it was a special occasion (we were returning from Asia on our honeymoon), I mentioned this as well as a request for a higher floor. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a host who lamented that our higher floor preference could not be met. He took us to our room, showed us around, and then left without giving us our key cards, which we had to go downstairs and retrieve. Came back one afternoon to find a pile of soaking wet towels and wet shoe prints all over the bathroom, looked like a leak from the ceiling? Otherwise very little to report, as we are light users of hotel services in NYC, preferring to be out and about.

Bottom Line:
The hard product here could be great with some furniture/lighting/bathroom fixes, but now it just feels like a big room with some odd design decisions. The giant soaking tub is great but I don't book hotels based solely on tubs! The soft product is spotty but passable by NYC standards. As I said earlier, I cannot call this a luxury hotel because of the lightweight service, but I think it is a mistake to expect those standards here in the first place. I'm glad to see another promising property in NYC, and I look forward to returning in the future to see how the place has matured.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bubb1
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Dear bubb1,

Thank you sincerely for giving us a try last summer! We really appreciate your feedback.

Although we have gotten many compliments, I admit that our design is not for everyone, and appreciate your posting pictures so that our guests can decide for themselves and choose the best option!

I sincerely apologize for our forgetting your keys and the towels in your bathroom. We believe detailed, caring hospitality is our standard, and we completely missed the mark in these two instances.

You mentioned that you travel to New York often and would try our hotel again. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of assistance, and we will make sure you have a wonderful stay!

Warm Regards,

Connie

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Can i give them 10 stars?

The Andaz brand is so refreshing and exciting. I love this property.

The rooms are contemporary, HUGE, and insanely comfortable. Service is beyond expectation.

Need i say more? I love all the Andaz hotels, but this one...and Shanghai are probably my favorites. Wall street is wonderful too...but i am in midtown more often. Darn....i love this property. Cant wait to come back.

The restaurant is great also...breakfast, dinner...whatever!
The location simply cant be beat. Right on 5th at 41st across from the library. No big signage...and i hope they keep it that way.

This is a secret you want to know about! Just dont tell too many people!

Room Tip: They are all great. I have stayed in rooms in both buildings, and have loved each one of them. Being a 'diamond' member with hyatt, i get upgraded...so i might be a bit spoiled. Wow...i cant wait to stay in this hotel again......
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to the 2 bedroom suite on the 10th floor of the Andaz Hotel. The view of the New York Public library, and the surrounding city skyline was spectacular. The suite itself was enormous and well appointed. The entrance to the hotel is a bit understated and could be missed if you didn't see the small Andaz sign posted on the door. Although the check in procedure was not as seamless as I would have liked, the young staff did their best to expedite the process as our room was not quite ready for the 3pm check in. After arriving in our spacious suite, we understood why. The complimentary non alcoholic beverages, snacks and Nespresso maker are a nice touch that are a feature of most Andaz properties. The Andaz properties are suited to a more independent traveler. The lobby is very minimalist and the staff are only recognizable by their black attire and iPads. The first time you encounter this it is a bit unusual relative to your typical check in at a chain hotel. The second time you realize it is distinguishing feature of the Andaz brand.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This hotel is is great, with a fantastic location and large, modern rooms and an amazing bathroom. Young and friendly staff. The second floor has a big "kitchen" and bar area suited for dinners and parties, I would recommend it to young people!

Room Tip: Rooms in the North Tower don't have a view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business