The scene: As Hyatt fans, we got a Hyatt Visa card last year and used it to pay for our wedding expenses, including multiple Hyatt stays and expenses for the wedding itself, at the awesome Hyatt Regency Boston (see a previous review). The Big Draw of the Hyatt Visa is 2 free nights at any available Hyatt anywhere. As our Mini-Moon and my wife's birthday (4-0), we used our nights in NYC.
We wanted to stay at the Grand Hyatt New York both nights, but they were super booked, so we had to "settle" for one Andaz 5th Ave. night. We wish we could have stayed there BOTH nights. And a few nights more. And a few more!
Because we let the hotel know of our Mini-Moon and birthday celebrations, they graciously upgraded our room. To a PALACE of a room, the Splash Suite. I suggest getting the Splash Suite if at all possible. It is AMAZING. The bathtub??? It is beyond awesome. The lit foot bath in the shower??? Are you SERIOUS? A foot bath??
So if you are considering the Andaz, you've probably been to their website and have read some reviews. You know it is hip and mod, and that they give you drinks when you check in, and that the GM is a Fashion Maven, and that the walls are works of art, and that there is a book lending library, and that the amenities in the room are awesome, and that you get snacks and free non-alcoholic bevies in a fridge in your room, and that there is a manager's reception with wine in the evenings. None of that is news. But a couple of things surprised me.
1) It was raining when we were there. No, POURING. The staff pulled out dozens of those classic black umbrellas for guests to use while wandering the city. How considerate is that?
2) The room was wired for cool. Lighting controls were cool. Controls for the blinds were cool. Lots of places for plugging in phones and laptops. All cool.
We LOVED the Andaz 5th Avenue. LOVED IT! (not so much the restaurant, but that will be another review)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 5th avenue at 41st street, Andaz 5th Avenue is in the fashionable Bryant Park area of midtown Manhattan directly across the street from the New York Public Library. Guests will enjoy easy access to iconic New York attractions, like Times Square, Grand Central Station, Empire State Building, Herald Square and the Theater District. For a little retail therapy, we are within walking distance to endless shopping along 5th Avenue and are near subways to take you to other neighborhoods and the outer boroughs. The Andaz experience begins the moment you arrive and are greeted by one of our Hosts, who will check you in via handheld PC. Art work can be found throughout the hotel, whether it's 14-foot murals by Carlos Capelan, which glow like fire through the windows on 41st Street, or our ever-changing tbd Art series on the doors to the bar downstairs. But we don't just want you to look at beautiful things - we want to let you live the beautiful life as well. As part of that promise, we offer amenities like free Wi-Fi, a mini-bar stocked with complimentary non-alcoholic drinks and snacks, and 6,400 sq. Ft. Of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Andaz 5th Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz 5th Avenue Hotel New York City